Banshees Scream

UFOs, Space Aliens and the like

If you could report back on the exact number of UFO museums there and how many different landing sites they claim to be the 'real one' that would be much appreciated. The numbers of both of those things have been known to vary over the years.

• Like 1

You just did a little exhuming of your own.

You just did a little exhuming of your own.

There are no dead threads only dormant ones.

Just started reading UFO books again after a year or so off to pack in PhD research. Did you know you can now do the short UFO trail. walking through Rendlesham Forest to visit the alleged landing sites of the UFO seen there in late 1980.

Decent site for a DLcon?

Guest Guest

I saw a UFO last night.It was 2 red flashing lights hovering back and forward, quite low over the houses.I could hear a sort of whirring noise then it flew off into the clouds.i was quite shaken by it :unsure:

Just started reading UFO books again after a year or so off to pack in PhD research. Did you know you can now do the short UFO trail. walking through Rendlesham Forest to visit the alleged landing sites of the UFO seen there in late 1980.

Decent site for a DLcon?

Any decent pubs in the area?
  • Like 1

Decent site for a DLcon?

Any decent pubs in the area?

Tbh I don't know but myself and Mrs Maryport have just decided on a romantic break around there, so I'll scout it out. On the other hand...do we have any posters living around Woodbridge?

This dying scientist/defence worker made a so-called "confession" about the goings on at Area 51, back in August.

Some rather weird comments/odd descriptions from him but he says some of the aliens are friendly and "helping us" invent stuff or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLkcM-bpdiA

And he has some pictures which he holds up to the camera like something filmed in your garage with a camcorder or something.

This dying scientist/defence worker made a so-called "confession" about the goings on at Area 51, back in August.

Some rather weird comments/odd descriptions from him but he says some of the aliens are friendly and "helping us" invent stuff or something.

And he has some pictures which he holds up to the camera like something filmed in your garage with a camcorder or something.

Don't get me started (too late, you did). You might want to examine the UFOlogical "careers" of supposed insiders who've made confessions before. Also the things done by Wendell "Pappy" Hayes who allegedly flew part of the Roswell cargo. He told his fishing buddies stuff that ended up as hard UFOlogical fact in several books, most people overlooking the fact he was a noted practical joker. Then there was Glenn Dennis, mortician who supposedly delivered tiny coffins to the airbase at Roswell (damn good story, somewhat undermined because no UFOlogist ever tracked down the nurse Dennis claimed he knew there). Oh yeah, and Dennis had a financial interest in one of Roswell's UFO museums. Then there's the oldster Alfred Burtoo, supposedly abducated from a canal bank whilst fishing in Aldershot in 1983...

Basically, yer man here might have lots of reasons that are nowt to do with aliens.

• Like 1

Its utter bollocks.

EFA. :)

• Like 1

This chap has decided that now is the time to send out a message to the aliens. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-31442952 I particularly enjoyed this part:

"My personal preference is to send the internet - send it all because if you send a lot of information then there's some chance that they'll work it out".

Assuming Sky haven't automatically used their family friendly filtering, I assume it may be some considerable time before we hear from out there....

This chap has decided that now is the time to send out a message to the aliens. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-31442952 I particularly enjoyed this part:

"My personal preference is to send the internet - send it all because if you send a lot of information then there's some chance that they'll work it out".

Assuming Sky haven't automatically used their family friendly filtering, I assume it may be some considerable time before we hear from out there....

What do you mean?

Next year there will be a DDP team called The Entire Human Race

• Like 1

What do you mean?

Next year there will be a DDP team called The Entire Human Race

By the time they've worked through the adult sites....

During his appearance on Pete Holmes' You Made It Weird podcast this week, Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers shared the story of the time he was on the East Coast for a predraft interview back in 2005. While he was in the New York-New Jersey area, the quarterback and his buddies heard a siren outside. When they looked to see what was up, they were stunned to see a UFO.
SC

Since we're on the UFO topic.....

A "flying saucer UFO” that was displayed for decades on a corner of the wall outside the International UFO Museum & Research Center building on South Main Street in Roswell, New Mexico, went missing on Sunday mysteriously. The silver-colored mock-up of a flying saucer UFO made of fiberglass and stainless steel had served as mascot for the museum since it opened in 1992.

SC

Since we're on the UFO topic.....

A "flying saucer UFO” that was displayed for decades on a corner of the wall outside the International UFO Museum & Research Center building on South Main Street in Roswell, New Mexico, went missing on Sunday mysteriously. The silver-colored mock-up of a flying saucer UFO made of fiberglass and stainless steel had served as mascot for the museum since it opened in 1992.

I think it did a mock launch and flew away.

• Like 2

On 7/4/2010 at 12:38, CarolAnn said:

I had a serious, early morning moment of existential angst about where to put this - it was terrible. Coffee helped.

Anyway, my cousin died last week and I'm going to his funeral. Despite your knee jerk reaction that I should have put this in whatever death in the family thread there is now, the fact is I'm going to Roswell, NM.

I'll report in when I return on Friday, unless the anal probe reaches too far up and I can't type anymore.

Just wondering how the anal probing situation went? :wacko:

You'd think that in the age of the smartphone alien visits would get recorded frequently. But somehow they aren't. 

However, I believe aliens exist. And they might have visited us.

Has the Belgian UFO wave 1989/90 ever been explained? I remember it as widely covered news on the TV when I was a child. (I also wonder if it inspired the TV series The X-Files.)

Since alien visits AREN'T covered regularly via smartphone, I conclude that aliens only visit rarely and in waves, because each visit is a huge endeavour. There are no "rogue" alien starship captains coming over for a visit. But they have giant missions with several ships at once.

• Thanks 1

I do believe that aliens exist, ngl. I think that it's extremely unlikely that we would be the only place in the universe that supports life. There's bound to be alien life somewhere else in the universe. However, I don't believe that the aliens are visiting us yet. I think that, at the moment, it would be extremely unlikely that aliens would come to earth right now. That would likely take thousands of years to actually make it to earth, and it means that they would likely have to reproduce in space and teach them how the spaceship works and stuff like that (they could be in a vegetative state, but there would have to be at least one being running the ship and making sure they don't get destroyed in space). So, while it's not impossible, I don't think the UFO sightings are real. Indeed, I believe if they actually came to earth, we the human race are likely goners...

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

You'd think that in the age of the smartphone alien visits would get recorded frequently. But somehow they aren't. 

However, I believe aliens exist. And they might have visited us.

Has the Belgian UFO wave 1989/90 ever been explained? I remember it as widely covered news on the TV when I was a child. (I also wonder if it inspired the TV series The X-Files.)

Since alien visits AREN'T covered regularly via smartphone, I conclude that aliens only visit rarely and in waves, because each visit is a huge endeavour. There are no "rogue" alien starship captains coming over for a visit. But they have giant missions with several ships at once.

A guy got a PhD for a fairly well researched and highly skeptical analysis of the Belgian UFO wave; something mentioned in a podcast that deals with the sightings and the real quality of much of the evidence. Still downloadable though get it quick because only the most recent 50 podcasts are available on Skeptoid, here: https://skeptoid.com/episode_guide.php?cat=8

• Thanks 3

I can say, personally, that MPFC is the voice of reason on this subject, damn him.

12 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I can say, personally, that MPFC is the voice of reason on this subject, damn him.

Thanks fella, had I been less reasonable I'd likely have made more money writing about the subject. Seriously, I once had a lengthy chat with an editor at  book publishing company who made a lot of money from the whole UFO/paranormal business. The gist of the conversation being that he personally found loads of the arguments and evidence he edited for a living to be full of logical gaps and lacking in substance but the sales returns indicated that the market just wanted to be told there were landing UFOs, abducted humans and some huge conspiracy behind the whole thing. One massive irony being the fact that some of the biggest selling books of all - Timothy Good's Above Top Secret and Beyond Top Secret - suggest from their title onwards that they shouldn't be allowed to exist.

• Like 2

What about David Icke´s claims? (I remember when your (the Brits here) Queen Mum was buried: that was the largest coffin I have ever seen - thoughts then went back to Icke´s reptilian claims about the Royal families.) 

1 hour ago, theoldlady said:

What about David Icke´s claims? (I remember when your (the Brits here) Queen Mum was buried: that was the largest coffin I have ever seen - thoughts then went back to Icke´s reptilian claims about the Royal families.) 

Once he came out as a full-blown mystic one of Icke's first claims was that the Scottish isle of Arran would sink. This was almost day one of his new life when he went on the Wogan show and even loveable Terry said "they're laughing at you, not with you."

Thirty odd years later it's still possible to walk on dry land on Arran

• Like 1
  • Haha 1