hellkat

Hospitalised!

20 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Former NFLer Matt Millen has undergone a successful heart transplant.  (Switches around deadpool plans)  

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25607958/matt-millen-undergoes-successful-heart-transplant

Ah FUCK.....  FUCK ALL.
(otoh thx aog, I'd have not checked on him maybe at all)

Matt Millen ... a big disappointment for my Poker team... heart problems and amyloidosis...survived it all, in spite of a second health crisis.

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Matt Millen ... a big disappointment for my Poker team... heart problems and amyloidosis...survived it all, in spite of a second health crisis.

He went into a Philly hospital 'and wasn't going to leave until he had a new heart' - meaning he planned on dying there in the relatively near (90 days?) future.  As usual with the American donor list, money talks.  If his name was T. Bob Millen he'd be dead.
I DO wonder how much interest he was about to garner on DL's various DPs.  I have a feeling he was slipping under the radar, which is why I targeted him.

SC

Just now, Sir Creep said:

He went into a Philly hospital 'and wasn't going to leave until he had a new heart' - meaning he planned on dying there in the relatively near (90 days?) future.  As usual with the American donor list, money talks.  If his name was T. Bob Millen he'd be dead.
I DO wonder how much interest he was about to garner on DL's various DPs.  I have a feeling he was slipping under the radar, which is why I targeted him.

SC

He'd been on my tentative list for the 2019 AO Deadpool (hence the bracketed comment).  I guess it depends on whether people are willing to take a chance on someone who, if they get their transplant, almost becomes a non-deadpool factor for the rest of the year.

30 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

He'd been on my tentative list for the 2019 AO Deadpool (hence the bracketed comment).  I guess it depends on whether people are willing to take a chance on someone who, if they get their transplant, almost becomes a non-deadpool factor for the rest of the year.

Odds were probably in his favour.  I harken back to taking a wild chance on Brandon Jenkins in the Cup last (er..... this) year.  
Well, we still have Tiny Archibald with the same disease/illness.  He will certainly obit, even in the basketball unfriendly confines of the UK.

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Odds were probably in his favour.  I harken back to taking a wild chance on Brandon Jenkins in the Cup last (er..... this) year.  
Well, we still have Tiny Archibald with the same disease/illness.  He will certainly obit, even in the basketball unfriendly confines of the UK.

There are a couple of other individuals waiting for transplants who I've considered for deadpools this year and one who I took a chance on last year, but who did get the needed organ donation and who has lived happily ever after.

Vervoort in hospital again. Bladder and kidney infection, presumably. Well, either that or cancer.

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Vervoort in hospital again. Bladder and kidney infection, presumably. Well, either that or cancer.

For fuck sakes! I had completely removed her from my list and now there’s this update that makes the final decision harder for me. Fun times, ain’t it? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Nate Archibald had his heart transplant in June.  No news really since then, but I didn't look too hard. 

33 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

For fuck sakes! I had completely removed her from my list and now there’s this update that makes the final decision harder for me. Fun times, ain’t it? 

UTIs are pretty common with paralyzed/immobile people.  Some strong IV antibiotics and she will be good as new (or at least as she was).

3 hours ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

UTIs are pretty common with paralyzed/immobile people.  Some strong IV antibiotics and she will be good as new (or at least as she was).

Damn, Skinny....my entire teams are heart transplants and UTIs.  I got nothing left!

Top religious scholar of Pakistan, Maulana Tariq Jameel, had an angina attack on Tuesday and shifted to a private hospital in Lahore.

According to hospital sources, the religious scholar’s condition is stable now.  The doctors have recommended an Angiography, which will be held in the afternoon.
SC

Former Maldives Vice President Ahmed Adeeb was rushed to Indhira Gandhi Memorial Hospital (IGMH) for treatment, on Saturday evening.

The ex-VP’s wife Mariyam Nashwa told RaajjeTV that she is not clear on why Adeeb was brought to the hospital and for what he is being treated for.

RaajjeMV understands that Adeeb is being treated at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
He had gall stones removed just two months ago.  He's also serving a 33-year prison sentence so it could well be one of those stunts.

SC

A woman who lost a leg in the Boston Marathon bombing in 2013 was hospitalized after being struck by a car. Professional dancer Adrianne Haslet posted on social media that she was struck while in a crosswalk in the city's Back Bay neighborhood on Saturday night.  Haslet posted a picture of herself in a hospital bed in a neck brace. She wrote she was "thrown into the air and landed, crushing the left side of my body."  She added that she was "completely broken."  The driver told police he was turning and did not see Haslet because it was dark and rainy and she was wearing dark clothing.
The police said if Haslet tried to bring litigation she wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

SC

Convicted drug lord Tony Mokbel is fighting for his life after he was violently set upon at the high security Barwon prison in Lara, near Geelong. 

He underwent emergency surgery after being flown to the Royal Melbourne Hospital. Mokbel is in intensive care after being stabbed multiple times, and remains in a critical condition.

SC

Outlander actor Tam Dean Burn stabbed after speaking at a poetry event in Edinburgh.

Home now, so imagine 'minor' wounds .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-47434455

I'm only posting to say IT'S FUCKING CUP SEASON -- I Don't care if you are OUT (I will likely be) YOU DO NOT RUIN IT FOR THOSE PLAYING!!

I say that cuz there is CERTAIN news out today on two people.  DO NOT BE A CUNT.  Do not post people with months to live at most.   
OH....I'm sure it'll happen cuz you cunt's can't control your cunty selves.  But you know who I am talking about -- you saw the headlines.  
Don't you fucking dare....
SirC

• Confused 1

I heard Peter Falk was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s again

• Haha 3

I can't remember if that is true.

On another note: this reminds me of an op-ed on the PBS Newshour last week.   There is a concern regarding privacy issues -- in that the movement of your computer mouse may have it's data uploaded and analysed ... and the micro-movements may detect Parkinson's Disease well before the user knows they have it.    Insurance companies would be very interested in that data.