hellkat

Hospitalised!

On 12/02/2022 at 20:04, arghton said:

https://elpais.com/cultura/2022-02-11/antonio-resines-me-han-salvado-literalmente-la-vida.html

Antonio Resines also discharged, after 48 days in hospital with bilateral covid pneumonia and acute respiratory failure. Still very frail and unable to speak more than three sentences at a time without getting exhausted but recovering.

Couldn't find anything on Mukherjee, Lowassa or Spedaletti who as far as I know haven't been discharged.

Jorge Spedaletti finally dead at 74.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, drol said:

Jorge Spedaletti finally dead at 74.

In typical cup fashion he dies the month where people quit picking him entirely.

• Haha 2

On 09/06/2022 at 09:19, arghton said:

Richard M. Daley (wiki) US politician and former Mayor of Chicago mentioned a few times here before, hospitalised after feeling "out of sorts" but doesn't sound too serious.

Richard Daley discharged and moved to a rehabilitation facility. It was a "neurological event" (Chicago slang for a minor stroke, probably)

Mentioning these two, both seem quite severe:

David Dhawan, Indian Hindi film director hospitalised with severe diabetes complications. Not the first time.

Tanveer Jamal, Pakistani actor hospitalised with cancer. Not the first time, he has previously had cancer and was diagnosed with it again last month. One source says it's "late-stage" lung cancer. 

Another Pakistani actor Mehmood Akhtar is in ill health

On 05/06/2022 at 13:31, arghton said:

Valentin Uritescu's condition has stabilised and he is now "in good condition". Or in what is a good condition for someone who has suffered from parkinson's for 47 years and is now in very late stages.

Zeta Emilianidou still "critical and in serious condition"

Valentin Uritescu finally dead.

• Like 2

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/18967938/gloria-hunniford-hospital-fall-broke-eye-socket-loose-women/

British  tv and radio presenter Gloria Hunniford  reveals she has recently  been hospitalised  after falling and  breaking her eye socket- causing her to miss her role in the official  platinum jubilee celebrations a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

So, here's a quick roundup of hospitalised/neverdying/foreverimproving folks.

1)Pervez Musharraf (1943): terminal amyloidosis and multiple organ failure, not able to come back to Pakistan, yet still under experimental treatment and not on his last legs.

2)José Eduardo do Santos (1942): treatment for cancer since 2019, in coma and life support after respiratory failure. Anyway stable and possibly not in danger according to close sources.

3)Cardinal Severino Poletto (1933): hospitalised "in critical conditions" some days ago. Discharged after two days, apparently only "slightly ill" according to his family, "alert and doing well" according to a bishop who visited him. His health has apparently declined for more than a year.

4)Tarun Majumdar (1931): heart and kidney failure, sepsis, life support, dyalisis... anyway he is "stable" according to close sources. 

5)Mikhail Gorbachev (1931): Receiving dyalisis for kidney failure and has been ill for a very long time. Feels like he has been circling the drain forever.

6)Mulayam Singh Yadav (1939): urinary tract infections, which was discovered during a routine check-up. Won't go anywhere even this time.

If other names are suggested I'll gleefully add them. Only serious/notable hospitalizations please.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, drol said:

If other names are suggested I'll gleefully add them. Only serious/notable hospitalizations please.

Mulayam Singh Yadav has been hospitalised again, this time with UTI:

https://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com/metro/lucknow/politics/mulayam-singh-yadav-admitted-to-medanta-hospital-trouble-due-to-urine-infection-know-whole-matter/articleshow/92447242.cms

• Like 1

And there's also Shalom Cohen, Sephardi rabbi hospitalised "for tests" over a week ago and as far as I know still hasn't been discharged. Third time during the last eight months. 

On 27/11/2021 at 10:02, drol said:

Bangla Academy president Rafiqul Islam on life support.

Bangladesh leader of opposition Rowshan Ershad in ICU after being hospitalised for two months and a half.

Rowshan Ershad back from Thailand where she had received "advanced treatment for old-age complications" for 7 and a half months:

https://www.newagebd.net/article/174435/raushon-ershad-returns-bangladesh-from-thailand

• Like 1

On 17/06/2022 at 17:03, arghton said:

Juan Ponce Enrile de...nope, named Chief Presidential Legal Counsel in the BongBong Marcos Administration at 98:

https://www.manilatimes.net/2022/06/17/news/marcos-taps-enrile-as-presidential-legal-counsel/1847728

On 25/05/2022 at 18:34, arghton said:

Juan Ponce Enrile (1924-) Ancient politician who has held multiple positions since 1966, most notably he was Marcos' Minister of Defence. Pneumonia in 2012, health conditions reported in 2014: uncontrolled/chronic hypertension dating back to 1990, arrhythmia, atherosclerosis, history of gastrointernal bleeding, history of benign prostate hypertrophy, bronchial asthma and coronary artery calcification, hospital arrest in 2014, pneumonia and dengue in 2015, has undergone stem cell therapy, severe pneumonia in 2022.

Juan Ponce Enrile now hospitalised with covid and pneumonia.

Despite his illness, Enrile assured both friends and critics that his death is not imminent. He is confident of recovery with the help of his doctors.

“To all my FB friends, critics, and enemies: Please bear with me. I am in the hospital. To my critics and enemies: Do not clap with glee. I am not going to die yet. Far from it,” he said in a Facebook post.

Here's some kind of an update post, with some opinions.

Musharraf: Still not dead, Pakistani media seems to have gone a bit quieter on his health recently. Not such a June/July dead cert he seemed like a few weeks ago...

dos Santos: Attempt to take him out of coma failed today according to Portuguese media. On the other hand his daughter claims he's stable and doesn't have cancer. Other inside sources say that he's very ill. 60% sure he'll be dead by the end of the week.

Majumdar: Miraculously recovering (but he also never had a tracheotomy despite atleast one source saying that he did, which means he was slightly less ill than I thought) but not out of danger. His NG tube has been taken off, but he's still in ICU and unable to talk. Now communicates by writing. An MRI scan has not been done yet as he's not yet in good enough health, but they think he could have suffered a stroke. His list of diseases is long and even if he's discharged I doubt he'll ever fully recover from this hospitalisation.

Gorbachev: I know nothing about his current condition but I doubt he'll see 2023 at this point. He's been ill for ages and had many close calls with death.

Singh Yadav: Poster boy for an elderly couch potatoes with swollen limbs, but he isn't ill with any mortal diseases. Will be discharged, but his health will probably start to properly fail soon.

Ponce Enrile: Isn't in serious condition, he'll recover again, but after these last two hospitalisations I'm going to bet on him not making it to 100. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ajlposh said:

Travis Barker hospitalized. No word on what for or how he’s doing tho.

The Kardashians are evil people, remember Lamar Odom?

5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

The Kardashians are evil people, remember Lamar Odom?

And Tristan Thompson, Scott Disick, Travis Scott and so on, most of who are pretty troubled people themselves. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, GuyFromFuture said:

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams avoided for Travis Barker

jfc

who or what is travis barker. He certainly looks from a quick image search that he has pancreas problems, so I'm guessing 2-3 years from here?

16 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

who or what is travis barker. He certainly looks from a quick image search that he has pancreas problems, so I'm guessing 2-3 years from here?

Not easy to predict with pancreatitis at all.

Statically he should recover and live a pretty long term.Depends on type severity complications other health issues etc and he is married to a Kardashian which doesn't bode well based on history.