DevonDeathTrip

Edward Kennedy/Curse of the Kennedys

I'd be lying if I said part of me didn't want him not to be the next hit on DL, but then I wouldn't be lying if I didn't say that another part of me did want him to be.

I'd be lying if I said part of me didn't want him not to be the next hit on DL, but then I wouldn't be lying if I didn't say that another part of me did want him to be.

So, as an exercise in boolean, you don't want him on the DL. The rest is content-free waffle.

There's two minutes I'll never get back. :pop:

JFK's daughter, Caroline Kennedy, has dropped out of the race to take Clinton's New York seat.

You don't think she may be waiting for a certain uncle to pop his clogs? She'd probably stand a better chance of winning the nomination to replace him.

Might be more to do with being unable to string a sentence together without dropping into Valley Girl speak.

JFK's daughter, Caroline Kennedy, has dropped out of the race to take Clinton's New York seat.

You don't think she may be waiting for a certain uncle to pop his clogs? She'd probably stand a better chance of winning the nomination to replace him.

With that kind of political manoeuvring, then she'd be ideal on Captial Hill, but of course she is a Kennedy...

Kennedy not feeling well enough to make it to DC for the vote on the stimulas package.

Unofficial countdown- 75 days- Doctors give him months to live. He will never return to Washington. He will live his remaining days in Florida. :rolleyes: He is trying to get his wife his seat after he dies. Source- I'm sure it will come out soon enough.

Kennedy office disputes ill-health report. Personally I don't know what to believe.... on one hand, of course his office would say that's he's doing fine, as it's a political necessity. On the other hand, a lot of journalistic endeavours in the United States do tend to exaggerate or sensationalize. In any case, I'm regretting neither leaving him off my current CPDP nor putting him on my current DDP.

He is to be made an honourary Knight.

He will be made a Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire. Given the sufferings of the current President's family under colonial rule, they could perhaps have chosen a different Order. Not the best move for maintaining the special relationship...

He is to be made an honourary Knight.

He will be made a Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire. Given the sufferings of the current President's family under colonial rule, they could perhaps have chosen a different Order. Not the best move for maintaining the special relationship...

arguably America's best-known Irish-American will be best remembered in the UK for his involvement in mediating over the Northern Ireland dispute.

Wrong. It will always be Chappaquiddick.

I like one of the comments on that story:

My only memory of TK in NI is that incident with a british soldier in South Armagh. TK at the head of a media circus, says to a group of soldiers manning a checkpoint "Why don't you go back to your own country?". Soldier's reply, "This is my country. Why don't you f**k off back to yours"

What did he do exactly in relation to NI, other than raising money for the IRA?

I'm sure the Queen is well chuffed at having to give a knighthood to a man who helped finance the killers of Lord Mountbatten.

I'm sure the Queen is well chuffed at having to give a knighthood to a man who helped finance the killers of Lord Mountbatten.

If only you knew the REAL truth about Mountbatten and his alleged killers? :)

If only you knew the REAL truth about Mountbatten and his alleged killers? :(

Oh, do tell us what you heard! It's more fun to just blaze away with at least a link to some un-sculorlus semi truths than just to leave us all hanging.

Oh, do tell us what you heard! It's more fun to just blaze away with at least a link to some un-sculorlus semi truths than just to leave us all hanging.

Well I read somewhere that there was this alleged plotting by Mountbatten and Airey Neave, Thatcher's closest advisor, to take over the country. Neave was killed in March 1979 by an INLA bomb, while Mountbatten was killed by the IRA's hitherto unused aqua division five months later....

Well I read somewhere that there was this alleged plotting by Mountbatten and Airey Neave, Thatcher's closest advisor, to take over the country. Neave was killed in March 1979 by an INLA bomb, while Mountbatten was killed by the IRA's hitherto unused aqua division five months later....

You mean their Navy? I tink they had a problem wit dat.

You mean the suggested coup d'etat during the second Wilson Administration? Well, they sort of let them hang on a fair bit after that...

You a big fan of Wikipedia then?

If only you knew the REAL truth about Mountbatten and his alleged killers? :)

Love it. I have three a day! :(

If only you knew the REAL truth about Mountbatten and his alleged killers? ;)

Love it. I have three a day! :)

It's clear that Mary Jo Kopechne knew all the UK's secrets, like Sean Connery's character in The Rock. Interestingly, irish americans who are ashamed of him aren't surprised at all at the knightship.

G'day everyone.

Did anyone else see Ted Kennedy at the Red sox game. Good to see him up and about!

Not much strength in the ol'pitching arm though, but the old fella had been through a lot and he seems to be enjoying himself

G'day everyone.

Did anyone else see Ted Kennedy at the Red sox game. Good to see him up and about!

Not much strength in the ol'pitching arm though, but the old fella had been through a lot and he seems to be enjoying himself

I saw that clip. Arguably the worst first pitch ever, although unlike Mariah Carey, Carl Lewis, the mayor of Cincinnati and assorted others, at least Teddy had a good excuse.

The first pitch is the weakest