Windsor

Who Will Be The Next Us President ?

Who will win the 2008 US election?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who do you think will win the election in November?

With heavy heart, I say McCain and a continuation of the Bushite dynasty. I just can't see enough change in grassroots attitudes towards non-white politicians.

The voters want change and a strong, authoritative leader. Given that the fuzzy-wuzzies and the ragheads don't like it up 'em, it's got to be Clive Dunn for me.

"Hmm. Which one shall I pick?.. Leftie I think."

Picking_A_Winner.jpg

McCain...the Dems are famous for f--ing up national elections. Proof- Bush got reelected.

McCain has to survive the whole campaign without saying something stupid. Frankly, I think he's just too much his own man to achieve that. I know it goes against much of what we enjoy here but I truly hope America elects a black man and he survives the whole campaign without a shot being fired.

There are two sides to my view on politics. One side of me knows the crisis the United States is in and is fond of the solutions and the other realizes how deceptive some of these people voting are. I respect John McCain for his service and if you were locked up for "six years" by the Vietnamese, you would no doubt adapt to that "must win war" mentality, even if there really isn't a war going on. I try and see from where others stand and from where John McCain stands, I can see his deception.

I really feel it's time for a Democrat to take office and wrap up our stay in Iraq. The dilution wealthy Republicans live "Example: He is 51 and she is 48" is "Wouldn't you rather have the war over there then over here? But that's bullshit. There isn't any war. The most pathetic part of it is most republicans "truly believe that" and believe it or not, that fear is McCains greatest weapon. Hypothetically Obama can say 'There is nothing to fear but fear itself" .. and that's why I don't think he will win.

Some of us see "The Iraq Stay" as a barrier from terrorism (I hate that word) and I'm in doubt Obama will be able to knock down that view point. It's really comforting for the Republican who says "There isn't a draft?" "I'm safe from suicidal maniacs who die for their gods which are make believe" .. but do they ask themselves how much it costs to stay in Iraq?" No. Do they realize that Christian soldiers in the land of Allah makes young Islamic men go mad dog? No. Overall the Republican objective is to rebuild Iraq and I say "Don't paint the neighbors house when yours looks like sh*t!. All I have to say is expect high oil prices and jokes about cod fish which just aren't funny.

Overall the Republican objective is to rebuild Iraq

And damn bloody right. If you broke it, you fix it, in my book.

Matt Santos.

I've recently recieved the following email which I though I should share with you all:

To: [Redacted]

Subject: WHO IS BARACK OBAMA?

There are many things people do not know about BARACK OBAMA. It is every American's duty to read this message and pass it along to all of their friends and loved ones.

Barack Obama wears a FLAG PIN at all times. Even in the shower.

Barack Obama says the PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE every time he sees an American flag. He also ends every sentence by saying, "WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL." Click here for video of Obama quietly mouthing the PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE in his sleep.

A tape exists of Michelle Obama saying the PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE at a conference on PATRIOTISM.

Every weekend, Barack and Michelle take their daughters HUNTING.

Barack Obama is a PATRIOTIC AMERICAN. He has one HAND over his HEART at all times. He occasionally switches when one arm gets tired, which is almost never because he is STRONG.

Barack Obama has the DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE tattooed on his stomach. It's upside-down, so he can read it while doing sit-ups.

There's only one artist on Barack Obama's iPod: FRANCIS SCOTT KEY.

Barack Obama is a DEVOUT CHRISTIAN. His favorite book is the BIBLE, which he has memorized. His name means HE WHO LOVES JESUS in the ancient language of Aramaic. He is PROUD that Jesus was an American.

Barack Obama goes to church every morning. He goes to church every afternoon. He goes to church every evening. He is IN CHURCH RIGHT NOW.

Barack Obama's new airplane includes a conference room, a kitchen, and a MEGACHURCH.

Barack Obama's skin is the color of AMERICAN SOIL.

Barack Obama buys AMERICAN STUFF. He owns a FORD, a BASEBALL TEAM, and a COMPUTER HE BUILT HIMSELF FROM AMERICAN PARTS. He travels mostly by FORKLIFT.

Barack Obama says that Americans cling to GUNS and RELIGION because they are AWESOME.

Excellent, Dr. Strangelove, but how could they omit the little known fact that Obama was once a P.O.W. in Vietnam? All the more amazing because he was six years old at the time! While in Vietnam, his captors forced him to work outside from dawn til dusk. This resulted in a permanent tan, which led to the current rumour that he is African-American.

Excellent, Dr. Strangelove, but how could they omit the little known fact that Obama was once a P.O.W. in Vietnam? ...

Perhaps because he might be a Manchurian Candidate?

I voted for Mccain because I want him to win, but with a heavy heart I have to admit that Obama will probably be the next President.

What do people think of Obama's choice of Joe Biden as running mate? I wonder if Hillary's pissed off or secretly relieved.

Biden, his time.

John McCain

If you listen closely you can hear the sound of bibles being sharpened as the Dark Lord gathers his minions in the shadows and prepares for battle... :sicktherm:

I know one thing....someone needs to tell Michelle Obama that a spider crawling up your chest and a yellow brocade baby doll dress aren't flattering to anyone.

Not exactly hot off the presses, but allegedly Barack Obama was the target of a crack (well, amphetamines anyway) team of hillbilly wannabe assassins.

Day of the Jackass

allegedassasinsan0.jpg

The fact that one of 'em looks like Vanilla Ice, the second Cletus off of The Simpsons, and that the third, not pictured, had the last name "Adolph", suggests these may not have been the smoothest of operators.

Given the mental agility of such race-hate morons I wouldn't be too worried about the security around Obama being able to stop them. But, on the subject of the next president the sheer presence of these morons does make it obvious that some racial tensions will kick off around the campaign, are probably local and disorganised. If I was black and living down the road from those idiots I'd be more worried.

Having lived in the US for many years it seems this whole "the election will be decided by race" issue is a little overblown. The vast majority of Americans who I know who will or won't vote for Obama will do so because he's a Democrat and all that comes with that (pro choice, pro gun control, make love not war, etc.), not because he's black. Sure, you get the crazies who won't vote for a black man no how no way, but they'd be unlikely to vote Democrat over Republican regardless. What would have been really interesting would have been if Colin Powell or Condi Rice had somehow been the Republican nominee. That would have caused some real consternation.

And if Obama does get elected, here's predicting there is absolutely no chance he gets shot. Every trip, speech, appearance, vacation, etc. the Secret Service will have been there beforehand, and they already thought of that.

I was interested to read that Barack Obama used to go by "Barry" when he was a schoolboy in Indonesia. Story here.

I quite like the thought that a Bazza might make US president. Should go well with Australia's Kev.

14 reasons why Barack Obama will win the US Election in November :rip:

1. When Chuck Norris is in a really tough jam he asks himself, “What would Barack Obama do?”

2. Barack Obama is so cool, he'll single-handedly reverse global warming.

3. Every time Barack Obama smiles, a corporate lobbyist gets indicted.

4. Barack Obama eats cornflakes with a side of magic for breakfast.

5. Barack Obama is twice the flavor with half the calories.

6. Barack Obama has the ghosts of JFK, Ghandi, and Jesus on Ouija-board speed-dial.

7. Barack Obama warms in the winter and stays cool in the summer.

8. Rush Limbaugh secretly has the "Yes We Can" video favorited on his YouTube account.

9. Your dog likes Barack Obama better than you.

10. Your mom likes Barack Obama better than you.

11. You like Barack Obama better than you.

12. When he's president Barack Obama will make it illegal for people to talk at the cinema.

13. Barack Obama guides ships to safety on dark and stormy nights.

14. The Force is with Barack Obama.

Guest Edwin Drood

I do hope Barack does win, it\'s been such a long time since a president was assassinated.