IKYWN

Paul Gascoigne

Kettering Town chairman Imraan Ladak, who sacked Gascoigne as manager, accused him of 37 alcohol-related incidents during his 39 days in charge.

Geroge Best would be proud of him.

You mean he was actually sober for 2 days? :(

Kettering Town chairman Imraan Ladak, who sacked Gascoigne as manager, accused him of 37 alcohol-related incidents during his 39 days in charge.

You mean he was actually sober for 2 days? :(

Maybe all 37 incidents occurred on the same day.

Site police don't seem to like too many topics otherwise I would be minded to discuss people who we think won't make their three score years and ten, better still, 60. A kind of Bob Marley/ Jimi Hendrix/ Marc Bolan / Pete Doherty memorial thread. Spot the odd one out.

Doherty is the odd one out. The other three were singers

Not quite - Jimi Hendrix was mainly known for mastering the guitar. :(

No. Pete doesn't have curly hair.

Guest Doughboy_Jon
You mean he was actually sober for 2 days?

No, these were the 2 days that Imran Ladak had off! :ghost:

So that's two days sober? What a lightweight!

Guest Tezza
There are unconfirmed reports that G8/Gazza could probably suffer from Terets Syndrome ( i think thats how its spelt ), does anybody have any info on this ?....

it is spelled.....Tourette's syndrome

Keen on gigging in the West Country, not visiting West Cumbria anytime soon. Shame, they look like our kind of act.

There are unconfirmed reports that G8/Gazza could probably suffer from Terets Syndrome ( i think thats how its spelt ), does anybody have any info on this ?....

it is spelled.....Tourette's syndrome

Is it F**k!

On the pop dangerously soon after his ulcer op.

Not sensible, looks a bit like a man in meltdown.

On the pop dangerously soon after his ulcer op.

Not sensible, looks a bit like a man in meltdown.

He's going down the "Best Bitter", George route, as I predicted. Pint Of Best

My guess he won't last as long as George, cos' he wasn't as good.

you are all a bunch of arseholes the man is a F*****g legend.

gascoignesized6yw.jpg

Nope, that in my book is a F*****g clown.

I was on the 2PM train from London to Aberdeen last Friday, and Gazza was at the next table with Jimmy "Five bellies" and some slapper. He was clearly the worse for wear even before the buffet car opened.

Highlights of the journey included:

Gazza and Jimmy discussing which was their favourite, Stella or Strongbow.

Jimmy asking the trolley dolly if they could use her ice bucket for their white wine and being amazed when they were told "No, I need it."

The ticket inspector telling Gazza to stop smoking in the guard's van. Twice.

The frequency and loudness of the swearing increasing in direct proportion to the amount of alcohol consumed.

Gazza being so pissed by arrival at Newcastle that on being woken, he didn't know who he was.

It was sad to see him in such a state. He spoke in the slow, slurred drawl of someone who is not just pissed but someone who has had the speech centres of their brain permanently affected. Yes, I can tell the difference between an alcoholic and a Geordie accent.

What awaits him now? Years of alcoholism and an inevitable decline, no doubt. He's bound to be a good bet for future years, given his dependency on the booze and friends like Jimmy, it's just a matter of time before disease or gross stupidity takes him off.

Shame.

Good spotting JMH, I think he'll survive into the next decade, but may well not survive his forties at this rate.

Good spotting JMH, I think he'll survive into the next decade, but may well not survive his forties at this rate.

The bloke's got suicide written all over him.

Not your conventional 'hang myself/slash my wrists/gas myself/' kinda suicide, but that kinda 'ooh, let's see if I can throw myself into total despair with another drink.'

I know, 'cos I can identify with the Geordie tosser.

Bet I die before him though...because he only drinks.

f*****g half pint, Gazza, get some drugs in yer system! Be a man!

Cheers,

BHB

I agree, going on what I've read about him.

Guest Guest
Boozing on his way to rehab!

One said: “He was stinking of drink and was clearly still leathered from the night before. His eyes were glazed and he was slurring his speech badly. He said he was terrified of flying so had to get drunk to get through it.”

Why does he need to fly all the way over there. Don't we have rehabs of our own? More to the point, does that mean he'll stay over there or will he be getting a boat back. If he needs alcohol to get on a flight and he's hoping to be clean before he comes back he's got himself into a bit of a Catch-22.

Cheers,

BHB

Thanks.

I recounted my tale to a couple of Newcastle fans, and despite shouts of "Buy him a drink," they were disappointed to hear he was once again on the sauce.

I note from the link to The Sun, (strangely reporting a story accurately) that Gazza hadn't changed his clothes from when I saw him on the train. Ugh.

Like MaryPortFunCity, I agree he has a few years left in him yet, but unless he can stop drinking, not too many.

I wonder if the liver transplant people will offer him one, following George Best's example?

Cheers,

BHB

Thanks.

I recounted my tale to a couple of Newcastle fans, and despite shouts of "Buy him a drink," they were disappointed to hear he was once again on the sauce.

I note from the link to The Sun, (strangely reporting a story accurately) that Gazza hadn't changed his clothes from when I saw him on the train. Ugh.

Like MaryPortFunCity, I agree he has a few years left in him yet, but unless he can stop drinking, not too many.

I wonder if the liver transplant people will offer him one, following George Best's example?

They should offer him George Best's example.

Gascoigne could be an outsider for future DL's.

His loveable Geordie persona is hiding a liver the size of a golf ball...

2009/2010, perhaps?

Promo for

he played in before he was thrown off a plane for being too drunk to fly back from Malta. One of the main sponsors is a chain of liquor stores.