IKYWN

Paul Gascoigne

gazza is always in the papers getting pissed (badly) i'd put my money on suicide.

Threads merged [HCW]

I'm pleased to report that Paul got up bright and early, did a couple of hours in the gym, then went home for a nutritious continental breakfast before heading out to several children's hospitals and a profitable day's charity work...

... as if.

You've got to give it to The Sun:

Eighteen years after England pal Gary Lineker famously comforted weeping Gazza in the World Cup, the contrast in their lives couldn’t be starker.

Clean-cut Lineker, 47, is engaged to La Senza sexbomb Danielle Bux after forging a lucrative career as the nation’s top TV soccer pundit and crisp salesman.

Meanwhile Gazza’s frantic pals fear his final crunch is looming ever closer.

gazza is always in the papers getting pissed (badly) i'd put my money on suicide.

In other news, the Pope has revealed that he is a Catholic, and later, amazing footage of a bear shitting in the woods.

Gazza was staying about 15mins up the road from where I was staying in Portugal.

I can therefore quite understand why he wished to end it all.

Im sure had he been accompanied by Lady FN, he would have been successful in his attempt, well he would have tried a f*****g damn sight harder!

Arrested in Gateshead. No confirmation yet of rumours he put his arm round one of the cops and said: 'If I were you son, I'd make Gazza your DDP joker next year.'

I would like to suggest that Paul Gascoigne should be included on the 2009 Deathlist. He meets the fame requirements, isn't suffering from a terminal disease, yet his rapidly deteriorating psychological and physical health coupled with his complete inability to kick drink and drugs, gives us real hope that he might come a cropper next year.

I would like to suggest that Paul Gascoigne should be included on the 2009 Deathlist. He meets the fame requirements, isn't suffering from a terminal disease, yet his rapidly deteriorating psychological and physical health coupled with his complete inability to kick drink and drugs, gives us real hope that he might come a cropper next year.

What? You would like Gazza to be included on the 2009 DL?

Consider this. Every male on this years list is that old ( bar Russell Watson ), their nuts have dropped low enough for them to tuck em into their socks.

Going by past queries as to why no younger picks have been added to lists, I doubt very much that Gazza will be considered, unless of course his health deteriorates to the very edge of life and death like Russell Watson.

In relative DL terms, still a bit of a long shot, but you never know.

Would you risk him in your DDP 2009 team, when you are likely to be defending your hard-earned title?

Would you risk him in your DDP 2009 team, when you are likely to be defending your hard-earned title?

As you must know by now TMIB, the DL and the DDP are chalk and cheese. I second the Gazza proposal and will continue to niggle at the committee members I know. Much good that will do. :blink:

As you must know by now TMIB, the DL and the DDP are chalk and cheese. I second the Gazza proposal and will continue to niggle at the committee members I know. Much good that will do. :blink:

V. True, Harry. There are 30 more spots available in the DL than in DDP, so he would represent much more of a 'risk' in that sense...

I suppose there can be room among the low hanging fruit and Clive Dunn...

Guest Guest

Rather a lot of rumours going round in the last few hours that, rather than kicked the ball, he's kicked the bucket. Anyone heard owt substantial?

Rather a lot of rumours going round in the last few hours that, rather than kicked the ball, he's kicked the bucket. Anyone heard owt substantial?

Can you provide a source for the rumours?

There's a thread on the Carlisle board about this but the hotel varies from Gateshead to Glasgow in different stories and one lengthy post with his step-daughter talking about him being gone for good is words taken out of context from an old article where she was promoting her own career with a long story about him no longer being the man he was.

Nowt on the BBC last time I looked. If they don't report it soon I'd say we can all calm down and make sure we snag him for DDP action in 2009.

As you must know by now TMIB, the DL and the DDP are chalk and cheese. I second the Gazza proposal and will continue to niggle at the committee members I know. Much good that will do. ;)

I think Gazza is doing his best to persuade the Deathlist to have him in their list for 2009, if this is anything to go by....

"A man drinks like that and he don't eat, he is gonna die"

Gazza is due to feature in a Channel 4 programme, to be screened on Monday night. His 12 year old son, Regan, has predicted his father will die soon from drink and drug abuse

'If I could wish, I would wish that he would go away from us,' says the boy.

'He's probably going to die soon. Everyone thinks he's Gazza, but because he's the top player doesn't mean he's a good dad or good person to be with, does it really?

'I don't think there's any point in helping him. He's my dad. He should have helped and seen me all those years. I don't want to waste all my tears on him. :unsure:

Gazza is due to feature in a Channel 4 programme, to be screened on Monday night. His 12 year old son, Regan, has predicted his father will die soon from drink and drug abuse

'If I could wish, I would wish that he would go away from us,' says the boy.

'He's probably going to die soon. Everyone thinks he's Gazza, but because he's the top player doesn't mean he's a good dad or good person to be with, does it really?

'I don't think there's any point in helping him. He's my dad. He should have helped and seen me all those years. I don't want to waste all my tears on him. :unsure:

As my granda said last night when he saw the advert, Gazza must be short of money...

He's not impressed with the documentary.

He looks in remarkably fine health in my opinion . Just because he likes a drink doesn't mean deaths door beckons . I like a drink.....and I expect to last months :unsure:

I think anyone who has picked Gazza is WAY wide of the mark .

He looks in remarkably fine health in my opinion . Just because he likes a drink doesn't mean deaths door beckons . I like a drink.....and I expect to last months :rolleyes:

I do agree with you somewhat, however I have picked him because he has tended in the recent past to have dips into twattish behaviour - and one of these could easily result in a sudden rush of points to my team.

He looks in remarkably fine health in my opinion . Just because he likes a drink doesn't mean deaths door beckons . I like a drink.....and I expect to last months :rolleyes:

I do agree with you somewhat, however I have picked him because he has tended in the recent past to have dips into twattish behaviour - and one of these could easily result in a sudden rush of points to my team.

I agree he is a big scorer potentially...but I just think he is a too risky pick (a bit like Amy WhineWarehouse)

I hear the Israelis are bombing the sh*t out of him...

Its "SHIITE".

Either way, top car crash TV tomorrow on Channel four. Doubtless several of us will be tuning in. Despite the recent news reports of him back in training and attempting to get his life back on track I can't help thinking his mental health problems will make staying focussed and off the pop a very hard challenge.