IKYWN

Paul Gascoigne

Interesting timing for a show called "Surviving Gazza". The average Palestinian probably has a better life expectancy. Debatable who gets bombed more often. He was extensively discussed for DL '09, just missed by the length of a footie stud.

I'm with Lardy on this one, he's on my DDP team and I think his mental issues are strong enough to endanger him in several ways. Suicidal sometimes, reckless most of the time, and the drink and drugs could be costly, not to mention the obsessive compulsion that might lead him to do something daft like drive over the same level crossing twice before going on his way.

Long shot for sure, but it wouldn't be a total surprise if he died this year.

Given the 3.1 million sales per day and estimated 8 million daily readers of The Sun, I can't be the only one availing himself of this weeks' extensive coverage of a healthy, alcohol free and surprisingly chipper Gazza. You've got to give the man full respect for a level of recovery and - apparent - insight into his problems that many of us thought beyond him.

I just wish he'd done it six months earlier and spared the mixed feelings for those of us picking him on a deadpool or two this year.

WTF???

"Troubled Paul Gascoigne is tackling his booze problems by freezing his body to –125C. The football legend has left rehab and is using a radical new treatment called cryotherapy."

Cryotherapy sound like Grade A+ Bull Sh1t to me.

Why do people try crack pot treatments that are not scientifically tested ? I mean that's why god gave us lab rats and beagles !

Razor

that's why god gave us lab rats and beagles !

Fair point, but why waste creatures as intelligent as them when Gazza's willing to give it a go?

Cryotherapy sound like Grade A+ Bull Sh1t to me.

Why do people try crack pot treatments that are not scientifically tested ? I mean that's why god gave us lab rats and beagles !

Razor

_918902_gazza_crying_150.jpg

Cry-otherapy? Someone's taking the piss here, surely?

***WARNING SERIOUS POST***

If its the therapy im thinking of then it could actually work.

A very similar treatment is offered by a Doctor in Russia for Heroin addicts.

There was a mini TV documentary on it a good while back.

Apparently, the success rate is astonishing but it is a risky procedure.

The whole idea is to get the body temperature down to a certain level which will both cleanse the body and kill off any desire for the drug.

Laugh if you must but this story does appear to have some degree of scientific basis.

If its the therapy im thinking of then it could actually work.

A very similar treatment is offered by a Doctor in Russia for Heroin addicts.

There was a mini TV documentary on it a good while back.

Apparently, the success rate is astonishing but it is a risky procedure.

The whole idea is to get the body temperature down to a certain level which will both cleanse the body and kill off any desire for the drug.

Laugh if you must but this story does appear to have some degree of scientific basis.

And Vodka is always best served out of the freezer so perhaps he should take a bottle in with him. In case it doesn't work there's the fallback plan.

It's all mixed news. You've got to give respect to Gazza and those at the Tony Adams' place who helped sort him out. Then again, that compromised heart and his desperately serious addictions could return when he's furthest from help, and the downward spiral would be rapid.

Fair play to the man though, I didn't think he'd pull it off to this degree.

It's all mixed news. You've got to give respect to Gazza and those at the Tony Adams' place who helped sort him out. Then again, that compromised heart and his desperately serious addictions could return when he's furthest from help, and the downward spiral would be rapid.

Fair play to the man though, I didn't think he'd pull it off to this degree.

I reckon he's just been de-toxing in preparation for St Patrick's Day. :rolleyes:

I think he looks quite fit now. As in fit. As in 'I would'.

You would...

You would...

I certainly wouldn't

Gazza was on MOTD2 tonight, looking pretty well (if a little ravaged) and claiming to be four months sober. A lot less chubby than in his later playing days, too. Adrian Chiles was enthusing about his washboard stomach, which rather put me off my cornflakes.

Gazza was on MOTD2 tonight, looking pretty well (if a little ravaged) and claiming to be four months sober. A lot less chubby than in his later playing days, too. Adrian Chiles was enthusing about his washboard stomach, which rather put me off my cornflakes.

Even managed a match at the weekend

Gascoigne, who has been battling an addiction to alcohol and drugs, was said to look fit and happy during the match.

All in a good cause, solidarity in administration and all that. Rumours are that Chester are considering it too H, bloody recession.

Although it's slightly ironic he is supporting a team nicknamed the Quakers. Have you ever tried to obtain alcohol in a place like Bourneville? Oh well let's raise a glass to Gazza and to Temperance.

Although it's slightly ironic he is supporting a team nicknamed the Quakers. Have you ever tried to obtain alcohol in a place like Bourneville? Oh well let's raise a glass to Gazza and to Temperance.

I'm sure he's more fixated on Quakers well-known association with "Oats", rather than their temperance.

If he's beginnig to sober up, perhaps he's starting to get feeling back in his extremeties.

Boy will be boys...... :unsure:

At last, some cheer for those of us looking at his name on our deadpool lists.

He's helping Sir Bobby's charity and he's even.........gasp........written a poem for Sir Bobby.

Link

Front page of yesterday's Sun finally had the story we Gazza watchers have been expecting, downing pints like they were water, thin and frail from lack of food and rambling incoherently about playing for England again. I mean, we've already qualified, what harm would it do?