IKYWN

Paul Gascoigne

Anyone got any news yet on what class A drug Gazza is being done for - got an idea he has been at the coke before - if different this time it may point to a more perilous position.

I have no idea, but I had a look at the Wikipedia list of Class A drugs. It seems to me the relevant substances are:

• Cocaine
  • Heroin
  • LSD
  • Methamphetamine
  • Ecstasy

Heroin doesn't seem to fit well with Gazza. He's a boozer and alcohol and smack don't mix well. Crystal meth isn't very popular in Europe. LSD is possible, but hard to find these days. My guess is coke or XTC as an outside bet.

regards,

Hein

Cocaine, according to the Horror.

So a bloke with a mental age of nine and a grasp on reality that makes Ariel Sharon look coherent is taking a drug that turns normal folks into meglamaniacs........no wonder the thought he could manage Garforth Town to glory!

Today's red-tops reporting an incohertly drunk Gazza was ejected from a hotel having left a room smeared with curry and vomit on the walls and stubbed out cigarettes on his bed sheets. Incinerated in his own bed adds another possibility to the menu of possible Gazza deaths, though I have a hunch that jailing him might allow him to do a David Crosby for a while and clean up his act whilst inside.

The Sun

Luvverly pictures in The Sun today of Gazza spewing up out of an MG sports car in the middle lane of the M1 during a traffic jam. His manager was driving, though you've got to wonder exactly how he was 'managing' our man at that moment.

Luvverly pictures in The Sun today of Gazza spewing up out of an MG sports car in the middle lane of the M1 during a traffic jam. His manager was driving, though you've got to wonder exactly how he was 'managing' our man at that moment.

And here is the picture if anyone is interested

Gazza Barf

SNN1113Z-682er_1161646a.jpg

Edited by honez
Pic inserted

Gazza Barf

Shame it wasn't windy like today. Would have been much more explosive. Even better if the snoop taking the photo got a splatter... 3D style

Gazza Barf

Shame it wasn't windy like today. Would have been much more explosive. Even better if the snoop taking the photo got a splatter... 3D style

In that link it was mentioned that Gazza would give up the booze for a chance to be an actor - he must have been pissed out of his mind when he made that declaration! :lol:

Classy vehicle.

Defunct Car, Defunct Footballer. I guess it's fitting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-11954284

Cut and paste...

Former footballer Paul Gascoigne has been given a suspended prison sentence after he admitted drinking and driving. The 43-year-old Tyneside-born former England midfielder was stopped by police in Newcastle on 8 October. The city's magistrates' court was told that Gascoigne was more than four times the legal alcohol limit. He was handed an eight-week sentence, suspended for a year, and banned from driving for three years. He was also given an alcohol treatment order.

The court was told Gascoigne was five weeks into a 12-week anti-drink programme in Dorset. Gascoigne, who played top flight football for Newcastle, Tottenham, Lazio, Rangers, Everton and Middlesbrough in a career spanning nearly 20 years, also attends Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous meetings. His solicitor Stephen Andrews said: "The talk now is of an extensive and elongated period of support while not actually under the roof of the Providence Project, but certainly within easy reach, given the continued support they would propose to offer. "Previously, it has been on his terms. He's gone in, he has used it as he saw fit and of course relapsed because he has not done the full programme.

"This time it has been on their terms." District Judge Stephen Earl said he believed a 12-week sentence, with a third off as credit for a guilty plea, was appropriate. He said the sentence was suspended in recognition of Gascoigne's progress in the treatment programme. He warned the former footballer that if he re-offended in the next 12 months, the jail term would be triggered. District Judge Earl added: "I hope not to see you again." Gascoigne made no comment when he left court, but Mr Andrews said he was relieved and that it was a "good result".

Outside the court well-wishers shouted, "Toon Army never surrenders", and he signed autographs for fans. Paul Gascoigne's car had to be pushed out of the snow. He then got into his lawyer's car which became stuck in heavy snow in the car park behind the court. The vehicle - which sported a Manchester City pendant on the passenger window - was pushed free by members of the press. Gascoigne is also due to be tried on a separate charge of drinking and driving, which he denies. He is accused of driving a Ford Transit van while more than four times the legal alcohol limit on 7 February at Leeming Bar, in North Yorkshire.

The main thing for me is Gazza will lose a lot of his value next year if he re-offends and is banged up.

1. Much more trouble to top yourself inside.

2. With a driving ban his risk factors such as death by driving accident fall like a rock.

At least he can now get plastered every day now for the next three years and just call a taxi.

Aye, you're right Ali. I had high hopes for Gazza, given the tonnage of possible exit routes. He'd be a longer odds punt now and I may retire him from his current position in the starting line up for my DDP team. Still think he could go suddenly mind, possibly in the aftermath of a massive fall from the wagon as he exits rehab.

Heading out on a national theatre tour with Greavsie...form studying opportunities and a mirthful night of fond remembering too. Could it get any better?

Interview with Gazza here.

I haven't read it all (got to go to work) but it would appear he's got his life back on track, at least for the time being.

I did read the lot, interesting. As clear and sane as he's been in living memory, though the relationship with his family is still clearly a problem and he's holding it together largely because he's within easy striking distance of the help that's got him away from drink. Still struggling to see Gazza making it to a bus pass.

We've gone a very long time with Gazza action but the front page of today's soaraway Sun...all day binge, slaughtered and slurring, ensures he'll be back on our radar for a while.

Frankly, not good, the man's on a self-desctructive spiral despite the tonnage of help and support he's had.

We've gone a very long time with Gazza action but the front page of today's soaraway Sun...all day binge, slaughtered and slurring, ensures he'll be back on our radar for a while.

Frankly, not good, the man's on a self-desctructive spiral despite the tonnage of help and support he's had.

He won't ever change . Either he will die soon because of an accident due to drinking or the drink will catch up with him like it did to best.

More so I'd say. Best restricted his over-indulgence to drinking and partying. Gazza is a veritable walking smorgasboard of reckless endangerment, or summat. Any number of ways he could go!

Yeah, hurry up the drinking Gazza.... I need strike 3 on my pokey little list for 2012.

Thanks

Top gag from Frankie Boyle's Sun column today; Gazza is back at Rangers next year. the club will pay a fee to the man making this deal possible. The man isn't Gazza's agent; he's a giant American Indian who'll ensure Gazza's availability by throwing a water cooler through a big window at the asylum!

• Like 1

Papers leading with "Gazza on the way out" stories today based on his appearance at a charity event in Northampton the other day, the second most shambolic thing Sixfields has seen this season behind Clarke Carlisle's defending.

Here's a light-hearted story from elsewhere:

Unfortunately this is a very sad but very true account of a dinner I attended last night with Paul. It was a fundraising event for Northampton Town and a breast cancer charity and friends of mine had a table. I decided to drive down from aberdeen yesterday and tie it in with the weekend in Newcastle I have planned for the game on Saturday. After what I saw last night, I really wish I hadn't.

There was about 500 in attendance at the dinner and worryingly, minutes after everyone took our seats the compare for the evening introduced himself and announced the plan for the evening, dinner, raffle, auction, Gazza speaking followed by a Q and A and then the comedian.

We began eating and between the starter and main the compare took to the stage again and told us that unfortunately Gazza was very ill. He had taken a funny turn which isn't uncommon due to the medication he takes and he should really be in hospital, not speaking at a dinner but he has insisted on appearing as its a charity event and be will go to hospital immediately afterwards. He asked us all to be understanding towards Gazza and be patient when he appears.

Following the main course it was announced that Gazza was extremely ill so he would be coming out now and speaking so be could get to hospital as soon as her finished and we would get desert once he'd finished.

Gazzas agent then took to the stage and told us Gazza had had 2 pints earlier and taken a funny turn so he would answer a few questions then go straight to hospital. He reiterated Gazza had only had 2 pints and what we were about was not what it looked like so please be patient and remember Gazza for the good times he gave us, not for how he looks today. (It was like a funeral speech to be honest before he'd even come out)

Gazza was then aided onto stage by 2 bouncers. When I say aided, there was no way at all he could walk unaided. He was sat on a sofa on the stage and given a microphone. His agent asked him who the best player he's ever played with was and Gazza said 'Brian Robson. But he's a c.nt. They're all c.nts. You're all c.nts.'

His agent apologized to everyone and then Gazza apologized as well. He said as be started crying 'I'm sorry, 3 days on the whisky, I'm sorry.'

He was shaking uncontrollably for the 5 minutes he was on the stage. It was like a very serious case of Parkinson's. He broke down 3 times in the 5 minutes or so he was on stage apologizing and saying this time he'll get better. Between apologies he struggled to answer questions and just told us that other people were c.nts.

It was horrible seeing my hero who I drove for 7 hours yesterday to see in that condition. There was a lump in everyone's throat when he left the stage. The room really did have the atmosphere of a funeral and the concensus was certainly that he does not have long left.

Jesus, Spade, if that's what you consider 'light hearted' i'd hate you to tell me a sad story!

Anyway, he's on my list so i sort of hope he croaks but he MUST be replaced by a minor celebrity of equal or greater 'character' to assist the police with hostage situations.

Jesus, Spade, if that's what you consider 'light hearted' i'd hate you to tell me a sad story!

Anyway, he's on my list so i sort of hope he croaks but he MUST be replaced by a minor celebrity of equal or greater 'character' to assist the police with hostage situations.

I hope he doesnt.

He got royally fucked over by his Ex wife, slagged off by his step daughter who STILL uses his surname to "get on" and all he ever wanted was to play football. He is a child in a mans body and he has been shat on left right and centre by people that should have known better.

• Like 1

Fucked over by his ex-wife because he was just about the world's worst husband, slagged off by his step-daughter for same and currently ignoring all advice given to him by continuing to drink himself into an early grave despite some very obvious health problems.

IMO, he shat on himself and as he's not currently mental enough to be sectioned he has only himself to blame.

Even when he was playing he was a liability.

I will agree that his daughter is a disgrace. A friend of mine once bumped into Danny Dyer in a pub and asked a passing girl if she'd take a photo. She misheard and thought he'd asked for a photo with her, so started posing and pouting like a tart. It was apparently quite embarrasssing as he went on to explain that he actually just wanted her to take a photo of him and Danny as he had no idea who she was. As you have probably guessed, that girl was Bianca Gascoigne.

Next month they got Muhammad Ali doing an after dinner speech

OK, he's going on my DDP team for next year. Was tempted for this year as shown by his inclusion in my shadow list as he didn't look great in those England adverts in the summer. But he's clearly beyond the point of saving now. Going downhill faster than Best, and in different areas too