IKYWN

Paul Gascoigne

Whilst I wouldn't blame someone for not recognising him, buying alcohol for someone with an alcohol banning order blatantly asking you to go in for him is beyond stupid.

Sadly, looks is definitely a keeper for next year, if he makes it that far. Comment on the sum articles sum up my feelings

And then he'll have the mother of all turn outs at his funeral, hundreds of "close friends/family" they should be there for him NOW!

2 day bender alone, where are his friends? If it was any one of my pals, I'd have hunted them down - or better still, I wouldn't be leaving them in such a fragile state after they'd just buried their nephew, knowing full well it's enough to send them back on the drink. His inner circle, family, agents, best friends could have prevented this from happening.

I understand that friends/family eventually can't be there for an alcoholics every last faulty day but when he's just put to rest a close nephew you think someone would check up on him?

Whilst I wouldn't blame someone for not recognising him, buying alcohol for someone with an alcohol banning order blatantly asking you to go in for him is beyond stupid.

Sadly, looks is definitely a keeper for next year, if he makes it that far. Comment on the sum articles sum up my feelings

And then he'll have the mother of all turn outs at his funeral, hundreds of "close friends/family" they should be there for him NOW!

2 day bender alone, where are his friends? If it was any one of my pals, I'd have hunted them down - or better still, I wouldn't be leaving them in such a fragile state after they'd just buried their nephew, knowing full well it's enough to send them back on the drink. His inner circle, family, agents, best friends could have prevented this from happening.

I understand that friends/family eventually can't be there for an alcoholics every last faulty day but when he's just put to rest a close nephew you think someone would check up on him?

I reckon they probably did and he refused help.He seems quite stubborn and is good at shutting people out.Probably because of his fragile state of mind.I cant see him turning a corner now.

I have a feeling 2016 could be a big year for England Footballer deaths.I mean Gazza and Sansom are drinking themselves into oblivion and most of the 66 squad are in bad shape as well as Greavsie.

I have a feeling 2016 could be a big year for England Footballer deaths.I mean Gazza and Sansom are drinking themselves into oblivion and most of the 66 squad are in bad shape as well as Greavsie.

So, a dilligent dead pooler could keep a dream XI list on the go; we're looking for a team of stiffs who - in their prime - would have been a match for anyone. We've got Cruiyff already. What are our best chances of snagging a decent goalie?

So, a dilligent dead pooler could keep a dream XI list on the go; we're looking for a team of stiffs who - in their prime - would have been a match for anyone. We've got Cruiyff already. What are our best chances of snagging a decent goalie?

Banksie could still have to have a kidney replacement which at his age is really dodgy but he only has one eye so I think the players on the other team would take advantage of that.

Bob Wilson had treatment for prostate cancer back in 2014, he is 74 now and, IIRC, nobody has heard much from him/about him since?

Bob Wilson had treatment for prostate cancer back in 2014, he is 74 now and, IIRC, nobody has heard much from him/about him since?
no and I doubt he is in danger as prostate cancer takes years to kill a person.

Aye, and that rarity a good "Scottish" goalie from an era when they were famous for shite ones.

• Like 1

Gazza to be charged with racially aggravated abuse following one of his shows after a joke made about a black security guard. Yet more stress.

It would be stressful if he could stay sober long enough to understand the implications

For his own good he needs to be locked up it is almost criminal that this child has not been taken into care. So many people have ignored his state but will come out of the woodwork when he falls. So much for a caring society.

Carlsberg - Probably the fastest route to dishevelment in the world

Heineken - Reveals the parts other beers don't reveal

Guinness - Is good for you us. You? not so much

Bells - Afore ye go (to that wooden box)

I bet he drinks Carling Black Label

that's enough advertising slogans - ed.

• Like 1

I'm just amazed he managed to say sober enough to shave he's legs

He surely can't go on like this , I can see him dying soon. If chyna can die at 46 (and her diet apart from the prescription pills and alcohol was good ) then Paul Gascoigne is at deaths door.

• Like 1

My money's on an unnatural death as a result of being pissed. Falls over and hits his head once too often, that sort of thing.

My money's on an unnatural death as a result of being pissed. Falls over and hits his head once too often, that sort of thing.

Would acute alcohol poisoning count as an unnatural death in his case? I guess it'd be classified legally as death by misadventure like other substance abuse cases.

Of course, the sort of healthy skin colour he had on that awful Sun photo indicates that his liver must still be functioning (somewhat), and his body has also (sort of) adapted to his drinking habits, so it could still take a few years. Unless he finds professional help...

He looks a lot closer to sixty than fifty.

Aye, and that rarity a good "Scottish" goalie from an era when they were famous for shite ones.

How about gazzas old teammate Andy Goram? Now a bloated alki, taken to ripping off fans for a few hundred quid now and then.

He'd make the squad.

I agree with Toast.A fall one of these days could prove fatal for old Gazza.Clearly hitting his head a lot.Always said I wouldn`t be surprised if he topped himself.Didn`t he once so that he wanted to die in some ways as it would mean an end to the suffering?

I agree with Toast.A fall one of these days could prove fatal for old Gazza.Clearly hitting his head a lot.Always said I wouldn`t be surprised if he topped himself.Didn`t he once so that he wanted to die in some ways as it would mean an end to the suffering?

He did indeed, mind he's said loads of things that didn't turn into lasting commitments - like the fact he wanted to be known as G8

Then there's the traditionally popular choking-on-vomit exit. Death by kebab.