IKYWN

Paul Gascoigne

One possible exit we haven't debated for Gazza is that someone will take a swing at him and his alcohol addled brain will spring a leak of blood. A serious possibility given the capacity he apparently has whilst drunk for casual insults, including racism, and - allegedly - getting his cock out

One possible exit we haven't debated for Gazza is that someone will take a swing at him and his alcohol addled brain will spring a leak of blood. A serious possibility given the capacity he apparently has whilst drunk for casual insults, including racism, and - allegedly - getting his cock out

Nowt alleged about it.

gazza.jpg

How has he not had liver failure yet????

Even everyday heavy drinkers have only around a 1 in 3 chance of developing chronic liver failure.

Even everyday heavy drinkers have only around a 1 in 3 chance of developing chronic liver failure.

Yeah but Gazza is at the extreme level of alcoholism.

This is why I don't trust drug addicts on deathlist. They are unpredictable.

Hard to call of course but I'd lay money his age on death will be younger than that of George Best.

So he's gone well within 12 years.

That, and he's still not old at 49. (He looks a wee bit older than that, thanks to his drinking habits.) So he has plenty of time to develop 7 different types of cancer* (including hepatic cancer) or just chronic liver failure.

* http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/causes-of-cancer/alcohol-and-cancer/how-alcohol-causes-cancer

Hard to call of course but I'd lay money his age on death will be younger than that of George Best.

That's my problem with picking him in a deadpool (or with the Committet picking him). Yes, I believe he will die because of his addicition and he won't reach the age of 60, but that's still a long way to go. Basically a chance of 1/12th or so, though a death in the late 50s is much more likely than a death at 50. So what's the probability of his dath in 2017? Maybe 5%.

That's my problem with picking him in a deadpool (or with the Committet picking him). Yes, I believe he will die because of his addicition and he won't reach the age of 60, but that's still a long way to go. Basically a chance of 1/12th or so, though a death in the late 50s is much more likely than a death at 50. So what's the probability of his dath in 2017? Maybe 5%.

He'll die when Colin Hendry sneaks up on him and punches his lights out for skinning him in that legendary goal against Scotland.

He could be considered a long term investment

After the last relapse, he checked himself into rehab. Now he is ok, turns into Jon Voight and has a message to support cancer kid Bradley Lowery:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2428458/paul-gascoigne-christmas-video-message/

More to the point, he's likely to see 2017 himself before the next major relapse

He's a complete f uck up to be sure but I think he's still a long shot for now. He hasn't got sick enough for a liver transplant yet, which you have to assume he'd get and then squander a la George Best

the only time I personally encountered Gazza was when he as appointed manager of Kettering Town some years ago. One of his first away games was at the team I happen to support. A few of us happened to be in the car park when the team coach arrived so we hung around for a few minutes hoping to get a glimpse of a footballing icon.

Gazza proceeded to fall down the steps of the coach as he attempted to exit. At that moment an illusion was shattered and there was a realisation that Kettering would be looking for a new manager in the not too distant future.

• Like 1

the only time I personally encountered Gazza was when he as appointed manager of Kettering Town some years ago. One of his first away games was at the team I happen to support. A few of us happened to be in the car park when the team coach arrived so we hung around for a few minutes hoping to get a glimpse of a footballing icon.

Gazza proceeded to fall down the steps of the coach as he attempted to exit. At that moment an illusion was shattered and there was a realisation that Kettering would be looking for a new manager in the not too distant future.

Slapstick comedy could have been a viable option

Nowt alleged about it.

gazza.jpg

Dicks out for harambe.

• Like 1

Seriously there is only so many more times he can do this before it kills him. look at Amy winehouse in the end one drink too many and she was 22 years younger than gazza. He is on borrowed time.

I hope the DL committee keep him on!

• Like 1

I hope the DL committee keep him on!

I don't he is a terrible pick. We need room for more actually sick people.
  • Like 2

Seriously there is only so many more times he can do this before it kills him. look at Amy winehouse in the end one drink too many and she was 22 years younger than gazza. He is on borrowed time.

Yes, but she wasn't a professional athlete

He's a complete f uck up to be sure but I think he's still a long shot for now. He hasn't got sick enough for a liver transplant yet, which you have to assume he'd get and then squander a la George Best

He's a long shot only if you assume he'd go down the George Best route, with liver failure/transplants etc.

But there are a few other options: One of these drunken rages could seal his fate: what if he (or someone else) hits his head a little harder? What if he chokes on his own vomit? Acute alcohol poisoning or a simple heart attack (his heart being weakened by years of abuse) are also not out of the question.

• Like 1

He's a long shot only if you assume he'd go down the George Best route, with liver failure/transplants etc.

But there are a few other options: One of these drunken rages could seal his fate: what if he (or someone else) hits his head a little harder? What if he chokes on his own vomit? Acute alcohol poisoning or a simple heart attack (his heart being weakened by years of abuse) are also not out of the question.

Also strokes a drug overdose or suicide are a real possibility in his case.

• Like 1