IKYWN

Paul Gascoigne

Seriously there is only so many more times he can do this before it kills him. look at Amy winehouse in the end one drink too many and she was 22 years younger than gazza. He is on borrowed time.

Yes, but she wasn't a professional athlete

Well she could take drugs for England.

• Like 2

He's a complete f uck up to be sure but I think he's still a long shot for now. He hasn't got sick enough for a liver transplant yet, which you have to assume he'd get and then squander a la George Best

He's a long shot only if you assume he'd go down the George Best route, with liver failure/transplants etc.

But there are a few other options: One of these drunken rages could seal his fate: what if he (or someone else) hits his head a little harder? What if he chokes on his own vomit? Acute alcohol poisoning or a simple heart attack (his heart being weakened by years of abuse) are also not out of the question.

Too many 'what if's for my liking

I hate to say it but he'd be better off dead than behaving like this. He's probably headed for jail now

Re the discussion above - there's every reason to keep Gazza on the DL IMHO. Apart from owt else his ability to have accidents, offend people etc. opens up loads of possible exit routes. That fall downstairs being reported this week - for example - is all the more dangerous for a serious drinker like him.

I hate to say it but he'd be better off dead than behaving like this. He's probably headed for jail now

Re the discussion above - there's every reason to keep Gazza on the DL IMHO. Apart from owt else his ability to have accidents, offend people etc. opens up loads of possible exit routes. That fall downstairs being reported this week - for example - is all the more dangerous for a serious drinker like him.

It was the same with George Best (and my Brother). Unfortunately its down to the individual, there's always a pusher (or a corner shop selling cheap vodka) somewhere.

It was the same with George Best (and my Brother). Unfortunately its down to the individual, there's always a pusher (or a corner shop selling cheap vodka) somewhere.

Except they're breaking the law because:

It is illegal to knowingly sell alcohol, or attempt to sell alcohol, to a person who is drunk. It is also illegal to allow alcohol to be sold to someone who is drunk.
Those who could face prosecution include:
Anyone who sells alcohol at the premises
The premises licence holder and premises supervisor
Any member or officer of a members club who could have stopped the sale
The premises user where there is a temporary events notice
It is also an offence for a person to knowingly get, or try to get, alcohol for a drunken person on a licensed premises.
Breaking the law could result in a fine of up to £1,000. If the convicted person is a personal licence holder, they could lose their licence.

Kelvin McKenzie in today's soaraway Sun expresses the opinion that Gazza won't live to be as old as George Michael

He's staying in the DL 50, right?

Kelvin McKenzie in today's soaraway Sun expresses the opinion that Gazza won't live to be as old as George Michael

He's staying in the DL 50, right?

He really should.This guy has been playing with fire for years.I was in a pub last night and asked which celebrities were going to die next year and the first name mentioned was Gazza.I don`t reckon he will last too much longer.

Unless he begins to suffer organ failure in the next two days, he'll be a bad pick next year.

• Like 1

Unless he begins to suffer organ failure in the next two days, he'll be a bad pick next year.

I don`t think the main risk for him is organ failure more suicide an accident or choking on his own vomit.Alcohol poisoning is probably the most likely to finish him off.

• Like 1

Aye, but it could happen today or in 15 years, and keeping one person on the list all that time waiting for a fatal accident is a bit ghoulish. There'll be better candidates.

• Like 1

I think Kenny Sansom is more likely to be frank.

Gazza'll live to 70 and surprise everybody.

Kenny Sansom is a very strong candidate for 2017 also.

Good to see you back Deathray.

Seriously there is only so many more times he can do this before it kills him. look at Amy winehouse in the end one drink too many and she was 22 years younger than gazza. He is on borrowed time.

Gazaa doesn't look like one in that picture

It is going to be interesting to see which footballers make the DL as there are quite a few serious contenders around and many are household names.

Gazaa doesn't look like one in that picture

He looks like he has escaped from one of Gunther Von Hagans exhibitions.

• Like 3

It is going to be interesting to see which footballers make the DL as there are quite a few serious contenders around and many are household names.

There may well be quite impressive squads of players as DDP theme teams. Looking at them now and recalling their greatest days will make for some bittersweet dead pooling.

Hoping for a debut for Ian St John.

• Like 1

1. Gazza
  2. Kenny Sansom
  3. Nobby Stiles
  4. Gordon Banks
  5. Fernado Ricksen
  6. Ivan Klasnic
  7. Ian St John

I'd class the above as the cream of the crop if you wanting to pick a footballer for the DL. I'm sure there's a few more but don't have the time to do the research.

• Like 1

Kenny Sansom is a very strong candidate for 2017 also.

Good to see you back Deathray.

So who's Deathers?

1. Gazza
  2. Kenny Sansom
  3. Nobby Stiles
  4. Gordon Banks
  5. Fernado Ricksen
  6. Ivan Klasnic
  7. Ian St John

I'd class the above as the cream of the crop if you wanting to pick a footballer for the DL. I'm sure there's a few more but don't have the time to do the research.

Any of the 9 living players who won the 1966 world cup final would be death list worthy.

Aye, but it could happen today or in 15 years, and keeping one person on the list all that time waiting for a fatal accident is a bit ghoulish. There'll be better candidates.

This whole website and the concept of deathlist many people would deem ghoulish!

This whole website and the concept of deathlist many people would deem ghoulish!

I'd say Gazza is so consistently reckless that he's a keeper. More so than George Best and his functional ilk.

• Like 3

I'd say Gazza is so consistently reckless that he's a keeper. More so than George Best and his functional ilk.

I think you'll find he was attacking midfield.
  • Like 3