IKYWN

Paul Gascoigne

20 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

AFAIK 'Baby' Lineker was never on the list, the list never has children on it?

35th in 93.

Also had it in my mind that Red Rum got picked, but double checked and it must have been a dream or something - which sounds even sadder tbh. :D

14 minutes ago, msc said:

35th in 93.

Also had it in my mind that Red Rum got picked, but double checked and it must have been a dream or something - which sounds even sadder tbh. :D

27th in 1992, along with Bette Davis who was already dead. When they were choosing the names that year they must have either been in denial about her death or just really, really pished. Probably the latter.

4 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

27th in 1992, along with Bette Davis who was already dead. When they were choosing the names that year they must have either been in denial about her death or just really, really pished. Probably the latter.

Did lead to this, though:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JR976evil said:

So what else is new! 

Surprised it has been so long to be honest though I think the real question is who will go first Diego Maradona or Paul Gascoigne will go for Maradona in fact it will be interesting to see how he is tomorrow at the France vs Argentina game or if he will be there at all after the way he was at the last game.

1 hour ago, Fergie86 said:

Surprised it has been so long to be honest though I think the real question is who will go first Diego Maradona or Paul Gascoigne will go for Maradona in fact it will be interesting to see how he is tomorrow at the France vs Argentina game or if he will be there at all after the way he was at the last game.

Maradona is entitled to have a few watching his home nation play in the cup surely, doesn’t sound like he’s anywhere near as bad as he was a few years back. Gazza on the other hand is like George Best in his later years, on a downward spiral and don’t seem to care 

He might drink himself to death if this generation of english players do what he couldn't(win the world cup)

14 minutes ago, WoukThisWay said:

He might drink himself to death if this generation of english players do what he couldn't(win the world cup)

Hmm - dunno; he's not notably malicious or bitter and twisted. His drinking and general demons are more to do with obvious mental health problems. If anything, he'd be one of the previous nearly-men who'd wish the winners well and actually mean it. Dunno how - say - David Beckham, Frank Lampard, David Seaman or one or two other stalwarts of Golden Generation failures would feel. If we do achieve the near-impossible the tell tale sign would be anyone of the past stars passing derogatory comments about the quality of the opposition beaten on the way to victory in 2018.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WoukThisWay said:

Seems he’s gonna regardless 

40 minutes ago, JR976evil said:

Seems he’s gonna regardless 

His binges are so heavy and so long-standing that "wet-brain" is a possibility and in those circumstances the "regardless" would be a given. He doesn't appear to be there yet and if he was the tabloids would doubtless be on it.  

15 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

He managed to climb the 42 feet wall at the indoor climbing facility at the Beaumont Way Sports Complex in Leicester.

Paul Gascoigne having fun on a climbing wall in Leicester

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/fit-tanned-gazza-climbs-new-1845179

Notice he's on the one with a dozen different routes on it, not the single route one to the right of shot...

27 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Notice he's on the one with a dozen different routes on it, not the single route one to the right of shot...

Whichever one he's on he did better than I could have done. Put me on your lists. :D

1 minute ago, Cat O'Falk said:

Whichever one he's on he did better than I could have done. Put me on your lists. :D

Scratched that just noticed the purple holds on the one to right so there's two routes on that back one.

The one Gazza has at least 6 routes on the wall he could use other than the one he's actually climbing, definitely a safety consideration going on with that planning.

2_DSC_5457-1.jpg

• Haha 4

Starting to look like Ed Harris. Gascoigne for geordie robocop! Dead or alive you're coming with me to fish and eat KFC.

So pissed many 'sleeping tablets' on Soccer AM that the producers had to throw him off he had to cut his appearance short.

5 hours ago, Thatcher said:

So pissed many 'sleeping tablets' on Soccer AM that the producers had to throw him off he had to cut his appearance short.

I'm shocked!

I had no idea they were still transmitting Soccer AM

It has been utter wank for years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder if he used his fishing rod to touch her.

The cost of the tickets for this might cover a legal bill or two.

lyddDjX.jpg

1 hour ago, charon said:

The cost of the tickets for this might cover a legal bill or two.

lyddDjX.jpg

Wonder if those friends include the surviving members of Raoul Moat's merry little band of outlaws

• Haha 1