IKYWN

Paul Gascoigne

28 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Re the posts above - I think by current celeb standards we should also note Gazza isn't rich (though he's likely able to access more readies than most of us hereabouts).

In other words, the court accepted however misguided Gazza's actions they weren't malicious. Gazza means well at the time, right:

Yeah - sadly that was his second red card offence in that game (and he never even got booked for either) - the kick in the chest following through on Parker was a shocker and had he received the red card he deserved then maybe history and current reality might be different (not sure though he was always a bit hyper). 

EDIT: Ahh you've edited in the Parker tackle - total shocker and totally blatant - how did he not even get booked?

44 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Yeah - sadly that was his second red card offence in that game (and he never even got booked for either) - the kick in the chest following through on Parker was a shocker and had he received the red card he deserved then maybe history and current reality might be different (not sure though he was always a bit hyper). 

EDIT: Ahh you've edited in the Parker tackle - total shocker and totally blatant - how did he not even get booked?

He was utterly bat shit crazy in that game.

The tackles were terrible BUT they were not made to take the players out, he was just running around like a kid who found the key to the sweet shop, went in and locked the door behind him.

When you look back on his football career it is hardly surprising that he has ended up a sad wretch of a man, consumed by alcoholism and mental health issues.

I do not condone his actions on that train but I do understand that he would have been primed and ready to do something as fucking stupid as that.

Stupidity is no defence though, is it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

The tackles were terrible BUT they were not made to take the players out, he was just running around like a kid who found the key to the sweet shop, went in and locked the door behind him.

I know what you mean but the leg extension into Parker does look like he meant to take the player out and the ball was hardly in shot on the Charles one if you watch he is never even lined up with the ball, only the player.

17 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Stupidity is no defence though, is it.

Seems that it is. Or at least 'she was fat and ugly so I gave her a snog to cheer her up' is a defence which implies the same.

At least he didn't offer her a fishing rod and a chicken dinner.

• Like 1

On 17/10/2019 at 15:37, Grim Up North said:

Cleared of all charges

Also the woman with him not Bianca but Katie Davies his personal manager.

I imagine her diary for gazza is basically the lyrics to tubthumping. 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

I imagine her dairy for gazza is basically the lyrics to tubthumping. 

That's your best one ever.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Looks suprisingly healthy in these latest photos tbh, compared to many of the normal photos circulating hereabouts of him..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50113964

Aye, apparently he prepared for court with massive late night gym sessions, likely to exhaust him and calm him down so his demons didn't wreck his chances of winning the case.

Obsessive behaviour, then - he's not much better than he's been of late, just managing the problems more effectively

53 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, apparently he prepared for court with massive late night gym sessions, likely to exhaust him and calm him down so his demons didn't wreck his chances of winning the case.

Obsessive behaviour, then - he's not much better than he's been of late, just managing the problems more effectively

One thing I didn't know till watching the recent documentary is that, even right up to when he was dying of cancer, Bobby Robson used to check up regularly on Gazza to see if there was anything he could do to help Paul, and would phone him regularly when on the wagon to encourage him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, msc said:

One thing I didn't know till watching the recent documentary is that, even right up to when he was dying of cancer, Bobby Robson used to check up regularly on Gazza to see if there was anything he could do to help Paul, and would phone him regularly when on the wagon to encourage him.

You never know, they might meet up again before too long!

I forgot about this thread, back at the end of January he did an ‘evening with’ type thing at the venue my daughter works at and she said he was absolutely hammered and his ‘security’ blokes were cunts.  I imagine lockdown and being dumped will do him no favours. 

9 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

More turmoil in his personal as girlfriend splits with him during lockdown. 

What's that mark on his forehead? 

2 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I forgot about this thread, back at the end of January he did an ‘evening with’ type thing at the venue my daughter works at and she said he was absolutely hammered and his ‘security’ blokes were cunts.  I imagine lockdown and being dumped will do him no favours. 

I'd agree - locked in with him would be hell on earth and he'd do himself damage alone. He's by no means the only person with those demons but could be a high profile look at how they impact on people in this situation. Finally got round to watching the Gascoigne doc on Netflix, which is fairly honest about some horrible things (his mate being killed in front of him when they were kids/ the dangerous hi-jinx stuff he did that was never challenged). Same doc has nowt to say about him beating up his missus, though.

Vinnie looks great. Gazza on the other hand looks like death waiting. Morgan just looks like the cunt he is. 'Gazza blames Piers Morgan for £140k burglary after thieves 'tipped off by picture'  https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/gazza-blames-piers-morgan-for-140k-burglary-after-thieves-tipped-off-by-picture/ar-BB18KB5i?ocid=spartan-dhp-feeds

53 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Vinnie looks great. Gazza on the other hand looks like death waiting. Morgan just looks like the cunt he is. 'Gazza blames Piers Morgan for £140k burglary after thieves 'tipped off by picture'  https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/gazza-blames-piers-morgan-for-140k-burglary-after-thieves-tipped-off-by-picture/ar-BB18KB5i?ocid=spartan-dhp-feeds

I can't help but feel sorry for Gazza. He's just a sad, simple soul who could never survive in a world without playing football...I have a feeling he won't live to be an old man  .:mellow:

PS I hope they didn't steal his booze supply ! 

1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

I can't help but feel sorry for Gazza. He's just a sad, simple soul who could never survive in a world without playing football...I have a feeling he won't live to be an old man  .:mellow:

PS I hope they didn't steal his booze supply ! 

richard-madeley-1570519417.jpg

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Morgan's filling out with the look of a man who'd deny himself no fattening snack whilst putting in long hours with no exercise. Gazza's mental health is fragile as fuck on the look of that clip. Doing well to have seen his 53rd birthday IMHO

I think he will last another 20 years or so then die of liver damage.

3 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

I think he will last another 20 years or so then die of liver damage.

Hmm

George Best was likely a more functional alcoholic than Gazza, he died aged 59 and a half

• Like 1

Oh aye and...

When you consider Best and Gazza together - maybe Mrs Merton had a point - all that running around for a living does make you thirsty, then :rolleyes:

No doubt the death of Diego Maradona today will reignite interest in the Paul Gascoigne thread. Maradona  was 60.Gascoigne is 53.Will he reach the same age as Diego or will he not even make it that far.What do you think? I fear he is destined to go the same way as Maradona. Just such a tragic, doomed figure...:(

Can`t see him making 60.Pretty surprised he has lived so long.