Sign in to follow this  
Guest silent

Dick Van Patten From Eight Is Enough

Guest silent

Quite fascinating reading about all these old celebrities that time gets the best of. I wondered how long Dick Van Patten (from the last 70s early 80s show 'Eight is Enough') would last, especially since he suffered a diabetic attack recently. I've also seen the dad from Different Strokes but he looks quite healthy so I think he'll be around for a while. All fer now.

Silent

Edited by DevonDeathTrip
Dead

Welcome! (O ..sorry.. was that loud?) you have found a special place. It's more special then those sitcoms from the 1980's.

Dick Van Patten has made a full recovery and it's the first time I've heard the name. I guess it's different strokes for different folks.

The "dad" from diff'rent strokes (he had like a 21 year old Gary Coleman on his lap) is Conrad Bain, who is one of those actors which are either a solid pick for next year or he might be alive in fifteen years from now. You never know with some of those 80's actors who looked older then they were.

I remember Dick Van Patten from when he was doing that Eight show. Then he appeared on Battle of The Network Stars. It was where people went went when the future of their show or career seemed to be in peril. Gabe Kaplan, Gavin McCleod, Ray Burenstein, Calvin Krepke, Donna Fargo, Estonia Riggs, Bobby Riggs...

These days the networks use washed up actors on Reality shows-Jaclyn Smith is doing Shear Genius---and a gazillion have done that Surreal Life. nOt to mention all the other shows---one even has Celebrity Circus. Never saw, it and don't plan to.

Then Van Patten became a male Betty White and started to do animal commercials. He got involved with Natural Balance pet food which has been said to be good for dogs and cats.

Van Patten is scheduled to be 80 in December of this year.

Death mentioned elsewhere, but as he has a thread it seems a shame not to use it.

• Like 1

Whoops, didn't show up for me. Kind mods will move the posts here, won't they? :rolleyes:

Death is enough.

As is waiting 7 years to kill this thread.

RIP

SC

My dry spell is over. RIP DVP and thanks. Here's for DVD being also on my list for this year.