Armageddon comes one step closer on monday- foir the first time since 1979 2 iranian warships will try to sail through the Suez canal-and the Israelis aint going to l et it happen...

Oh yes they will.

James Lovelock says we're all doomed, nothing can be done. He seems to be enjoying life at 90.

It looks like the entire human race could be dead this november :skill2:

I think that's what it's going to take for Madame Z to shuffle off and all.

It would, of course, be a Big Win for DL: all 50 dead. The bad news is that we won't be around to gloat.

regards,

Hein

It would, of course, be a Big Win for DL: all 50 dead. The bad news is that we won't be around to gloat.

regards,

Hein

Only Clive and Zsa Zsa (and a bunch of roaches) would be left. They'd have to mate to keep the human race alive.

Baa

London?

article-2761650-217A9C0900000578-851_964x600.jpg

Baa

London?

article-2761650-217A9C0900000578-851_964x600.jpg

Dhaka.

Is it me or is using high tech scientific equipment to see which Star Wars figure is in a box the height of decadence

Ehh........ he only used an X-ray so it's not like he was employing cutting-edge stuff just for this purpose.

Also, people have been going to lengths to either protect of verify valuables for yonks. You're just picking on this guy because it's Star Wars. Which is fine by me, carry on.

Is it me or is using high tech scientific equipment to see which Star Wars figure is in a box the height of decadence

Ehh........ he only used an X-ray so it's not like he was employing cutting-edge stuff just for this purpose.

Also, people have been going to lengths to either protect of verify valuables for yonks. You're just picking on this guy because it's Star Wars. Which is fine by me, carry on.

I do have to be careful here glasshouses and all that. Some people might suggest that someone who owns over 300 Doctor Who books shouldn't criticise collectors of Star Wars figures.

I do have to be careful here glasshouses and all that. Some people might suggest that someone who owns over 300 Doctor Who books shouldn't criticise collectors of Star Wars figures.

Some people might suggest you didn't have to tell us that.

*backs away slowly while muttering "God I hope they're just paperbacks"*

Yeah they are paperbacks and have been read not hermetically sealed in plastic bags.

Hypocrisy is still hypocrisy even if no-one knows it.

Yeah they are paperbacks and have been read not hermetically sealed in plastic bags.

Hahaha good......., thought so. Had no fucking idea they've made that many books though......

There's way worse stuff than Dr. Who fandom IMO anyway, even as much as I don't like the show. And I get a "likes the old version more than the new" vibe from you so you get a pass or summat. I used to enjoy watching the old show a bit but I dislike the new one so much it's soured it for me.

I have plenty of dorky stuff too of course but I keep it in the wrestling thread mostly. Everyone is an anorak of some kind these days FFS.

• Like 1

Hahaha good......., thought so. Had no fucking idea they've made that many books though......

There's way worse stuff than Dr. Who fandom IMO anyway, even as much as I don't like the show. And I get a "likes the old version more than the new" vibe from you so you get a pass or summat. I used to enjoy watching the old show a bit but I dislike the new one so much it's soured it for me.

I have plenty of dorky stuff too of course but I keep it in the wrestling thread mostly. Everyone is an anorak of some kind these days FFS.

You seem to have read me right

You seem to have read me right

I find people easier to read than (fiction) books for some reason. Which is odd because surely humans have to be more complicated than any fiction they can come up with. Whatevs.....

BTW I know even Dr. Who's own fans sometimes say it's shite and there've been tons of complaints about the writing, does anyone still call Russel T Davies "Retard" or did that one pass?

I am not going to Quote because it takes up too much space.

But to answer your previous point I have not seen that ephitet used for RTD and would never use that myself but my thoughts on the new series are as such:

I was sceptical when it was annouced it would come back and I kept my distance but one day in 2005 Radio 4 played a trailer which just has the TARDIS noise and a clip of the themetune and I suddenly found myself genuinely excited. I watched the first series and I thought Christopher Eccleston was brilliant but when I went back to watch the episodes again (as DW fans do) I realised he was too good and his performance papered over the cracks in the writing. What RTD was doing was emasculating the Doctor things happened and tended to be resolved by deus ex machina rather than the Doctor doing something and he spent a lot of time justifying the villans. I think this is a personal agenda thing but I won't go there now.

When David Tennant took over this became more obvious and I mostly gave up although there were a few genuinely good episodes such as Blink.

I decided to give it a go again when Matt Smith took over because I trusted Stephen Moffett as a writer and his first two seasons were very good but the third series and this later series you end up with stories that are either to rushed and incomprehensible or very, very basic and fit within the 50 minute episode length.

I like Peter Capaldi's performance but am still waiting to be wowed by the stories.

However there is a bit of The memory cheats whilst classic DW is better paced about 25% of it is awful, 25% is brilliant and 50% is solid family entertainment. A good party trick is to get two or more fans together and try to get them to agree on which episodes fit in each category.

I know that recently I have allowed myself to be dragged into a lot of long conversations but I put this down to distinct lack of action on the Death front.

On 2/20/2010 at 10:45, Monoclinic said:

As for the UEA scandal, there are mavericks in all walks of life, science should be no exception. Some people are motivated by greed, glory, glamour, whatever. Just because a former polytechnic has fudged a lot of data does not make climate change a load of "billy bollocks". This is similar to those who claimed to have cloned a human in Asia but hadn't. The technology is available to us and undoubtedly human cloning will happen one day. Just because they lied doesn't make it impossible.

Scientists in China have cloned two bouncing baby monkeys, theoretically opening the door for the cloning of humans
SC

AI technology may finish us all off, according to some people who invented it.   I don't really understand any of this, or how exactly I will meet my doom and will just have to endure in blissful ignorance until the day comes.

• Like 1

Let's be honest, the only thing that keeps the markets and the economy from working perfectly, is humans.

• Like 1