Lady Grendel

The Eleventh 2008 Success Poll

The Eleventh 2008 Success Poll  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've gone for Billy Graham. It's getting tougher to choose with 10 already gone...

Herbert Lom

Just to be original

Betty Ford, cos today is the women's final at Wimbledon and I perceive a mystical message linking 'woman' and 'final,' or summat.

Elziabeth Edwards To continue The North Carolina theme Billy G was too obvious of a choice

Delaurentiis.

Ariel Sharon, since MPFC has already covered what my other guess would have been.

Ariel Sharon, since MPFC has already covered what my other guess would have been.

It's not like picking a football team at school. I mean, we can agree on summat with this poll. I was thinking Graham but none of my other 'obvious' guesses have come up this year so the aged and - currently - quiet Betty Ford seemed a reasonable punt.

D'Oliveira

Zsa Zsa Gabor, well, why not?

Levi Stubbs. Soon to be swathed by the sword of time.

Having never voted on a 'success poll' before, and it becoming a regular event with the current rate of success, I thought it would help if I had a theme. So with Captain Beefheart, Norman Wisdom, and Michael Foot on the list, body parts it is. Since someone has voted for Ditto, who despite a bit of a weight problem, isn't on the list, I thought keeping on theme I would vote for Brad Pitt, but I can't, so Beefheart it is.

Having never voted on a 'success poll' before, and it becoming a regular event with the current rate of success, I thought it would help if I had a theme. So with Captain Beefheart, Norman Wisdom, and Michael Foot on the list, body parts it is. Since someone has voted for Ditto, who despite a bit of a weight problem, isn't on the list, I thought keeping on theme I would vote for Brad Pitt, but I can't, so Beefheart it is.

I find the theme idea very helpful, but 'crackers' was too narrow a category so I chose 'food'. That leaves me with Captain Beefheart, Basil d'Oliviera and Billy Graham. My vote this time went to Billy Graham(again).

I've evaluated my options and I've drawn the conclusion that my vote for hit number 11 will be Basil D'Oliveira. Who can be bothered waiting for Shamir or Felt at this point? I'm scouting by impulse instead of the obvious this time.

Levi Stubbs....

Rev. Billy Graham.

I've been voting for Ronnie Biggs as the next to go for about three years now,always more in hope than expectation.

Still, I did so again and hope this time it comes true...

Breaks my heart to say it, but my vote goes to Patick Moore.

The list is too damned long so I am abstaining at this time from registering a vote.

If I were to make a selection I would select one of the persons not currently listed unless they are.

That is all.