Goonish Grin

Patrick McGoohan

Did someone mention that classic Cell Block ? I loved it and it would round off the decade wonderfully if that old ginger hag who used to play Bee were to croak if she hasn't planted her fat Aussie arse on a funnewb already . :shoot2: If dear Patrick is up for the Reaper then I would be surprised .

Futile

Did someone mention that classic Cell Block ? I loved it and it would round off the decade wonderfully if that old ginger hag who used to play Bee were to croak if she hasn't planted her fat Aussie arse on a funnewb already . :shoot2: If dear Patrick is up for the Reaper then I would be surprised .

Futile

Actually this is about the Patrick Mc Goohan (an American born in Astoria, New York in March of 1928) television series known as The Prisoner. You are clearly thinking of Prisoner (also known......at least here in the tri-state metro region of NYC as Prisoner: Cell Block-H. Anyways, anyhows, anywhys, anyetc.; the Bee in that was actually BeA (although she was as I recall known as The Queen Bea) and was portrayed by Val Lehman born in Perth, Western Australia on March 15, 1943 which was precisely one day before McGoohan himself became a man at the age of 15. So we have Val rapidly approaching age 64 and Paddy nearing 79 (which is one less than 80). Now, if you add the 21 years that McGoohan has until he will be 100 and the 36 years remaining until Lehman reaches that age the total is 57 which turned backwards is 75 and when you add 57 and 75 the result is 132 which when you add the 13 and the 2 gives you 15 which as I said was McGoohan's age when Lehman was born on the 15th, so in a very distant way the two are not related. According to what I have found Lehnman and McGoohan are b oth still alive and residing in their locations. You can learn more about Lehman at a website decidely dedicated to her..... Val Lehman-Top Dog, Bea Smith

On a side note for our very own Vinegar Tits here at DeathSquad; Lehman originally audiotioned for the role of Vera 'Vinegar Tits' Bennett however she was thought too mild mannered.

(and no, I am not drunk)

Before the Prisoner he was top notch in Danger Man (not to be confused with Dangermouse) where he drove a Lotus 7 thus making the Lotus 7 the car I wanted all my life until I could afford one by which time I had a need for passengers, safety seats, dogs, car rugs, wellies and all the other bollocks you collect along the way. But there's still time.

Didn't see he had his own thread when I posted just now. Anyway, he's dead.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...8n9ergD95N1HBG0

Missed out by 2 weeks! :skull::lol::banghead:

Anyway, other than that it's sad he's died. Unforgettable as Number 6.... :rip:

Be seeing you.

2.gif

OMG I got a DDP hit. :skull:

I got a double :skull::lol:

Sadly he wasn't my number six, or indeed any other number.

Is it just me or did he come across as rather odd and stiff in everything he appeared in? Obviously not as stiff as he will shortly become ....

Great actor - but I can't believe I missed him on my Death Pool though!

Still, a sad loss and I will miss his contributions. Farewell, Number 6.

I wonder if he ever did get those letters, from his number one fan.

Whenever I hear his name I get a flashback of her on the couch, scribbling away to her Patrick.

It'd be a shame if he didn't get them before he went. :(

Why can't we leave Patrick alone?

One day he will be dead. That's why I'm Here. Checking up on an old friend who helped me see things differently. I personally dread that day but , if truth be told I have a morbid fascination with the mortality with those i find inspiring.

He is a wonderful , quirky and inspiring actor/director/ writer, who protects, indeed, guards his privacy jealously. In a world where the public are waiting with open mouths literally drooling for so called 'stars' to to drop their guard and/or be seen buying a magazine of dubious content ors shagging someone innappropriate, he is (an admittedly elderly i)nspiration. Nevertheless, it is a standard of conduct he has mainted thriughout his very private public life. He, and everything he stands for is such a precious rarity these days.

Please. Can't we just leave a man who has been happilly married man for over fifty years in peace?

No we can't. We can't because we admire his work and aspire to living up to his high ideals.

If we dont.... We should.

I guess we can 'leave him alone' now Dr, a man of integrity a man of principles.

Rest in peace mate.

Dang! I loved The Prisoner

The opening titles bear repeating.

One of the greatest ever...

On the twelfth anniversary of his death, it would be good to mark this thread as "dead".

That's 2 x Number 6! :lol:

Edit: Thanks!