Goonish Grin

Patrick McGoohan

If anyone complains about the Richard O' Sullivan thread going off topic should we redirect them to this thread for a reality check?

Would you be hurt if I told you that I have no idea what you're getting at? :P

Theres apparetly a thread of several pages on some O'Sullivan person. I have been told many a time of late to go there but have not done so nor do I plan to ever do so.

It has been many years since I have seen any of Mr.McGoohan's work on the television. Would anyone know if he is currently engaged in the acting profession or has he retired?

It has been many years since I have seen any of Mr.McGoohan's work on the television. Would anyone know if he is currently engaged in the acting profession or has he retired?

Here's his imdb profile.

He doesn't seem to have been up to much recently.

Damn good in Bravehart just over a decade ago mind, nicked a few scenes there.

Bravehart was a very poorly produced film. I left the theater feeling as though I had been cheated of my money. If I hadn't managed to sneak in after seeing the film in the next section over I would surely have demanded a full financial refund.

Oh do be quiet Brimley!

Just spent an enjoyable evening watching All Night Long.

A Jazz film from 1961 in which McGoohan plays a drummer who is a bit of a dodgy character.

Looking at some of the drumming scenes, though I doubt it's him you can hear, I'd say McGoohan's handling of the old shooting range looks pretty damned convincing to say the least.

It's been a while since the "dead drummers" thread has seen any service, perhaps in the light of this new information we can expect an early result.

In addition to that, during the course of the picture, at one point he says "be seeing you!" which I found quite amusing really since in a way, it later became his catchphrase.

Guest Dr Steve

Why can't we leave Patrick alone?

One day he will be dead. That's why I'm Here. Checking up on an old friend who helped me see things differently. I personally dread that day but , if truth be told I have a morbid fascination with the mortality with those i find inspiring.

He is a wonderful , quirky and inspiring actor/director/ writer, who protects, indeed, guards his privacy jealously. In a world where the public are waiting with open mouths literally drooling for so called 'stars' to to drop their guard and/or be seen buying a magazine of dubious content ors shagging someone innappropriate, he is (an admittedly elderly i)nspiration. Nevertheless, it is a standard of conduct he has mainted thriughout his very private public life. He, and everything he stands for is such a precious rarity these days.

Please. Can't we just leave a man who has been happilly married man for over fifty years in peace?

No we can't. We can't because we admire his work and aspire to living up to his high ideals.

If we dont.... We should.

Why can't we leave Patrick alone?

One day he will be dead. That's why I'm Here. Checking up on an old friend who helped me see things differently. I personally dread that day but , if truth be told I have a morbid fascination with the mortality with those i find inspiring.

He is a wonderful , quirky and inspiring actor/director/ writer, who protects, indeed, guards his privacy jealously. In a world where the public are waiting with open mouths literally drooling for so called 'stars' to to drop their guard and/or be seen buying a magazine of dubious content ors shagging someone innappropriate, he is (an admittedly elderly i)nspiration. Nevertheless, it is a standard of conduct he has mainted thriughout his very private public life. He, and everything he stands for is such a precious rarity these days.

Please. Can't we just leave a man who has been happilly married man for over fifty years in peace?

No we can't. We can't because we admire his work and aspire to living up to his high ideals.

If we dont.... We should.

With piss poor grammar, logic and attention to detail like yours, I sincerely hope you're not a medical doctor.

I particularly liked him in Escape from Alcatraz where he played the Prison Governor. I enjoy the Prisoner too and have half of a boxed set of videos. One day I shall get the other half.

I agree with whoever it was who said that the last episode was not so good. Each episode was written by a different person, which worked quite well really, but whoever did the last one, and that one where he is in a western, was obiously trying to be surreal, but not doing a terribly good job.

Should have got Mr. Honez to do it.

What did happen in the last episode of the Prisoner? I saw it the first time around and it was years and years ago and can't remember how it ended. Did he get away?

I particularly liked him in Escape from Alcatraz where he played the Prison Governor. I enjoy the Prisoner too and have half of a boxed set of videos. One day I shall get the other half.

I agree with whoever it was who said that the last episode was not so good. Each episode was written by a different person, which worked quite well really, but whoever did the last one, and that one where he is in a western, was obiously trying to be surreal, but not doing a terribly good job.

What did happen in the last episode of the Prisoner? I saw it the first time around and it was years and years ago and can't remember how it ended. Did he get away?

Joan "The Freak" Ferguson got banged up and one of the prisoners, whose name I forget and was dying of cancer, got to serve her a meal in solitary confinement. Poetic justice and all that.

Can't remember much about it, I was always pissed when watching Cell Block H

Joan "The Freak" Ferguson got banged up and one of the prisoners, whose name I forget and was dying of cancer, got to serve her a meal in solitary confinement. Poetic justice and all that.

Thanks for that DDT. Just once, just once I ask an innocent straightforward question out of genuine curiosity. What can I expect at this time of night?

Thanks for that DDT. Just once, just once I ask an innocent straightforward question out of genuine curiosity. What can I expect at this time of night?

Sorry Godot - I just couldn't resist! :)

Unfortunately it's virtually impossible to explain the last episode of the prisoner, because it's so silly/surreal.

If you're still interested here is a review:The last episode: Fall out

Unfortunately it's virtually impossible to explain the last episode of the prisoner, because it's so silly/surreal.

If you're still interested here is a review:

The last episode: Fall out

Doh! Clear as a bell now.

Part of the problem is that the budget ran short during filming obliging them to stick a hurried end on something that had many complex threads well established.

It is truly pretentious rubbish mind, that last episode. Basically, he discovers the village is in the UK and he's number 1 so you can never escape because in the end everything you are trying to run away from is programmed into you, or summat.

Part of the problem is that the budget ran short during filming obliging them to stick a hurried end on something that had many complex threads well established.

It is truly pretentious rubbish mind, that last episode. Basically, he discovers the village is in the UK and he's number 1 so you can never escape because in the end everything you are trying to run away from is programmed into you, or summat.

Thank you MPFC, for explaining in one sentence what that self-indulgent tw*t of a reviewer from the Beeb couldn't in about two hundred.

Guest justin

i posted a while ago because i was looking on the internet for patrick mcgoohan because i am best friends with his grandson. if any1 has any questions go ahead and ask and i will ask my friend about his grandfather

i posted a while ago because i was looking on the internet for patrick mcgoohan because i am best friends with his grandson. if any1 has any questions go ahead and ask and i will ask my friend about his grandfather

Here's a question.....Who is Number 1? <_<

Justin

Could your mate ask him if he knows any people in the film world who qualify as famous and are damn near certain to die in 2007?

Had a look at McGoohan's Wiki profile.

An interesting titbit was that he turned down the roles of Drumbledore

and Gandalf for health reasons.

Make of that what you may....

Had a look at McGoohan's Wiki profile.

An interesting titbit was that he turned down the roles of Drumbledore

and Gandalf for health reasons.

Make of that what you may....

Well, Lord of the Rings makes me feel :) sick....

Pat is one of the best friends of Peter Falk, which explains all those episodes of Columbo he was in. Falk must be a fair bet for Deathlist, even if he is still working at the age of 79. Remember, he's a cancer survivor. Even if he was only 3 at the time...

Guest guy who won't be checking fo

maybe Patrick McGoohan will live for many more happy years, and all of you sad twats and your bollox forum will die this year. perhaps not but one can always hope.

Guest Harry D Owen.
He is indeed doing well and living very comfortably with his wife of over 50 years (she is a successful realtor). They live in a beautiful home near the beach in Los Angeles. He is very close with his three daughters and their children. (His eldest daughter is a working actress and goes by the name Catherine McGoohan.)

He starred in a few COLUMBO episodes and won two Emmy Awards. He direct and wrote some also.

Dear Friend

If you are indeed a friend of Mr McGoohans could you please convey to him that he is remembered for more than’ The Prisoner’.

I remember the portrayal of John Drake, the eye movements, and body language and crisp acting that could produce a classic in a half hour slot.

Leaping ahead, his portrayal of Longshanks was a masterpiece of controlled aggression ( apart from the exit window scene, which we know never happened anyway) that I have ever seen.

Glad to hear that he is enjoying life and the sun, far better than windy Sheffield.

Best wishes, from a fan that’s over the hill (in Glossop Derbyshire)

Harry Owen.

Guest Harry Owen
maybe Patrick McGoohan will live for many more happy years, and all of you sad twats and your bollox forum will die this year. perhaps not but one can always hope.

Life is such fun to be enjoyed isn't it? Now let us guess your nationality and age group.