Goonish Grin

Patrick McGoohan

Hi

Anyone know the health of No.6 these days?

I heard he might have had a health problem a few years ago.

Thanks

Mr. G Grin

My guess he is still living most comfortably in the states, probably the west coast.

You know you had arrived when you were playing the bad guy against Colombo, in the prime of your acting career. I've seen that episode at least twice, when not working in the afternoons.

The Prisoner was a classic though. Shame it ended so terribly.

Note to self: Holding pattern deathline: You were number 6.

Guest A friend

He is indeed doing well and living very comfortably with his wife of over 50 years (she is a successful realtor). They live in a beautiful home near the beach in Los Angeles. He is very close with his three daughters and their children. (His eldest daughter is a working actress and goes by the name Catherine McGoohan.)

He starred in a few COLUMBO episodes and won two Emmy Awards. He direct and wrote some also.

Guest Jim

I stumbled across this forum while seeking information about Catherine McGoohan and her dad, Patrick. My wife is a huge Patrick McGoohan fan. She watches episodes of Danger Man, the Prisoner, the four Columbo episodes and various movies over and over again. She would like to write a letter to him. How would she go about doing that without appearing to invade his privacy?

Come in No. 9 your time is up!

No. 9.........?

Ah!

No. 6, are you in trouble?

He is not a number, he is a free man.

By the way who is #-1?

I stumbled across this forum while seeking information about Catherine McGoohan and her dad, Patrick. My wife is a huge Patrick McGoohan fan. She watches episodes of Danger Man, the Prisoner, the four Columbo episodes and various movies over and over again. She would like to write a letter to him. How would she go about doing that without appearing to invade his privacy?

Hmm, let me see...

So, your wife is a mad keen fan of Patrick? She watches everything he's been in does she?

I think I get the picture.

She watches everything he's ever done, again, and again, and again. She is his number one fan, and she wants to write to him to let him know.

But, to do this, she needs an address or some other way to contact him. She's desperate for it. She's gotta have it. She must have it. She's so desperate, she's even enlisted her husband to help feed her desire to get her letters--her private letters--to Patrick.

She doesn't want Patrick to think that she's invading his privacy, because she's not mad or anything. But she needs him to read her words. He needs to read them. He just doesn't know it yet.

Of course they're not just any letters. They're her letters: Her special thoughts; her innermost secrets. All of them, just for him. Just for Patrick--my oh, so special Patrick.

She sits on the couch, night after night, watching. Again, and again, and again.

Frantically scribbling her thoughts on pieces of paper, sealed away in envelopes. Ready for Patrick. All she needs is the address.

Breathless and transfixed, she watches him on the flickering blue-white screen.

In the study her husband searches for Patrick on the Internet...

"What's this? A hit? On google... Deathlist..."

Hmmm...

Sorry. :D Can't help you I'm afraid.

My wife is a huge Patrick McGoohan fan. She watches episodes of Danger Man, the Prisoner, the four Columbo episodes and various movies over and over again. She would like to write a letter to him. How would she go about doing that without appearing to invade his privacy?

Hmmm, she sounds more like an obsessive, compulsive stalker than a fan to me :D

Hmm, let me see...

So, your wife is a mad keen fan of Patrick? She watches everything he's been in does she?

I think I get the picture.

She watches everything he's ever done, again, and again, and again. She his number one fan, and she wants to write to him to let him know.

But, to do this, she needs an address or some other way to contact him. She's desperate for it. She's gotta have it. She must have it. She's so desperate, she's even enlisted her husband to help feed her desire to get her letters--her private letters--to Patrick.

She doesn't want Patrick to think that she's invading his privacy, because she's not mad or anything. But she needs him to read her words. He needs to read them. He just doesn't know it yet.

Of course they're not just any letters. They're her letters: Her special thoughts; her innermost secrets. All of them, just for him. Just for Patrick--my oh, so special Patrick.

She sits on the couch, night after night, watching. Again, and again, and again.

Frantically scribbling her thoughts on pieces of paper, sealed away in envelopes. Ready for Patrick. All she needs is the address.

Breathless and transfixed, she watches him on the flickering blue-white screen.

In the study her husband searches for Patrick on the Internet...

"What's this? A hit? On google... Deathlist..."

Hmmm...

Sorry. :D Can't help you I'm afraid.

Honez, if you could expand on this a bit it would make a cracking book. I got quite caught up in the drama of it all.

Honez, if you could expand on this a bit it would make a cracking book. I got quite caught up in the drama of it all.

I have to agree with you on that one, STTG. It would make a great movie script :D

I particularly liked him in Escape from Alcatraz where he played the Prison Governor. I enjoy the Prisoner too and have half of a boxed set of videos. One day I shall get the other half.

I agree with whoever it was who said that the last episode was not so good. Each episode was written by a different person, which worked quite well really, but whoever did the last one, and that one where he is in a western, was obiously trying to be surreal, but not doing a terribly good job.

Should have got Mr. Honez to do it.

Isn't it interesting that we now have self-made "psychiatrists" on the Patrick McGoohan forum!!! It just couldn't be that we are just real fans and would like to say thank you for the pleasure he has given us with his programs, especially for one peson who is going blind, is a diabetic and is almost bed-ridden. So, do you have any idea how I could be a stalker with all these illnesses? I'm sure I could drive up to his window in my wheelchair and "stalk" him. The next time that somebody writes in to this forum and wants to communicate with or send a letter to Patrick, it doesn't mean that we want his address. All it means is that we are looking for a place to send the letter that will forward it to him. We are not trying to invade his privacy. So, next time, before you answer with your supposedly "witty" comments, use the brain that God gave you (provided you were not out when He was handing them out). And be more careful about how you respond to whatever anybody writes in.

Jim, this is a forum which takes a light-hearted look at death and if you'd taken the time to read through some of the posts, you would have seen that all of us are fair game and that there are probably more suitable sites for your enquiry.

The problem with posting on the internet is that you are judged solely by what you type. No-one here knows anything for certain about anyone else so posts are taken on face value.

Taking these things into account, you did sound like a celebrity stalker and Honez's response was deserved.

Guest IYG

"I am NOT a number"

I only saw a few episodes from the show, I liked it, should rent more. <_<

And if you can't take a joke, you are likely to have a bit of a heavy time of it on the Deathlist. <_<

Deathlist: What do you want?

JIM:Information!

DL: You won't get it!

Guest Guest

Wondering what had become of an old neighbour I came across this forum. In 1959ish we lived in Mill Hill, London and Patrick McGoohan and family bought the bungalow next to our house. He drove a red mini to the studio every day and would often return still wearing his 'makeup'. His wife was pregnant at the time and in the days before his eventual 'moving upwards amd outwards' we would babysit. Catherine was about 10.

I wonder if he remembers us?

Bren of Dorset formerly Mill Hill, London

Wondering what had become of an old neighbour I came across this forum. In 1959ish we lived in Mill Hill, London and Patrick McGoohan and family bought the bungalow next to our house. He drove a red mini to the studio every day and would often return still wearing his 'makeup'. His wife was pregnant at the time and in the days before his eventual 'moving upwards amd outwards' we would babysit. Catherine was about 10.

I wonder if he remembers us?

Bren of Dorset formerly Mill Hill, London

Erm, to the best of my knowledge Patrick McGoohan doesn't read this site.

Wouldn't one related to him/ the prisoner be a better bet?

Guest Justin

well...altohugh no1 looks at this site anymore..id jsut like to let u know that my best friend is patrick mcgoohans grandson..so my best friend mother is patricks duaghter...pretty sweet huh..he jsut went out there about a month ago to visit him..he is doing well

well...altohugh no1 looks at this site anymore..id jsut like to let u know that my best friend is patrick mcgoohans grandson..so my best friend mother is patricks duaghter...pretty sweet huh..he jsut went out there about a month ago to visit him..he is doing well

I thought as much. I noticed both McGee and McGavin have bitten the bullet, and McGoohan was next to them on the DDP list. I was just wondering today how he'd be doing...

If anyone complains about the Richard O' Sullivan thread going off topic should we redirect them to this thread for a reality check?

Did i ever mentiotn the time I engaged in wild illicirt activbist acts with a man who loojked like he coulkd of well been Patrick McGoohan? He was a handoxsome man manyb years back now and he wore a suit and tie that showed his manyly physique clearly many were smutten by his charm anbd debonnaire good looks.

And he was bvorn in Astoria new yORK WHICH IS PART of the borough of Queeens there3 yused to be a comercial fotr the bank theer,

whats the big idea? ^tHE BIG idea is the astoria idea and ideqa designed to cone true with many happy returens for you the astoriasa idea. Ut was for the Astroia savings bank .

then therea was Linxcoln saavings

We make friens for life lincoln makes friends...your johnny needs a student loan to get where he intends, you need a home improvenemt loan it's yes not that depends oh we make friends fdor life Lincolm makes frineds. I think we need a thread onb bank songds, what say you all?

If anyone complains about the Richard O' Sullivan thread going off topic should we redirect them to this thread for a reality check?

Would you be hurt if I told you that I have no idea what you're getting at? :blink:

In all fairness MPFC, this thread has yet to sink in to the level of crudeness suffered in the Dickie O thread...