honez

Vote Banshees Scream

What do you think of Banshees?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the interest of giving Deathlist regulars a feedback mechanism for our dearly beloved Banshees Scream, I have created a new set of polls where you can really tell him like it is.

For those that stuffed it lst time, if you do A NULL VOTE you've done your dash and can't vote again.

Poll # 3 is multiple choice, so check any that you feel are appropriate. The list isn't comprehensive, but should give us all a better understanding of what our regular members really think of our self-proclaimed uberposter.

The polls will remain open until the end of July.

PS any spelling mistakes in the polls are completely intentional to see if you're still awake by Q.50

In the interest of giving Deathlist regulars a feedbck mechanism for our dearly beloved Banshees Scream, I have created a new set of polls where you can really tell him like it is.

For those that stuffed it lst time, if you do A NULL VOTE you've done your dash and can't vote again.

Poll # 3 is multiple choice, so check any that you feel are appropriate. The list isn't comprehensive, but should give us all a better understanding of what our regular members really think of our self-proclaimed uberposter.

The polls will remain open until the end of July.

PS any spelling mistakes in the polls are completely intentional to see if you're still awake by Q.50

:P excellent poll honez. I voted virgin, creepy and dick* (among others).

*copyright Windsor and a damn good description IMHO.

I can't remember what I ticked on the multi-choice thing, but it wasn't complimentary.

Since the other poll closed before I got home last night, I had no choice but to vote for :

antiarchimandrite. :P

By my "calculations" Banshees, between yourself, The Philosopher and Kashmir there's one of you that doesn't like you.

(The vote currently stands at 2 people like him, 10 don't. I think it's time to bring out Peter Snow's swingometer)

Speaks volumes for our levels of toleration hereabouts, almost 90% don't like him but half of those voting, myself included, still feel he should stay.

Honez, brilliant work!

When LG decided to close the other Poll ( very assertive LG, you vixen, you :) ) I did feel a sense of relief that it had been put to bed.

Imagine my horror when I discovered yet another poll dedicated to the dickhead. It was comparable to having a wonderful dream starring myself and a certain Linda Lovelace only to awaken to the reality of Janet Street Porter between my legs.

As it is, I need not have worried.

A Poll to end all Polls.

I for one actually enjoy reading Banshees Screams posts. The posts are sometimes controversial, yet at least they spark debate. To me this is preferable to reading dull dross.

Some of these descriptions are a bit extreme and I like to give the benefit of the doubt. As such, I voted for the description thatI am the most sure of....He is not charming :)

I didn't want to choose on like or dislike since I am indifferent towards him but I could only win a pony and place a vote on the other sections by voting there.

Allowed to stay? Having been on many boards, I can tell you that even if you boot him, he will find a way to return.

Section 3- I selected Not creepy (he's too odd to be creepy and often too morose to pull together a good creep) He is also:

Misunderstood, and a virgin. He is also quite genuine which makes him a top bloke. Additionally I find him about as funny as a hole in the head-----and I sterongly object to the usage of that phrase since I almost coined it back in 1978 in a letter on acceptance-----my phrase was actually Of course he accepts this, about as much as one accepts a hole in the head, it's just there so you have to accept it---what other choice is there? Not depressig, he's just not what I find to be funny (sorry BluesStruedeler)

There were many selections which I didn't answer to, I left out his poetic skills which weren't the weorst I've ever encountered and were good for base starts for me to make rip-offs of his poems. I left off tosseer since I have no idea what that is. Plague or friend---I couldn't care less. He exists and as people go there are much much worse. In the end the only circles I placed a marker on are the ones I listed earlier. So keep him around----and besides he's got a great name which can be plinked about in various ways.

Long live BaristaScowls!

I didn't want to choose on like or dislike since I am indifferent towards him but I could only win a pony and place a vote on the other sections by voting there.

Allowed to stay? Having been on many boards, I can tell you that even if you boot him, he will find a way to return.

Section 3- I selected Not creepy (he's too odd to be creepy and often too morose to pull together a good creep) He is also:

Misunderstood, and a virgin. He is also quite genuine which makes him a top bloke. Additionally I find him about as funny as a hole in the head-----and I sterongly object to the usage of that phrase since I almost coined it back in 1978 in a letter on acceptance-----my phrase was actually Of course he accepts this, about as much as one accepts a hole in the head, it's just there so you have to accept it---what other choice is there? Not depressig, he's just not what I find to be funny (sorry BluesStruedeler)

There were many selections which I didn't answer to, I left out his poetic skills which weren't the weorst I've ever encountered and were good for base starts for me to make rip-offs of his poems. I left off tosseer since I have no idea what that is. Plague or friend---I couldn't care less. He exists and as people go there are much much worse. In the end the only circles I placed a marker on are the ones I listed earlier. So keep him around----and besides he's got a great name which can be plinked about in various ways.

Long live BaristaScowls!

Reading that sent a shudder through me.

I have to consider the horrendous possibility that you and he are both from the same Gene pool.

I have to consider the horrendous possibility that you and he are both from the same Gene pool.

LFN is on to something. In fact, BS and BB are the same person.

NO-O-O-O-O-O!!!

Bruno is a thoughtful person, sometimes the worse for a drink whilst posting. BS - by contrast - appears consistent in style, whatever his intake of stimulants.

NO-O-O-O-O-O!!!

Bruno is a thoughtful person, sometimes the worse for a drink whilst posting. BS - by contrast - appears consistent in style, whatever his intake of stimulants.

But have you seen them both in the same chat-room?

To be honest, I find this thread unnecessarily cruel. It reminds me of high school when all the "cool" kids made fun of the nerd. If you don't like BS there are plenty of other posters to interact with.

I find your hobby of hunting animals unnecessarily cruel, but that's your choice. This thread isn't killing Banshees, just trying to point him in the right direction and if he thinks twice before he posts some rubbish again, well it's been in a good cause and hasn't physically hurt anything.

Hello idiot

A "Banshee" is neither REALLY a person nor an animal.....idiot

Idiot's rarely continue irritating people when the sufferers say "enough" - unless, of course, they are COMPLETE idiots. (Reality check, BS?)

By the way, I apologise if I didn't mention the word "idiot" enough......personally, I'm disappointed.

To be honest, I find this thread unnecessarily cruel. It reminds me of high school when all the "cool" kids made fun of the nerd. If you don't like BS there are plenty of other posters to interact with.

My intention behind this thread was not to be cruel or make fun of anyone. The result of LFN's "should BS be banned?" poll/thread was a fairly close result of NO. The reason behind this appeared to be DL members' general tolerance and commitment to free speech, regardless of the message content. I believe this is a very good thing. However, it appeared that BS was using this NO vote to attempt to take the moral high ground and laud himself over LFN -- and what appeared to be many other DL members. I created this thread to remove the confusion over whether free speech is tolerated here and to clarify, being as anonymous as they see fit, what DL members think of BS.

The third poll is my attempt to give members an opportunity to vote either positively or negatively on many of the issues BS has been accused of and/or claims for himself. Obviously the poll questions will never be 100% scientifically accurate, but my intention was to clear up any misconceptions at the "big picture" level of what BS thinks of himself and what other DL members do. If there is a difference of opinion, then the big picture would highlight this.

There is still a week or so left to run on the poll, but early indications are that most members are happy to let BS stay and say what he wants, but they don't necessarily agree with what he does say, he doesn't seem to be as popular, respected or have as much support as he previously thought.

Like I said, this thread was never intended to be cruel or make fun of anyone. It was to clarify things and take a reality check on the situation. The poll isn't closed yet, so if you haven't voted, then have your say.

When I was about seven years old, my family moved to a small town in the country. At the bus stop, on the first day of school, some kid told me to get off his property, because no dagoes were allowed. I asked him what a dago was, and he said it was the same thing as wop. That night, I asked my parents what wop and dago meant. They said not to worry about it, that only ignorant people said stuff like that, and that I should feel sorry for the kid who said it.

The next day , with my parents gentle advice still glowing in my mind, I found the boy at recess time. I motioned for him to come closer, and gave him a beautiful, forgiving smile. Then I punched him right in the kisser.

Ethnic humor doesn't bother me, but I just don't like bigots I guess. The one thing I really cannot stand is a Nazi. Banshees has said he is not a racist, so I'll believe him. It's just that he has had a tendency to refer to certain people as "the jew". I find that very off-putting in a visceral sort of way. I mean, you don't ever hear anyone say "the Presbyterian is back", or "the Catholic has left the room" or" the Seventh Day Adventist is gone", so a comment like that really stands out , and not in a good way. Maybe it's because I grew up in Ku Klux Clan , John Birch Society country, but I can't be sure.

When I stumbled upon Deathlist several years ago the first thing I read was the signature of a North Egyptian. It made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe. I recovered (obviously), only to have my gaze land on the signature again causing me laugh all over again until my stomach hurt. I have no idea why it struck me in the way that it did. I do know that my reaction had nothing to do with the fakey- fake social type of laughter that we sometimes affect in the real world.

It's the same thing , the opposite side of the same coin with me, when it comes to certain references about a person's religion or national descent. I really can't explain why I sometimes find it so repulsive, any more than I can explain why the signature was such a hoot.

I agree that Banshees is original, he is genuine. A genuine what, I don't know. I leave it to older and wiser heads to decide.

he is genuine. A genuine what, I don't know.

There are people in the artificial insemination business who spend their lives in the hope that - just once - someone will say that about the results of their work.

The next day , with my parents gentle advice still glowing in my mind, I found the boy at recess time. I motioned for him to come closer, and gave him a beautiful, forgiving smile. Then I punched him right in the kisser.

Excellent Madam!! Class, style and you float like a butterfly and sting like a bee....

As for the cruelty of this thread, total tosh.

With respect deadsox, its ever so slightly sanctimonious to question whether we are being ever so cruel when its being posted and discussed on a forum that is dedicated to the deaths of the rich and famous/infamous.

How cruel do you think it is getting a hard on discussing who you want to peg out? Im sure the Families of many of these "Hits" find DL highly amusing.

If we start taking the feelings of fellow members too seriously ( and Im really refering to that smug,pompous twat ) then it renders this Forum and its subject matter equally as cruel and, consequently, unpalatable to us all.

He may thank you for your support, then again he is so far up his own arse he probably EXPECTS your support.

If you dont want to play the lottery, dont buy a ticket.

I'm merely expressing an opinion as to the tone of this thread. You all certainly have the right to say what you want but it does appear to me that you're taking entirely too much pleasure in making fun of another human being. Regarding the death pool business, I appreciate that some might think that's cruel too but I don't happen to agree. Celebrities generally understand that they will be the target of fans, lawyers and tasteless people like us. BS can certainly be annoying and needs help with his grammar and spelling but the piling on is a bit much. If that's sanctimonious, then so be it. I also grant that some of you believe that hunting is cruel, but I'm a predator, so just like lions and sharks, I'm just doing what I'm supposed to do.

And by the way, Nellie, I don't get a hard on for dead people, that's necrophilia. This is just about making correct predictions.

I also grant that some of you believe that hunting is cruel, but I'm a predator, so just like lions and sharks, I'm just doing what I'm supposed to do.

Strange, but I've not seen many lions and sharks wielding 0.44 semi-automatic carbines.* Nor deer, grouse, boar, pigeons or any of your other targets over which you hold a firm advantage.

I don't care if that isn't a type of gun, you get the idea. I detest guns.

Not wanting to sound like a tw*t, but has BS been banned or Not.

Or is it still up for grabs. :crossbone:

Interim stats report:

Peter Snow has been at the figures to relate questions 1 and 3. Out of the 36 people who have voted without nulling their voice (unfortunately I couldn't find the insert spreadsheet function) we find the following percentages to what people think of Banshees Cream (to 2SF)

Creepy                                                 72%

A tosser                                                 67%

Someone I'd avoid like the plague  64%

His poetry is a joke                                 56%

Lost the plot                                 56%

Dick                                                 53%

As funny as a hole in the head                 53%

Fool                                                 50%

A racist                                                 50%

He's a virgin                                 50%

His self image is nothing like reality  47%

He's not charming                                 47%

He is a joke                                 44%

Lost the plot                                 44%

I wouldn't trust him in a fit                  44%

He's a loser                                 44%

All in all he's a low life                   44%

A twunt                                                  42%

An idiot who I look down on                  42%

He's a liar                                               42%

An IQ lower "then" a chimpanzee              39%

A misogynist                                 39%

Repulsive                                               33%

He's always after something                  33%

I hate him                                              33%

Scum of the Earth                                  31%   (Doesn't support Pompey, so technically can't qualify for this title)Misunderstood                                  11%

Fun                                                    8%

He's genuine                                    8%

Not creepy at all                                    6%

All in all he's a top bloke                    6%

Mr Popularity                                    3%

A mental giant                                   3%

Insightful                                       3%

Not a tosser                                    3%

Has a self image that is just about right    3%

He's charming                                   3%

I love him                                                3%

Genius                                                    0%

A good poet                                    0%

Sexy                                                    0%

A born leader who I look up to                  0%

A gem                                                    0%

Peaceful                                                  0%

Someone I'd be happy to have as a friend  0%

I look forward to PMs from him                  0%

I would trust him intimately                   0%

He's a real lady's man                              0%

He's a winner                                    0%

He tells the truth                                   0%

Analysing the top two stats we see that a whopping 72% see BS as a tosser. However looking at the counter argument, 6% find him not creepy at all, thus 22% of you (7.9 DL members) must find him somewhere between creep and non creep. Moving on to tosserdom, we have a slightly nicer stat to contemplate in that only 67% find him to be a tosser (whether this 67% also constitute the 50% who think him to be Cerasus intacticus cannot be determined from these figures.) If only 3% (1 DL member) finds him not to be a tosser that leaves 30% of us where the jury is still currently out.

:lol::o Banshees, who loves ya baby? The stats do not lie. One of us does... :P:wub:

And finally, in the world of meaningless stats, the graph is king.graphvu7.png

Now if anyone with experience could tell me the easiest way to get to Andorra on public transport, I'd be most grateful, the above testifies to how well my google investigation was going.