This is very off topic but is anyone here on Facebook? If so gimme a message with ya details, would be good to see what you all look like!! :(

• Like 1

I'm on there, under my real name, of course. ;)

I am friends already with one DL'r who I will admit looked nothing like I expected them to.

I've been on facebook for the past year or so.

Managed to get back in touch with about 20 of my old schoolfriends that I haven't seen for 20 years.

I'm on Facebook........I've only got ONE friend!!! ;)

I've not been on long mind...

We could set up a community group on Facebook, a couple of dead pools are on there.

I'm on Facebook........I've only got ONE friend!!! ;)

I've not been on long mind...

Be careful what you wish for TMIB, as old friends find you on there they will be evil and put up pictures of you you never knew existed.

My FB profile is only available to select DLers. It's in my married name so no past "friends" can pester contact me.

Isn't that how it should be? ;)

My pic is in my profile.

So is mine. ;)

So which DL'er with a Facebook account fancies approaching Ivy Bean and suggesting she starts posting here?

So which DL'er with a Facebook account fancies approaching Ivy Bean and suggesting she starts posting here?

Well, I've sent in a friend request.

Knowing my luck, however, she'll turn me down. ;)

My real name is in the phonebook :rolleyes:

Facebook is now officially crap.

This is because they have removed Scrabulous and merged PetrolHead with something called speedracing.

Shite, shite, shite!

As Tempus Fugit might have put it.

Facebook is now officially crap.

This is because they have removed Scrabulous and merged PetrolHead with something called speedracing.

Shite, shite, shite!

As Tempus Fugit might have put it.

I agree, I logged on last night to play my next moves in Scrabulous only to discover it had been removed, on the plus side it's been replaced by an application called Wordscraper.

I received a message in my Facebook Inbox tonight from a friend and hit reply only to be told my account has been blocked for spamming, wtf???? I've used the message thing 5 times in the last 3 months, how is that spamming? I was told I'd been warned about this before, er, no I haven't, and my account could be disabled if I continue, they don't even have the decency to put an address up for me to reply to and complain, bastards. I wouldn't mind if my use of FB was excessive, but it isn't, in the last week I've had 4 new friends added, all of whom found me, wrote maybe half a dozen comments on old photos another friend put up, done a couple of quizzes, sent a couple of gifts and changed my status 2 or 3 times, how that amounts to spamming I don't know. If it wasn't for the fact that it's brought myself and a lot of old friends back in touch recently and it's a way to keep up with each other, I'd delete my account :D . Anyone else having problems?

Thanks to Bou for sending me a link explaining this is happening to lots of people on FB today, rumour is, it's been hacked by spammers, nice to know it's not only the DL that gets them, perhaps we should send HCW over there, that would soon sort the f***kers out :D .

Perhaps an official DL.NET faceache group could be in order?

Anyone willing to forgo the anonymity of the avatar?

Perhaps an official DL.NET faceache group could be in order?

Anyone willing to forgo the anonymity of the avatar?

Oooo is that asking for trouble though? What about when you get the drive-by ranters here, if they then found a facebook group for us, they would then have real names and locations to go on? Probably highly unlikely I know, but a point to ponder over all the same, I reckon. Wasn't there some sort of big hullabalooh when Emlyn Hughes and Paul Hunter pegged it, I think that was just before my time.

Agreed, but it could be a closed group with admission vetted by responsible persons.

Good point - can you still see the member list of closed groups, even if you can't actually join them without permission?

Agreed, but it could be a closed group with admission vetted by responsible persons.

Good point - can you still see the member list of closed groups, even if you can't actually join them without permission?

No you can't see the list LB, just the information saying what the group is about, from the couple I had a look at, it seems you have to be invited to join.