Look me up, I'm there all the time... please be my friend!

Don't I need your name first?

Ahhh. That would probably help a little, wouldn't it?

I'm ' Named and Shamed ' in the group, so you can find me there. : )

• Like 1

Ahhh. That would probably help a little, wouldn't it?

I'm ' Named and Shamed ' in the group, so you can find me there. : )

At the risk of exposing my stupidity, What group? :rolleyes:

Ok, I've finally given in to peer pressure and joined. I've submitted my request to Deathlist.net, please accept me, I'm feeling all lonely and unwanted.

That should be approved now

Yeh! Thank you Handy.

We've had Facebook now meet Deathbook. I can't think of anything worse than having a much loved but deceased relative/friend/pet send a message to me just as I was coming to terms with their demise :skull: .

Edited by Lady Grendel
changed the link as original didn't work

Has anyone on here loaded Stalkercheck on Facebook?

Had mixed feelings about since the obvious stalker it allows is Facebook, who can get more complex information about you and use it to target their business. Anyway, I figured f*** it! and gave it a bash, but it wouldn't load, which is probably down to my AOL address, often incompatible with stuff, like DL chat.

I've sent a request to join the Facebook group.....

So am I right in thinking there is a Facebook group for DL members..

I was looking for somewhere I could post more accurate "status updates" than my current page, such as "I just caught the baby eating my fags" or "whilst attempting to wax my nether regions I accidentally stuck my arse cheeks together".. that sort of thing?

A few new people have joined the DL group on FB but have yet to reveal their DL identities. Perhaps we should start guessing who they are in the 'named and shamed' thread on the FB group, my money is on BS in his many reincarnations <_<.

One of them is me.

A thing that I have been devoting some thought to recently is the fact that one of my facebook friends is a dead person.

He was dead before he became my facebook friend and he continues to be so, nonetheless posting regular updates regarding his activities or lack of them.

I mean obviously it's not him, it's his wife trying to keep his memory alive, but I mean it's a bit odd isn't it?

A thing that I have been devoting some thought to recently is the fact that one of my facebook friends is a dead person.

He was dead before he became my facebook friend and he continues to be so, nonetheless posting regular updates regarding his activities or lack of them.

I mean obviously it's not him, it's his wife trying to keep his memory alive, but I mean it's a bit odd isn't it?

I've just looked to see if a recently dead friend is on my list - think he was, but not now. You can see these Facebook pages becoming virtual shrines to the dead. Doing updates, I suppose, is a bit like talking to someone who has died at their grave, an attempt to breath life in to the dead. Why did you accept him as a friend if he was dead? That's a bit odd isn't it?

I've just looked to see if a recently dead friend is on my list - think he was, but not now. You can see these Facebook pages becoming virtual shrines to the dead. Doing updates, I suppose, is a bit like talking to someone who has died at their grave, an attempt to breath life in to the dead. Why did you accept him as a friend if he was dead? That's a bit odd isn't it?

Yes it is. To be honest I can't remember. I'm also no longer sure whose idea it was.

The fellow in question was Client Services Personnel (a janitor) at the place where I studied. He died of cancer at a fairly young age and his widow is using his page to raise awareness for Cancer Research and suchlike. So I suppose it's a good thing in many ways.

I haven't invited him to take any quizzes.

There are a few different deathlist groups on facebook. Which one are y'all?

My sister in-law has just added me on Facebook and I'm not sure whether to add her back. I get on fine with her but she's not the most discreet of people and there are many things in my life I don't want going back to my parents. My niece is on my friends' list but I don't think she ever looks at my profile. On the other hand, I don't want to snub her. Any advice?

My sister in-law has just added me on Facebook and I'm not sure whether to add her back. I get on fine with her but she's not the most discreet of people and there are many things in my life I don't want going back to my parents. My niece is on my friends' list but I don't think she ever looks at my profile. On the other hand, I don't want to snub her. Any advice?

Lie through your teeth.

Just ignore the request, and every time she asks you about it (if she does) just say you never received a request - 'must be a technical glitch'.

Put her on 'limited profile' H, that way she'll only see your basic info and nothing that gets posted on your wall or your status updates.

Put her on 'limited profile' H, that way she'll only see your basic info and nothing that gets posted on your wall or your status updates.

That's what I did in the end.

This has really creeped me out.

I've never had a Facebook page, but a couple of years ago we created accounts for our dogs, just for a laugh. My dog's page, apart from her sharing my surname (not a particularly uncommon name), had no information about me whatsoever, and no reference to where we live. She only ever had two human friends and a couple of other dogs known to us. Eventually I deactivated the account, as complete strangers kept asking to be friends and it got a bit tiresome (they probably thought it was a human of the same name).

Now someone has created a community page for the place where I live, and I wanted to have a gander at it. So I resurrected the dog's account, purely so I could have a look. And up came a list of people Facebook had collected that they "thought I might know", ie the dog might know .... they include a cousin of mine and her OH (who don't and never have shared my surname), they live a long way away and don't know anyone I know outside our family; a person who I worked with long, long ago, who now lives in another country and again, knows no one who would have been likely to search for or find the dog page; and various locals. Some of the locals would know the dog's name, but my cousin wouldn't, nor the old colleague. And none of them know the non-locals that have been dredged up.

So how the hell has Facebook managed to connect all these people together? I find it very sinister and rather worrying.

This has really creeped me out.

I've never had a Facebook page, but a couple of years ago we created accounts for our dogs, just for a laugh. My dog's page, apart from her sharing my surname (not a particularly uncommon name), had no information about me whatsoever, and no reference to where we live. She only ever had two human friends and a couple of other dogs known to us. Eventually I deactivated the account, as complete strangers kept asking to be friends and it got a bit tiresome (they probably thought it was a human of the same name).

Now someone has created a community page for the place where I live, and I wanted to have a gander at it. So I resurrected the dog's account, purely so I could have a look. And up came a list of people Facebook had collected that they "thought I might know", ie the dog might know .... they include a cousin of mine and her OH (who don't and never have shared my surname), they live a long way away and don't know anyone I know outside our family; a person who I worked with long, long ago, who now lives in another country and again, knows no one who would have been likely to search for or find the dog page; and various locals. Some of the locals would know the dog's name, but my cousin wouldn't, nor the old colleague. And none of them know the non-locals that have been dredged up.

So how the hell has Facebook managed to connect all these people together? I find it very sinister and rather worrying.

Could these people know your email address, as you can search on Facebook by email rather than name?

Could these people know your email address, as you can search on Facebook by email rather than name?

Ugh, I didn't know that! I will have to check which one I used, but I doubt if they would all have it anyway. For one thing, I've never emailed the ex-colleague, it's a Christmas-cards-only sort of thing.

• Like 1