Could these people know your email address, as you can search on Facebook by email rather than name?

Ugh, I didn't know that! I will have to check which one I used, but I doubt if they would all have it anyway. For one thing, I've never emailed the ex-colleague, it's a Christmas-cards-only sort of thing.

Here's my bet hedged "or summat". If you have these people's email addresses on the account you signed up with then Facebook can locate them. It might seem creepy but I think it's fascinating how they can make these links if what I just said isn't the case. That and the six degrees application (that I can no longer find) that you used to find out how you could be linked to someone if you didn't already know them. I now know of people I know who know people I do not know who know people I know. :angry2:

However this all probably stems from the fact I'm someone who likes to discover things so I guess that could be why I don't find it creepy.

• Like 1

Could these people know your email address, as you can search on Facebook by email rather than name?

Ugh, I didn't know that! I will have to check which one I used, but I doubt if they would all have it anyway. For one thing, I've never emailed the ex-colleague, it's a Christmas-cards-only sort of thing.

Here's my bet hedged "or summat". If you have these people's email addresses on the account you signed up with then Facebook can locate them. It might seem creepy but I think it's fascinating how they can make these links if what I just said isn't the case. That and the six degrees application (that I can no longer find) that you used to find out how you could be linked to someone if you didn't already know them. I now know of people I know who know people I do not know who know people I know. :angry2:

However this all probably stems from the fact I'm someone who likes to discover things so I guess that could be why I don't find it creepy.

Could you please discover why we have a total w***er like Peter crouch playing for us?

Many thanks.

Could you please discover why we have a total w***er like Peter crouch playing for us?

Many thanks.

We'd happily take him back! And I'm relishing the fact we've a local derby coming up. That is of course if the Pompey squad can afford the bus fare. PAY UP POMPEY, POMPEY PAY UP.

That is of course if the Pompey squad can afford the bus fare. PAY UP POMPEY, POMPEY PAY UP.

Do they still use the Southampton team bus, or did they ever get round to finding one of their own?

Am I the only person who loathes Facebook and refuses to have anything to do with it?

Am I the only person who loathes Facebook and refuses to have anything to do with it?

No, I too don't really like it although I do have a page (Is that the mot juste?) I won't have my picture on it and although I have responded to 'friends' requests I generally just ignore them and log on about once a fortnight(ish).

My super HTC Desire has Facebook built in and I am amazed and unnerved at how it all hangs together. In cyberspace there is nowhere to hide..............

Book of the dead...

death-on-facebook.jpg

No, I too don't really like it although I do have a page (Is that the mot juste?) I won't have my picture on it and although I have responded to 'friends' requests I generally just ignore them and log on about once a fortnight(ish).

My super HTC Desire has Facebook built in and I am amazed and unnerved at how it all hangs together. In cyberspace there is nowhere to hide..............

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I've never been tempted to create a Facebook account - hearing my sister drone on and on about Ghosttrappers and Farmville is enough to put anyone off for life! Not to mention the probability of being contacted by ex colleagues and classmates, usually, there's a valid reason why one would choose to lose contact with said people to begin with...

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I've never been tempted to create a Facebook account - hearing my sister drone on and on about Ghosttrappers and Farmville is enough to put anyone off for life! Not to mention the probability of being contacted by ex colleagues and classmates, usually, there's a valid reason why one would choose to lose contact with said people to begin with...

I had a page. I got tired of the drama and had it deleted.

Facebook really makes you jump through hoops to get your account deleted.

I dont get what all the fuss is about.

Facebook isnt a living being, nobody is pulling out your toe nails if you dont have an account or go onto it.

You dont have to be "friends" with anybody, you dont have to give status updates, you dont have to post comments, you dont have to join groups or have a Farm or summat and, basically, you dont have to do fuck all.

Is it intrusive? Probably

Can it give too much information about you to a third party? Almost certainly.

Then again, the same can apply to a multitude of Social networking sites/forums.

FB is no better and no worse than spending too much time on here.

Facebook isnt a living being, nobody is pulling out your toe nails if you dont have an account or go onto it.

You dont have to be "friends" with anybody, you dont have to give status updates, you dont have to post comments, you dont have to join groups or have a Farm or summat and, basically, you dont have to do fuck all.

Then again, the same can apply to a multitude of Social networking sites/forums.

DL is better because I can say fuck on here without getting told off by my kids. And my dad's not on DL. My dad on Facebook, for fuck's sake. He's 58 :angry2:

DL is better because I can say fuck on here without getting told off by my kids. And my dad's not on DL. My dad on Facebook, for fuck's sake. He's 58 :)

Yeah!! 58, fuck thats totally ancient man!!!

Whats the cut off date Lardy? Im heading for 46, is that too old?

Should I quit when im 50?

You are just another ageist bastard, arent you. :angry2:

DL is better because I can say fuck on here without getting told off by my kids. And my dad's not on DL. My dad on Facebook, for fuck's sake. He's 58 :party:

You are just another ageist bastard, arent you. :angry2:

Definitely am. People should be banned from social networking sites at about 40, banned from driving at about 50, and banned from living at about 60 :)

DL is better because I can say fuck on here without getting told off by my kids. And my dad's not on DL. My dad on Facebook, for fuck's sake. He's 58 :o

You are just another ageist bastard, arent you. :lol:

Definitely am. People should be banned from social networking sites at about 40, banned from driving at about 50, and banned from living at about 60 :lol:

So Ive not got too long then.....

Any chance of bringing that final date forward?

I think life is as exciting as its gonna get for me, i might as well fucking bale out now as, to go on much longer will surely mean that im going to die of excitement... :blink:

DL is better because I can say fuck on here without getting told off by my kids. And my dad's not on DL. My dad on Facebook, for fuck's sake. He's 58 :o

Definitely am. People should be banned from social networking sites at about 40, banned from driving at about 50, and banned from living at about 60 :lol:

I think life is as exciting as its gonna get for me, i might as well fucking bale out now as, to go on much longer will surely mean that im going to die of excitement... :blink:

Ah, quit yer whining, gramps, and go and watch Countdown and do a jigsaw puzzle :o - I hit 37 next week :o

Ah, quit yer whining, gramps, and go and watch Countdown and do a jigsaw puzzle :o - I hit 37 next week :o

Don't get his hopes up...thats a week day show.

Thank you Winny.

If I were unemployed or a student, im sure id have loads of time to watch it.

Unfortunately, I have to go to work to support all those people that dont work and all those Scottish Students that dont and are subsidised blah, blah, yawn, yawn... :o

Thank you Winny.

Unfortunately, I have to go to work to support all those people that dont work and all those Scottish Students that dont and are subsidised blah, blah, yawn, yawn... :o

I paid my own fees this year, and although I have been technically unemployed for 5 days (now that I am no longer a full time student) I claim no benefits.

So there.

And if I can't get a job it will be the fault of you English for imposing the Tories upon Scotland - so you owe me regardless of which way you look at it. :P

Ah, quit yer whining, gramps, and go and watch Countdown and do a jigsaw puzzle :o - I hit 37 next week :P

Thank you Winny.

I paid my own fees this year, and although I have been technically unemployed for 5 days (now that I am no longer a full time student) I claim no benefits.

So there.

And if I can't get a job it will be the fault of you English for imposing the Tories upon Scotland - so you owe me regardless of which way you look at it. :P

Windsor, I know someone who lives up your way that will give you a job. Now, would you prefer hand or blow? Let me know and I'll give you my mother's phone number :o

It's not just me that assumes any time the name of an elderly celebrity is in the Twitter trending topics they've died, is it? "Bygraves" was just floating up there now and I thought "Man, Max's passing's totally gonna be overshadowed by Tony Curtis", but it just turned out to be something else.

It's not just me that assumes any time the name of an elderly celebrity is in the Twitter trending topics they've died, is it? "Bygraves" was just floating up there now and I thought "Man, Max's passing's totally gonna be overshadowed by Tony Curtis", but it just turned out to be something else.

I do that too. I got a bit of fright the other day when Kate Bush's name was at the top. Oh and I think Joe Mantell's death will be overshadowed by Curtis's

Facebook keeps 'deleted' user photos online for years. Direct URLs of 'deleted' information still available 30+ months later. Why would anyone expect them to delete the vast mine of freely supplied, correlated and cross-linked user information in their data warehouse?

'Deletion' in their case appears to be deletion of the web-facing interface, not deletion of the source.

No surprise there.

I miss you and the dogs :(