Sweetheart, I've been on Facebook for years now and at least 40 of my friends are also queens. :D

Oh you mean that "Queen"........................ bloody hell what ever next- Queen joins "Farmville"?

• Like 1

Windy, are you FB friends yet? Unfortunately you won't be able to poke her.

I am friends now, and am enjoying a nice debate.

The Diana fans are out in force, so I have been having fun with them (although possibly not a good idea as its not anonymous this time round). :D

One of my favorite insults when Griefing is "you have 0 friends". From the South Park episode of the same name. But alas I've wanted to tell all my buds on Facebook (from my travels around the world) about my experiences here in China. But, surprise surprise. Facebook doesn't work in china... Hong Kong however is a whole different story. I can't wait to hit Macau and post away this Christmas. See internet is slow in China, due to primitive telecommnications, AND, it's even slower on sites that are blocked. lol.

Guess they figure We'd all get bored and give up.

That's not how one spells forty-two.

What would you know, Knotapotato?

That's not how one spells forty-two.

No, its how one spells "fourty-two"! :pop:

Well, well.

I just tried to log in on Facebook and got the following message:

Account disabled

Your account has been disabled. If you have any questions or concerns, you can visit our FAQ page here.

The FAQ told me:

Why was my account disabled?

Your account was disabled because the name under which it was registered was fake. We do not allow users to register with fake names, to impersonate any person or entity, or to falsely state or otherwise misrepresent themselves or their affiliations. In addition, Facebook accounts are intended for use by single individuals, so groups, clubs, businesses, or other types of organizations are not permitted to maintain accounts.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Perhaps I'll return under another alias, but for now as fas as I'm concerned Facebook can FOAD.

regards,

Hein

Well, well.

Account disabled

Your account has been disabled. If you have any questions or concerns, you can visit our FAQ page here.

The FAQ told me:

Why was my account disabled?

Your account was disabled because the name under which it was registered was fake. We do not allow users to register with fake names, to impersonate any person or entity, or to falsely state or otherwise misrepresent themselves or their affiliations. In addition, Facebook accounts are intended for use by single individuals, so groups, clubs, businesses, or other types of organizations are not permitted to maintain accounts.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Perhaps I'll return under another alias, but for now as fas as I'm concerned Facebook can FOAD.

regards,

Hein

Were you registered as "Magere Hein"?

Well, well.

Account disabled

Yes.

regards,

Hein

Well, well.

Account disabled

Yes.

regards,

Hein

My great no Facebook experiment is progressing nicely. It's amazing how stunned people are when you say "Facebook? I'm not on Facebook."

Out of curiosity, anyone here on Google+?

I am, Bou invited me, but I haven't quite fathomed out how it all works.

Me neither! Billy no mates on it at the moment.

I would add you HCW but I don't know how! I currently have the sum total of 6 friends on there and a friend request from some guy in Rugby I have never heard of :) .

I would add you HCW but I don't know how!

Not too sure myself. It seems there is a way of doing it through e-mail addresses via hotmail (or summat like that)

I would add you HCW but I don't know how!

Not too sure myself. It seems there is a way of doing it through e-mail addresses via hotmail (or summat like that)

I checked my hotmail and the option to add contacts to various social networking sites is there, but not for Google+. Perhaps it's because my G+ account is registered to my Yahoo email address. I am loathe to give Google my hotmail address as it's the one email I reserve strictly for close friends and family, even Facebook doesn't have it.

I checked my hotmail and the option to add contacts to various social networking sites is there, but not for Google+. Perhaps it's because my G+ account is registered to my Yahoo email address. I am loathe to give Google my hotmail address as it's the one email I reserve strictly for close friends and family, even Facebook doesn't have it.

Snap!

It isn't very good at searching for people. I can see several people with your real name PB but I don't know which one to invite because I can't tell from the profile pictures, or lack of. I think this is why I get lots of random invitations; because my photograph isn't next to my name.

The address registered to G+ is my Gmail one. I've just sent an invitation (using the invite option on the G+ site - red envelope icon on the right) to my Virgin account from myself to myself. The email which arrived came from a G+ no reply address so as far as I can see, you won't be giving your address away to all and sundry. If you still have my invitation email, LG, you could double check.

The downside is that you need your Facebook friends' email addresses to start with. FB used to store them if privacy setting allowed but for some reason I haven't been able to access any of that information since Google plus started letting people try it out a couple of months ago :)

Might be worth sending a group PM on here or on FB? Clunky, I know but a strictly DL circle might be handy. I was waiting for it to come out of beta then forgot all about it. I did create one when another DLer asked for an invitation and he's there all on his own at the moment!

It isn't very good at searching for people. I can see several people with your real name PB but I don't know which one to invite because I can't tell from the profile pictures, or lack of. I think this is why I get lots of random invitations; because my photograph isn't next to my name.

The address registered to G+ is my Gmail one. I've just sent an invitation (using the invite option on the G+ site - red envelope icon on the right) to my Virgin account from myself to myself. The email which arrived came from a G+ no reply address so as far as I can see, you won't be giving your address away to all and sundry. If you still have my invitation email, LG, you could double check.

The downside is that you need your Facebook friends' email addresses to start with. FB used to store them if privacy setting allowed but for some reason I haven't been able to access any of that information since Google plus started letting people try it out a couple of months ago :lol:

Might be worth sending a group PM on here or on FB? Clunky, I know but a strictly DL circle might be handy. I was waiting for it to come out of beta then forgot all about it. I did create one when another DLer asked for an invitation and he's there all on his own at the moment!

Same here, I tried searching PB's real name and loads of them come up, you really have to think about changing your name PB, Nota Guest is so popular :).

That's why I changed my picture on there Bou to the same avatar I use on FB - Yogi. Means people can find me, so far half a dozen real life friends, one of whom is an ex boyfriend from when I was a teenager, eek!, have found me. Will check your original email Bou and let you know :) .

This has really creeped me out.

I've never had a Facebook page, but a couple of years ago we created accounts for our dogs, just for a laugh. My dog's page, apart from her sharing my surname (not a particularly uncommon name), had no information about me whatsoever, and no reference to where we live. She only ever had two human friends and a couple of other dogs known to us. Eventually I deactivated the account, as complete strangers kept asking to be friends and it got a bit tiresome (they probably thought it was a human of the same name).

Now someone has created a community page for the place where I live, and I wanted to have a gander at it. So I resurrected the dog's account, purely so I could have a look. And up came a list of people Facebook had collected that they "thought I might know", ie the dog might know .... they include a cousin of mine and her OH (who don't and never have shared my surname), they live a long way away and don't know anyone I know outside our family; a person who I worked with long, long ago, who now lives in another country and again, knows no one who would have been likely to search for or find the dog page; and various locals. Some of the locals would know the dog's name, but my cousin wouldn't, nor the old colleague. And none of them know the non-locals that have been dredged up.

So how the hell has Facebook managed to connect all these people together? I find it very sinister and rather worrying.

Back to Facebook, and more creepiness. I still don't - and won't - have a "proper" Facebook account but as mentioned above, you do need to have some sort of membership if you want to look at certain other pages. I've been looking at one such page and Facebook have interrupted demanding that I give them my phone number as a "security measure" so they can "verify" that I'm who I say I am (which I'm not, of course).

Like fuck I will. 11.gif

Same here, I tried searching PB's real name and loads of them come up, you really have to think about changing your name PB, Nota Guest is so popular :) .

I'm not using my real name. I'll PM you the name I'm using. (And it's NOT nota guest)

• Like 1

Same here, I tried searching PB's real name and loads of them come up, you really have to think about changing your name PB, Nota Guest is so popular :) .

I'm not using my real name. I'll PM you the name I'm using. (And it's NOT nota guest)

Everybody knows his/her real name is Heavan Can Wait...

OK, I found you and b. Both added.

I'm on G+ when I remember to be. :rip:

• Like 1