I'm on G+ when I remember to be. :rip:

I'll look you up.

Can't find you.

If your in a small town and meet someone you don't know get on face book and check friends of friends .Iam Adam if you can Adam and Eve it.

• Like 1

Dumb question probably - on Twitter on my phone, I can see all tweets (incoming and outgoing) for whoever I follow, but on my PC I can only see tweets the person sends, not receives - anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Frankie Boyle's profile picture on Twitter is the same as long-lost DL member The Pooka's on here. Just saying.

I noticed that too.

Me three, but I've 'unfriended' him.

I noticed that too.

It's all he deserves after what he wrote about Josie Long.

I noticed that too.

It's all he deserves after what he wrote about Josie Long.

I just find him incredibly boring now, almost the same old insults day in day out.

I can't remember if I told you guys this, and I can't be bothered to go back through my posts, so here goes. I went back to Facebook after a hiatus away from my family. My grandson has a page and that's where his mother puts all his pictures. If you want to friend me again and listen to all my wonderfully intelligent and insightful drivel in two places feel free. :)

I found the ubersecret DDP Twitter account. What do I win?

Stalker of the year award.

• Like 1

Facebook has come into it's own for me this weekend. My wee senile old dad had a fall on Friday and fractured his hip. My dad has a huge family and they are all very fond of him, he is 81 and has outlived most of his siblings, there were a lot, he has also outlived some of their children and some of their grandchildren too. When he had an operation in 2007 we spent days having to answer phone calls and emails giving updates on his condition, it was exhausting and we really didn't feel like it. This time I was able to just put up 3 simple status updates over Friday and Saturday on my Facebook page which my family, and my friends, could read and I knew we would not have to deal with phone calls wanting updates on him at all times of the day. My first one stated he had fallen and was being taken to hospital, the next one that he had fractured his hip and was being operated on at that time and the final one that the operation had been a success and he was awake and alert,although very confused.The family seem happy with that and my mum and I have had had time to deal with the shock of his fall and the resulting implications it may have without having to deal with lots of phone calls. I know they are well meaning but Friday night/Saturday was a nightmare and Sunday was hard, we are having to face up to the fact he may never come home again and if he does he will need a lot of support, we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

He banged up his face pretty badly too and his, not inconsiderable, nose is a little bit the worse for wear and is currently sporting some very nice sutures. We had to laugh though, while in Accident and Emergency on Friday night the doctor was examining his nose and told us 'it is bent, he may have displaced it', we had to explain it has always been bent, he was born with a bent nose, as are most of us in this family. We are Camerons and descended from the Cameron Clan. Cameron means 'crooked nose' in Gaelic, I am afraid that is one 'Highland Fault' that has carried through the generations!

I live in hope that my dad, Andy, comes home again.

• Like 1

Get well soon Andy.

Can I call him Andy ?, if not I am going to anyway :-)

• Like 1

Go well Lady G!

• Like 1

All the very best to you and your mum & dad, Lady G.

• Like 1

All the very best to you and your mum & dad, Lady G.

Me too LG. x

• Like 1

Ditto all that LG. Hold firm. All my best wishes for a speedy road to a good recovery for your dad.

• Like 1

Thank you all very, very much for your kind wishes about my dad and yes ,Yongle Emperor you can call him Andy, I have no problem with that. Andy is doing amazingly well physically,dementia is a problem, as always, but we have gained a lot of experience in how to deal with that in the last 10 months. My dad is charming the nurses and his fellow patients, most of whom are enjoying the ramblings of his memories than the day to day drudge of being on a hospital ward. Mum apologised to one of the other 'inmates' about how he would be kept awake by Dad, the gentleman replied 'not at all, your husband is keeping me entertained all night, I don't want to go home'. Despite being senile he can still tell a good story.

My post was not done to elicit sympathy for myself or my family, I, like my dad, ramble a bit but I am very aware there are far more people out there who deserve our sympathy. I simply wanted to draw attention to the fact that Facebook, despite its many, many faults can actually be used in a positive way.

• Like 1

Guest Shucky Ducky

I am gonna sign up for myspace this weekend. I will give you all my url to friend me once it is all set up.

I am gonna sign up for myspace this weekend. I will give you all my url to friend me once it is all set up.

Will you also be registering for the DL at the same time?

Will you also be registering for the DL at the same time?

Hopefully not.

• Haha 1