Vaagheid

George Lazenby

He's 68, could be a few miles on that liver!

you might think: what is that one-time bond from 1969 doing nowadays?

fooling his twitter followers into thinking this video from 11 years ago is new.

On 18 August 2008 at 20:09, Vaagheid said:

edit:

removed

Fucking twat.  Start a thread then remove it. 

4 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Fucking twat.  Start a thread then remove it. 

Iirc I think years back he wanted to quit the forums and as such edited all posts then because of it. Not what I would’ve done if I ever felt to leave the forum but to each their own

11 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Iirc I think years back he wanted to quit the forums and as such edited all posts then because of it. Not what I would’ve done if I ever felt to leave the forum but to each their own

Not sure anymore. But at the time i think i even asked Paul Bearer about the possibilities of removing my account.

Ah well i will be fixing the first post. Now it is very informative.

• Like 1

Although not a big Bond fan, I like OHMSS, though it gets a bit irritating at times with 'knowing' quips like "this never happened to the other feller!"

I always thought his marriage to retired tennis pro Pam Shriver was one of the more leftfield celebrity unions. 

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

Although not a big Bond fan, I like OHMSS, though it gets a bit irritating at times with 'knowing' quips like "this never happened to the other feller!"

I always thought his marriage to retired tennis pro Pam Shriver was one of the more leftfield celebrity unions. 

They had three children as well who are still teenagers. 

25 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

They had three children as well who are still teenagers. 

Every time I hear the name Pam Shriver, this image comes into my head, all the time, every time.

p-ses-big-bird.jpg

I liked him as James Bond although there is a sad irony that his agent convinced him that Bond would not survive through the 1970s so he quit thinking he made it as a film star only to end up still living off that one outing as Bond 50 years later. 

I wish he did Diamonds are Forever. It would have been a revenge film following up On Her Majesty's Secret Service rather than the totally unmemorable story with Connery returning and putting in a half-hearted effort. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

Worth noting he was the first to step into Connery's shoes, which is easy to forget. They weren't sure whether fans would readily accept another actor playing the role, so quips like that were supposed to be a wink to the audience that they're acknowledging it's not quite the same. I like OHMSS, Diana Rigg is a cracking Bond girl and the plot is a good one. Then Connery came back and avenged Tracy's death in the pre-credit sequence and that was that. :mellow:

2 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Pam Shriver wasn’t a lesbian? Wow, every day's a school day round here.

31 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Worth noting he was the first to step into Connery's shoes, which is easy to forget. They weren't sure whether fans would readily accept another actor playing the role, so quips like that were supposed to be a wink to the audience that they're acknowledging it's not quite the same. I like OHMSS, Diana Rigg is a cracking Bond girl and the plot is a good one. Then Connery came back and avenged Tracy's death in the pre-credit sequence and that was that. :mellow:

They did keep referencing it through the Moore era - watch the scene in Spy Who Loved Me where a single reference to her death makes Bond pale. And not how Moore's Bond goes fucking apeshit whenever a bad guy threatens a woman.

Lazenby seems like a decent enough chap, but OHMSS (a decent enough film lifted up by the awesome Diana Rigg, oh yes!!!) is pretty solid proof he couldn't act for toffee, and him quitting the role (or getting sacked, depending who you listen to) is a fairly big reason the Bond films didn't die out in the 70s. (I know the joke was Roger Moore couldn't act either, but that's rubbish - he had a very sparse acting style but he's very good at repressed middle aged stuff in films like The Man Who Haunted Himself. Although I would say that, he's my favourite Bond.)

• Like 1

lazenby.png.798dd0c5956b3303edacbc2af85044c6.pngE-EXCN3XoAMNscw.thumb.jpg.34a282f02a9f05b0b326ce7512f97f4f.jpg'

82 today. Some new pictures above, the first one is from May and the second one from around five days ago.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Looking well. Will probably follow Connery and Moore in making the 90 mark 

Roger Moore was 89.

Looks pretty damn good at 82. I've read that there are some references to George's Bond movie in the new movie. Nice recognition of a great film and it's come full circle after EON spent years pretending OHMSS never happened when he faded into obscurity. 

15 hours ago, anonymous said:

Looks pretty damn good at 82. I've read that there are some references to George's Bond movie in the new movie. Nice recognition of a great film and it's come full circle after EON spent years pretending OHMSS never happened when he faded into obscurity. 

Big dose of OHMSS in this film. Particularly one iconic song.

George Lazenby offending fellow Aussies, on a Music of James Bond tour.

• Shocked 1

Quite surely bullshit, but he was reported dead on Wikipedia.

1 minute ago, drol said:

Quite surely bullshit, but he was reported dead on Wikipedia.

I checked his official website when reports started yesterday and nada.

I'd be very surprised that social media got to this news before mainstream press.

It was already denied by his manager.

• Like 3