Saint Peter

Jane Goodie

Still I'd rather be sharing a cell with Atkins than Goody...

I'd probably agree were it not for the fact that Atkins became "born-again." I can cope with thick chavs more than I can cope with sanctimonious "Christians."

I wonder if Goody will find God.

I'd probably agree were it not for the fact that Atkins became "born-again." I can cope with thick chavs more than I can cope with sanctimonious "Christians."

I wonder if Goody will find God.

She's certainly on the way to meeting him Hands...

I may be out of step here but isnt it just a little bit off to be gawping at the death throes of a young woman (under 30) who is clearly dying and terrified of doing so? A young girl who will leave her young Children to grow up without their mummy, and a Mother who will have to bury her own daughter.

The Norman Wisdoms and Winehouses of Celebdom are there to be shot at, the aged and the self inflicted are fair game but this is one young girl, as thick and as hideous as she may be, who really doesnt deserve to have her corpse wanked over before she is cold in the ground.

Its all rather sad.

I have a certain amount of sympathy for her, she's annoying as hell sure, but she's no Susan Atkins, and Atkins and other murderers aside, I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone.

I agree with you both H and LFN, it's desperately sad that such a young girl is undoubtedly going to die in the near future and she leaves behind 2 very young children, yes she has become a media whore, but who put her in that position in the first place, she's certainly not very bright and, in my opinion, has been manipulated by those around her to keep her in the spotlight, she's made money from it sure, but so have they. Her appearance on CBB and her bigotted comments were understandably reviled and I have no time for her, but I wouldn't wish her illness(es?) on my worst enemy, no one deserves that. If she, or those around her, chooses to leak daily information about her treatment to the tabloids, that's their prerogative, plenty of other 'celebs' do it too, and perhaps it's just that it means there will be more money left to her kids to secure their future, just my opinion though.

I keep getting this awful recurring thought its going to have its death screened live on Channel 4 or sell the photo rights to Hello! magazine

That would possibly be the funniest thing of 2009.

Windsor: you might get your wish after all :)

I keep getting this awful recurring thought its going to have its death screened live on Channel 4 or sell the photo rights to Hello! magazine

I'm actually quite sickened by that. And it also reinforces my view that, as far as this thread and DL is concerned, she's fair game.

Jade Goody has made a shitload of money in the last few years - books, perfume, TV, magazines - you cannot tell me that 'she needs the money' - I'm damn sure she has a savvy accountant who, even before she became ill, will have invested her money wisely and made sure her boys would want for nothing should anything happen to her or their father (who has a little TV career of his own so isn't exactly skint).

That TV company are simply in it for the money and ratings. They couldn't give a crap about her, all they want is to make sure they get the juiciest footage - and she's going along with it. Her whole life for the last 6 odd years has been played out on a TV screen - and now she is sinking to the lowest of the low by letting them film her as she dies. And what memories of her will her children have? In her last months, it will be of TV cameras, when, in my humble opinion as a mother, she should be spending as much time as possible in private with her children.

And I can hear the protestations 'oh but if it were you, wouldn't you do it all for your kids' - of course, I would try to make sure they had the best they could have - but I'd like to think that I've brought my children up to know that money isn't the be all and end all - it's the love, time and energy you spend on your kids that is important, and I'd also want to leave them with memories of a dignified mother who spent quality time with them before it was too late - not getting my chemo-ravaged features plastered over every TV screen and magazine cover I could find.

Windsor: you might get your wish after all :) [/font][/size]

"Friends say all her thoughts are now focused on not despairing despite the disease spreading to her liver, bowel and groin"

Dodgy kebab, anyone?

I'm actually quite sickened by that. And it also reinforces my view that, as far as this thread and DL is concerned, she's fair game.

Jade Goody has made a shitload of money in the last few years - books, perfume, TV, magazines - you cannot tell me that 'she needs the money' - I'm damn sure she has a savvy accountant who, even before she became ill, will have invested her money wisely and made sure her boys would want for nothing should anything happen to her or their father (who has a little TV career of his own so isn't exactly skint).

That TV company are simply in it for the money and ratings. They couldn't give a crap about her, all they want is to make sure they get the juiciest footage - and she's going along with it. Her whole life for the last 6 odd years has been played out on a TV screen - and now she is sinking to the lowest of the low by letting them film her as she dies. And what memories of her will her children have? In her last months, it will be of TV cameras, when, in my humble opinion as a mother, she should be spending as much time as possible in private with her children.

And I can hear the protestations 'oh but if it were you, wouldn't you do it all for your kids' - of course, I would try to make sure they had the best they could have - but I'd like to think that I've brought my children up to know that money isn't the be all and end all - it's the love, time and energy you spend on your kids that is important, and I'd also want to leave them with memories of a dignified mother who spent quality time with them before it was too late - not getting my chemo-ravaged features plastered over every TV screen and magazine cover I could find.

An early contender for Post of the Year IMHO, and a reminder that we're not all sick ghouls hereabouts.

Her contract with Living ends next month

Do they know something we don't know?

I thought her name was Jade... :)

The admins obviously thought the onslaught of ranter fire and the naming and outing of the Grim Reaper after Paul Hunter's death was avoidable. We all know who we're talking about.

She's the media whore - her children aren't. Regardless of what she is, her children will lose their mother. Feel for them.

The admins obviously thought the onslaught of ranter fire and the naming and outing of the Grim Reaper after Paul Hunter's death was avoidable. We all know who we're talking about.

I have just been reading the Paul Hunter topic. Wow.

No, I don't know. Who???

Peter Falk is suffering from Alzheimer's disease.

Does this mean he is condemned to wander the threads like a lost soul?

Back with Jade Goody I agree with Lardy. Living and dying in front of the cameras is pretty tawdry. It might buy some financial security for her children but at what a price? Unfortunately it will probably mean that someone will film her life story. It's the kind of thing that Hollywood has fictionalised in the Truman Show so they would love to get their hands on a death wrung out for every ounce of media potential. She is virtually owned by Murdoch. That bastard knows that people will hoover up the Goody coverage and say how terrible it all is, while they read and watch a bit more. It's like the Elephant Man for a modern audience.

It looks like there's some controversial websites out there.

Like this one

She's the media whore - her children aren't. Regardless of what she is, her children will lose their mother. Feel for them.

Feel for them that have her for a mother in the first place...

(That's such a cheap knock, I wouldn't be able to give it away...)

It looks like there's some controversial websites out there.

Like this one

Well I bet that they just multiplied that website's popularity by a huge factor. Surely by now everyone's heard of the Streisand effect. An effort to shut it down is all but certain to be doomed to failure and, even it were, there will be more mirrors of it than they can ever control.

It's hypocritical bullshit too. If you really think it is "a sick website" then why not only give it publicity (and paste the damn link in the middle of the article, so that even people too lazy to do a simple Google search can find it), but then profit off of it by selling the story in your magazine? Wouldn't that make you even sicker?

Man, that's twice in a row that I've been pissed off at something I really shouldn't have been surprised at with the news.

I cant find it.

Do i want to or is it really bad?

I cant find it.

Do i want to or is it really bad?

Its a bit butchered because of the ranters, but it should be around somewhere...

Here you are!

Butchery and closing of the thread was an urgent priority since one aggrieved ranter repeatedly posted name and address details of the founder of the Deathlist. Boy, that guy must've liked his snooker a lot.

Of course, it's all calm and dignified on the Deathlist these days. I think we've seen the last of those ranter and our clever Jane Goody style ruses will hide us forever from their ire, or summat.

I suspect Jade Goody will not garner the same level of sympathy as Paul Hunter, so I'd be surprised if there

are any ranters, unless it's the editor of Heat magazine or something...

The admins obviously thought the onslaught of ranter fire and the naming and outing of the Grim Reaper after Paul Hunter's death was avoidable.

I suspect Jade Goody will not garner the same level of sympathy as Paul Hunter, so I'd be surprised if there

are any ranters, unless it's the editor of Heat magazine or something...

It doesn't make a blind bit of difference what her thread is called. Even if we took out a full page ad in the Sun saying Deathlist Prays that Media Slut Goody Dies in Agony, developments in search engineology (I believe that's the technical term) combined with the latest spammer-avoiding guest log-in fiddliness means there'd still be little or no angry punter traffic here.

Doherty? O'Sullivan? Dunn? Nope, none of them. Sadly, the Day of the Ranter is well and truly over.

Incidentally, it's apt that the thread was (presumably) accidentally mistitled by Saint Peter, since Ms Goody is infamous for her own difficulty in recalling names.

the latest spammer-avoiding guest log-in fiddliness means there'd still be little or no angry punter traffic here. ... Sadly, the Day of the Ranter is well and truly over.

"Confirm Code

Please enter the 6 character code shown in the image. If you cannot read the code, click the image to generate a new one. Case sensitive. "

The average ranter wouldn't be able to read the code, let alone transcribe it error free. Even if they managed that, the clincher is the final sentence -- a condition no ranter could possibly comply with. THEY ONLY EVER TYPE SHOUTING!