Saint Peter

Jane Goodie

Room lovely, look you.

And there's a controversial cleric involved, and her hubby has had his assualt curfew specially lifted for the wedding. Car crash telly to the bitter end, which will probably be the interview with Piers Morgan.

Room lovely, look you.

And there's a controversial cleric involved, and her hubby has had his assualt curfew specially lifted for the wedding. Car crash telly to the bitter end, which will probably be the interview with Piers Morgan.

As opposed to this paper which says he hasn't had his curfew lifted. Now, who to believe - The Sun or The Daily Mail.....what a choice.

According to t'Sun.....

"Her estate will be in Jack’s name for seven years to avoid inheritance tax before it goes to sons Bobby, five, and Freddie, four, The Sun can reveal. "

Holding money on behalf of children is normally called a "trust", and there are tax implications with trusts. Whereas leaving your whole estate to a spouse, regardless of size (of estate, not spouse) is exempt from tax. So this isn't a marriage for tax reasons then, is it?

Of course, in seven years' time once Jack has graciously donated the vast fortune which will be legally HIS money (and which he won't have squandered on wild living or spent on the next woman he ends up with) to Jade's (not his) kids, he will have to make sure he stays alive for a further seven years otherwise Mr Taxman will come knocking...

Maybe I'm just getting cynical.

Overheard at Brunton Park today as Carlisle huffed and puffed and consistently failed to hit the target:

'Her head looks like an egg and she'll be in a box by Easter.'

and

'Bet she looks like a shuttlecock in her wedding dress.'

At the risk of getting blasted into oblivion here, I have to point out the silver lining in the dark cloud that is this young woman.

If her plight has in fact caused more British women to get Pap smears and pelvic exams done it's not all bad.

According to t'Sun.....

"Her estate will be in Jack’s name for seven years to avoid inheritance tax before it goes to sons Bobby, five, and Freddie, four, The Sun can reveal. "

Holding money on behalf of children is normally called a "trust", and there are tax implications with trusts. Whereas leaving your whole estate to a spouse, regardless of size (of estate, not spouse) is exempt from tax. So this isn't a marriage for tax reasons then, is it?

Of course, in seven years' time once Jack has graciously donated the vast fortune which will be legally HIS money (and which he won't have squandered on wild living or spent on the next woman he ends up with) to Jade's (not his) kids, he will have to make sure he stays alive for a further seven years otherwise Mr Taxman will come knocking...

Maybe I'm just getting cynical.

Yes I can't see what's going to make him stay with the kids once she's gone, they are not his after all. Surely the real father has some rights in this (or would do if it was somewhere else other than the UK).

Jade Goody is getting a lot of attention in America now...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090222/ap_on_..._tv_star_cancer

Luckily Fred Phelp's Westboro Baptist Church has been banned from entering the UK.

That would be a fun funeral to picket...

I refuse to read anything about all this hype...but the destination of the Goody Millions is quite interesting.....

Surely the father of the kids (who isnt the bloke shes married?) gets custody ? I've no idea who he is...but I'm sure he will quickly wake up to the financial possibilities . However if she leaves it all to her husband (she doesn't even need to leave it...its automatic isn't it ? ) , aren't the kids going to get nothing ? Ex lover is left with kids he doesn't want...and no money....all rather amusing....

Could someone with a bit more knowledge than me explain the likely outcome ?

I refuse to read anything about all this hype...but the destination of the Goody Millions is quite interesting.....

Surely the father of the kids (who isnt the bloke shes married?) gets custody ? I've no idea who he is...but I'm sure he will quickly wake up to the financial possibilities . However if she leaves it all to her husband (she doesn't even need to leave it...its automatic isn't it ? ) , aren't the kids going to get nothing ? Ex lover is left with kids he doesn't want...and no money....all rather amusing....

The birth father is Jeff Braizer. He is like a Z lister celebrity who would be unknown were it not for Jade. He used to do kids TV, but has most recently turned to reality TV (a show called the farm). If I remember correctly he also did Celebrity wife swap.

Wouldn't surprise me if he does make moves to get the cash - especially if Jack ends up back in prison.

The birth father is Jeff Braizer. He is like a Z lister celebrity who would be unknown were it not for Jade. He used to do kids TV, but has most recently turned to reality TV (a show called the farm). If I remember correctly he also did Celebrity wife swap.

Wouldn't surprise me if he does make moves to get the cash - especially if Jack ends up back in prison.

So this "Jeff Brazier" chap would appear to be quite an important piece of the jigsaw . I guess he has to remain quiet until the sad day when Jade passes on.....but presumably he will be front page Sun material the day after ?

Cant she put all the money in a trust for the kids ? I'm no expert on tax law , but with a bit of help , she can pay a minimum amount in tax surely ? If she wants the cash to go to the kids , I'm sure she could do it.....does she really think the jail-bird hubby should inherit it all ?

I could be way off the mark here...but I've got a feeling that our Jade isn't the brightest light in the bulb - set......

I probably should read the papers...I bet all this has been discussed to death already.......

Guest Armitage Shanks
Well that f*****g told me, didnt it.

Right, what are the odds that she doesnt see out February :lol:

"Calling Armitage Shanks!!"

Oh my good Lord! Betting on the timing of a lovely young woman's demise? That's absolutely disgraceful.

6/4 April, 2/1 May, 4/1 March, 8/1 June, 14/1 bar.

Come Racing!!!

q705123677_2731.jpg

Guest Who really gives a fuck

Is she dead yet?

Christ, by this time next week she'll be deified like Princess Di...

Is she dead yet?

In the sense that they are both stupid slappers who will be taken before their time?

Guest Who really gives a fuck
Is she dead yet?

In the sense that they are both stupid slappers who will be taken before their time?

In the sense that for some godknows reason she seems to be a darling of the media

and is the subject of a wholly disproportionate outpouring of public grief...

Well, she's made the eurozone now so world domination can't be far off. Quite unbelievable.

Amusingly, comments about the media frenzy surounding her have surfaced on the letters page in The Daily Mail this morning...

With one letter actually stating that if she really wanted to do something special to promote Cancer Charities she

could have organised a raffle, utilising premium rate telephone entry, predicting the time and date of her death...

Made me laugh anyway...

Oh and hello... long time lurker, newly registered poster... Be gentle!

Hello longtime lurker, re that comment on the letters page, this site saw the commercial potential of her ill health ages ago. Not sure the profits are gannin' to cancer research, mind.

Guest Swamp Thing

Is it possible that the whole thing is a scam or at the very least she is exaggerating the extent of her illness ? strange how just after pocketing £1m there are signs already of a possible miracle recovery from the jaws of death and think of the tens of millions that she will make if she does recover, hmmmmmmmmmmm

NEWLYWED Jade Goody is having sessions with a spiritual healer in the hope her prayers for a miracle are answered.

\The terminally-ill star, 27, prays alternative therapy can prolong her life and provide the breakthrough she so desperately craves.

And we can reveal positive signs are already emerging.

Jade revealed yesterday, just 24 hours after marrying Jack Tweed, that her con-dition took an immediate positive turn after the first session with a mystery New Age “healing hands” spiritualist.

***TO HEAR ABOUT JADE'S WEDDING CLICK HERE***

And his actions had such a profound effect medics are talking up the prospects of restarting chemotherapy to stop her cancer spreading

Is it possible that the whole thing is a scam or at the very least she is exaggerating the extent of her illness ? strange how just after pocketing £1m there are signs already of a possible miracle recovery from the jaws of death and think of the tens of millions that she will make if she does recover, hmmmmmmmmmmm

NEWLYWED Jade Goody is having sessions with a spiritual healer in the hope her prayers for a miracle are answered.

\The terminally-ill star, 27, prays alternative therapy can prolong her life and provide the breakthrough she so desperately craves.

Jade revealed yesterday, just 24 hours after marrying Jack Tweed, that her con-dition took an immediate positive turn after the first session with a mystery New Age “healing hands” spiritualist.

And his actions had such a profound effect medics are talking up the prospects of restarting chemotherapy to stop her cancer spreading

I don't think so. Would the hospital really be party to such a big scam? If it was exaggerated, someone on the hospital staff would have leaked it to the papers by now.

I haven't been following this with great attention. Has she stopped any forms of radiation therapy and chemo drugs? If so perhaps that's what is making her more bright and chirpy, the fact she isn't being knocked for six everyday.

At the risk of getting blasted into oblivion here, I have to point out the silver lining in the dark cloud that is this young woman.

If her plight has in fact caused more British women to get Pap smears and pelvic exams done it's not all bad.

CarolAnn, you have a point. I still can't get over the fact that in this country women don't have a smear until the age of 25... and then every three years, and by their doctor's nurse.

In other countries where I lived, including Argentina, you are checked once a year from the moment you become sexually active. And you are checked by a gynaecologist, not a nurse.

Same with mammograms. I was told by my gynaecologist back in Vienna in 2000 that it was about time I had one done. I moved to the UK shortly after, and when I told this to my GP she said that I had to wait until the age of 55 WTF? Is it me, or most women who get breast cancer are dead by 55?

And when I said this to my GP, instead of her saying "I know, but the NHS can't afford if. If you can, I suggest you pay for it privately" she replied "well, they are ALL wrong (The doctors in the US, Argentina, Austria) and we are right. There is no need to have these checks earlier or more often. ;)

CarolAnn, you have a point. I still can't get over the fact that in this country women don't have a smear until the age of 25... and then every three years, and by their doctor's nurse.

In other countries where I lived, including Argentina, you are checked once a year from the moment you become sexually active. And you are checked by a gynaecologist, not a nurse.

Same with mammograms. I was told by my gynaecologist back in Vienna in 2000 that it was about time I had one done. I moved to the UK shortly after, and when I told this to my GP she said that I had to wait until the age of 55 WTF? Is it me, or most women who get breast cancer are dead by 55?

And when I said this to my GP, instead of her saying "I know, but the NHS can't afford if. If you can, I suggest you pay for it privately" she replied "well, they are ALL wrong (The doctors in the US, Argentina, Austria) and we are right. There is no need to have these checks earlier or more often. ;)

I think it's something to do with younger breast tissue being denser (less saggy) thus it's difficult to detect tumours accurately and a significant ("insert random statistic here") number are missed giving false reassurance. That and as we know radiation can actually induce cancer so perhaps younger/premenopausal women are more susceptible to ionising radiation?. I'm sure wikipedia has the answers, as always, should someone care to search for the true reasons. There is of course another suggestion, perhaps doctors are making the assumption that those over 55 aren't getting regular touchy feely sessions so they don the latex gloves and take the honour.

I don't think so. Would the hospital really be party to such a big scam? If it was exaggerated, someone on the hospital staff would have leaked it to the papers by now.

Maybe they're all in in together. Everyone has a price...