Sign in to follow this  
DevonDeathTrip

Gerry Rafferty

Not looking good for Gerry Rafferty

Gerry Rafferty wasn't even on tour – his last public performance was a good half decade ago. Instead the 61-year-old singer-songwriter quietly booked himself into a five-star London hotel and four days later allegedly left a violated room soaked in blood and urine. By all accounts a quiet guest, who kept himself to himself, his stay was halted when cleaners finally gained access to his suite - although the hotel manager claimed that instances of Rafferty relieving himself in unlikely corners of the hotel were also causing distress for the other residents. The 'Baker Street' composer was later admitted to St Thomas's hospital to be treated for liver problems, but he disappeared, leaving behind his clothes and luggage. On Friday, it was reported that hospital staff had filed a missing persons report with police.

That was on August 2nd, I don't think he's been located yet. This is such exciting news, that I was going to start a thread in his honour, but I managed to contain myself.

Post from TAFKAG -

That was on August 2nd, I don't think he's been located yet. This is such exciting news, that I was going to start a thread in his honour, but I managed to contain myself.

Maybe he'll be spotted winding his way haphazardly down on Baker Street?

Post from Maryportfuncity -

Gerry Rafferty wasn't even on tour – his last public performance was a good half decade ago. Instead the 61-year-old singer-songwriter quietly booked himself into a five-star London hotel and four days later allegedly left a violated room soaked in blood and urine. By all accounts a quiet guest, who kept himself to himself, his stay was halted when cleaners finally gained access to his suite - although the hotel manager claimed that instances of Rafferty relieving himself in unlikely corners of the hotel were also causing distress for the other residents. The 'Baker Street' composer was later admitted to St Thomas's hospital to be treated for liver problems, but he disappeared, leaving behind his clothes and luggage. On Friday, it was reported that hospital staff had filed a missing persons report with police.

Chancey mind, I mean, we could pick him for the CPDP only for him to turn up dead and decayed to the point he'd obviously died before Sept 1st. Let's hope they locate him this month. :excl: :excl:

Thought I might start a thread on the 'Baker Street' legend as he has been missing for over a month now...

Here's an article on his troubles...

Stuck in a battle with booze

merged the previous posts into your thread TMIB, hope you don't mind. I've managed to accidententally merge 3 members posts into 1, so if an admin can sort it I'd be grateful, else I'll have to edit it and show who said what, sorry - LG

Edited by Lady Grendel

Thought I might start a thread on the 'Baker Street' legend as he has been missing for over a month now...

Here's an article on his troubles...

Stuck in a battle with booze

Bob Holness knows where he is.

Isn't that just a popular misconception?

Isn't that just a popular misconception?

Of course. It's such a lovely one, though.

I reckon he's dead already.

Bob Holness?

Well, he was a bit wooden when presenting Blockbusters and can only have gone downhill from there... <_<

I reckon he's dead already.

Bob Holness?

Well, he was a bit wooden when presenting Blockbusters and can only have gone downhill from there... <_<

Those of us that have him in our CPDP 'Theme Team' can live in hope, bet you never knew Bob played James Bond :lol: .

Last words of Mr.Rafferty after first being admitted to St.Thomas Hospital for chirosis...er, liver problems-apparently he was able to predict the future as can be readily read in verse one: (cue the music please):

Well, I don't know why I came here tonight

I got a feelin' that something ain't right

I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair

And I'm wonderin' how I'll get down those stairs

Clowns to left of me, jokers to the right

Here I am stuck in the middle with you

Yes, I'm stuck in the middle with you

And I'm wonderin' what it is I should do

It's so hard to keep this smile from my face

Losin' control, I'm all over the place

Well, you started off with nothing

And you're proud that you're a self-made man

And your friends they all come calling

Slap you on the back and say

Please, please

Well, I'm stuck in the middle with you

And I'm wonderin' what it is I should do

Is it cool to go to sleep on the floor?

I don't think that I can take it anymore

[break]

Well, you started off with nothing

And you're proud that you're a self-made man

And your friends they all come crawling

Slap you on the back and say

Please, please

Well, I don't know why I came here tonight

I got a feelin' that something ain't right

I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair

And I'm wonderin' how I'll get down those stairs

Yes, I'm stuck in the middle with you

Stuck in the middle with you

I always loved Stealers Wheel and the soothing voice of Gerry Rafferty. And now on a personal note, as one who has battle my own demons with a fellow from Bombay and a chap named Gordon (among others in the Gin familY) I figure he figured it was hopeless and exited the hospital (I figured that by reading the first post) and after that who knows. A walk to the local river and either a suicidal or accidental fall in while detoxifying. Maybe he just walked off-apparently either naked or in hospital garb and will turn up again soon for the sake of all that either liked or loved him and/or his music.

• Like 1

Gerry Rafferty is fleetingly mentioned in this week's Spectator magazine, apparently he was spotted buying whisky in Harrods several weeks after he vanished from hospital.

I red that Spectator article too.

Most recent phot i could find of him

gerry_jammies.gif

gerry_jammies.gif

Given his incontinence problem once he's on the whisky I'm not sure about that white suit.

Gerry Rafferty is fleetingly mentioned in this week's Spectator magazine, apparently he was spotted buying whisky in Harrods several weeks after he vanished from hospital.

Harrods???? Isn't that that expensive store over in Londonville? What type of idiot drunkard is he? A proper drunkard knows to buy his liver brine from the low cost bins (labels torn or missing) at the lower class liquor stores. Or don't they have liquor stores in England?

gerry_jammies.gif

I shall miss sauteed shallots with scallops and Gerry as welll.

Hopefully they will find him soon-maybe playing music in the local underground stations.

At any rate my M, my D, and some other keys are stickking since I spilled the syrup and my u and o are still popping off and after a browse around I will pop out of here again.

Harrods???? Isn't that that expensive store over in Londonville? What type of idiot drunkard is he? A proper drunkard knows to buy his liver brine from the low cost bins (labels torn or missing) at the lower class liquor stores. Or don't they have liquor stores in England?

gerry_jammies.gif

Hopefully they will find him soon-maybe playing music in the local underground stations.

At any rate my M, my D, and some other keys are stickking since I spilled the syrup and my u and o are still popping off and after a browse around I will pop out of here again.

BRUNO!!

Tarry awhile and engage in banter, good to see you.

gerry_jammies.gif

BRUNO!!

Tarry awhile and engage in banter, good to see you.

Eugh!! Someone tell me where the blood came from please??

If I put him on a team next year can I claim a unique pickled bonus?

Guest ATS
If I put him on a team next year can I claim a unique pickled bonus?

A BandB in Bournemouth!! Most definitely on a suicide trip then

In a solicitors' statement, Rafferty said he was still composing and hoped to release an album this year

Smacks of John Martyn's plans, just before he died. Let's remember, they treated Gerry for liver FAILURE, which is never good and - so far as I can see - that failed liver is still in his body and he's not stopped drinking.

In a solicitors' statement, Rafferty said he was still composing and hoped to release an album this year

Smacks of John Martyn's plans, just before he died. Let's remember, they treated Gerry for liver FAILURE, which is never good and - so far as I can see - that failed liver is still in his body and he's not stopped drinking.

Mary, just admit it.

Him being found alive has really pissed on your chips! :)

Mary, just admit it.

Him being found alive has really pissed on your chips! :)

Aye, the chips are slightly less appetising I will admit. But he IS alive (I'd have been well chippy/pissed-off if a belated report of his death in 2008 had emerged), and he IS a chronic alchie with liver trouble and an obit ready and waiting at a few national papers, and it IS only mid-February. Bear in mind, they never treated John Martyn for liver failure. Martyn appeared healthier than Rafferty. GR remains a very ill body topped with a very fragile mind, his death would not be a great surprise.