DevonDeathTrip

Fleetwood Mac

Why hasn't anyone from Fleetwood Mac died yet? It's not right and proper for an iconic 60s group to have a 0% death rate.

The three mad guitarists, Spencer, Green and Kirwan all live, Fleetwood and McVie are still plodding along, Steve Nicks survived taking enough drugs to kill a whole girl band, not even any of their many less illustrious former members have kicked the bucket.

Suggestions for the first one to tango in to the goodnight? I think it will be Danny Kirwan, who was living as a vagrant at one point, but is now believed to be spending his days in warden controlled sheltered accomodation.

• Like 1

I'll vote for religious nutcase and alleged paedo Jeremy Spencer.

Incidentally, John and Mick were also in John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, another seemingly hardy band - only three dead ex-members out of about 25. Woke up this mornin'...

Given the grim reaper's often perverse pleasures it'll probably be Lindsay Buckingham first dead, maybe tripping as he dismounts his exercise bike and drowning in a nearby bowl of Muesli.

Don't underestimate the power of cocaine to weaken heart muscle and bring about a sudden exit for Mr McVie, Fleetwood, or Nicks, though.

BBC Four is having a short blues season in late April/early May and 2nd May sees a mini-Mac evening, with a new Peter Green documentary, a Rock Family Tree edition and some Bluesbreakers stuff.

Don't expect any Tango in the Night.

Tusk, tusk! You've been listening to rumours

BBC Four is having a short blues season in late April/early May and 2nd May sees a mini-Mac evening, with a new Peter Green documentary, a Rock Family Tree edition and some Bluesbreakers stuff.

Sorry DDT, despite an abundance of chrome domes and grey beards, pretty much all of Mac Mk I looked hale and hearty. Green and Spencer seemed surprisingly sane as well. Producer Mike Vernon, John Mayall and ex-roadie/tour manager Dennis Keane also in good form, and all had hair.

The only one missing was Danny Kirwan.

I'm trying to think who McVie reminds me of - snooker loopy John Virgo, perhaps?

Sorry DDT, despite an abundance of chrome domes and grey beards, pretty much all of Mac Mk I looked hale and hearty. Green and Spencer seemed surprisingly sane as well. Producer Mike Vernon, John Mayall and ex-roadie/tour manager Dennis Keane also in good form, and all had hair.

I'm trying to think who McVie reminds me of - snooker loopy John Virgo, perhaps?

When the cocaine was getting passed around in the 1970s, was McVie asking "Where's the White going?"

...I'll get me coat!

Singer, guitarist and one time member of Fleetwood Mac, Billy Burnette, is recovering after undergoing quintuple heart bypass surgery.

Guest Never on Sunday

According to the professors at wikipedia he was only with the band a short time, caused turmoil by having an affair with Fleetwood's wife, thus paving the way for his biggest accomplishment - making room to bring Buckingham and Nicks into the band. Best thing he or Fleetwood Mac ever did.

Guitarist Bob Welch shot himself at the age of 65

So that's three gone in ten months. And they were all called Bob. :ninja:

So that's three gone in ten months. And they were all called Bob. :ninja:

Less than that. just 8 months. Bob Brunning died in October last year

Procrastinating and deciding to not study for my exams, I decided to compile a list of living members of Fleetwood:

Peter Green (schizophrenia) - 65

Jeremy Spencer - 63

Mick Fleetwood (diabetes) - 64

John McVie - 66

Danny Kirwan (mentall illness, beleived to be related to Peter Green's, as in they had some crazy acid back in the day) - 62

Christine McVie - 68

Dave Walker - 67

Lindsey Buckingham - 62

Stevie Nicks - 64

Rick Vito - 62

Billy Burnette - 59

Dave Mason - 66

(Bekka Bramlet is only 44, so I mean...)

None of them are that praticulary old, but they've been dropping like flies lately.

Just posted on their Facebook page: they've cancelled the Australian and New Zealand leg of their world tour as John McVie's been diagnosed with cancer

Oh Dear...

Lucky me watching them live 3 weeks ago!!! It was fantastic!

Get well soon, John!!!

When the cocaine was getting passed around in the 1970s, was McVie asking "Where's the White going?"

Up Stevie Nicks' bum.