DevonDeathTrip

Fleetwood Mac

1 hour ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

The guy from sh*t New Zealand band Crowded House is replacing him.

"It's Only Natural"

3 minutes ago, En Passant said:

"It's Only Natural"

So Mac fired Buckingham, and he assumed the gig was up, but the rest of band went: "Aha, don't dream it's over!"

3 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

The guy from sh*t New Zealand band Crowded House is replacing him.

I thought the guy from sh*t New Zealand band Split Enz is replacing him.

Ok, so,

Mick Fleetwood says to Neil Finn "I Got You" if he's referring to Split Enz and as above if Crowded House since the bloke was in both.

NZ has to recycle such talent though more than one band.

Also the guitarist from Tom Petty's band since Tom won't be needing him anymore.

Seen all them posts above but Buckingham is the most conspiciously healthy of the Rumours band, right?

Egos, money etc. etc. though they'll happily get out and tour the hits he wrote.

1 hour ago, ObakeFilter said:

You don't know how much I hummed and hawed about picking a Fleetwood Mac member for my ToTP team this year.

In the end, I thought I couldn't pick them all and one would be favouritism (and I'd probably pick the wrong one!) so I didn't bother. I'll regret this train of thought maybe....

Given the industrial scale of coke consumption during the bands glory days it's amazing it took this long for one of them to have heart surgery. Wouldn't have had my money on Buckingham, personally. Stevie Nicks is tiny so she was ingesting powerful drugs into a lot less body weight.

Well @millwall32 John McVie has been on a smattering of DPs for maybe 5 years now, what with a cancer diagnosis and all.  I made the smarmy comment on the DP I run that we've all been picking the wrong member of FMac.  In fact despite @YoungWillz angst about Buckingham I am certain he would have logically chosen 'the wrong one' and gone with McVie.  Who wouldn't have?

And btw when you say next to go -- sounds like you've already determined Buckingham Nixed.
SC

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

And btw when you say next to go -- sounds like you've already determined Buckingham Nixed.
SC

Surviving the first month is a bit tricky, but his odds of living are still very good.  After that, he should be golden for 10 more years at least ( or at least the same as any coke-sniffing 70 year old rocker who hasn't had open heart surgery).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Peter Green, co-founder and guitarist dead aged 73.

Oh shit.

Oh well.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, msc said:

Oh shit.

Don't ask him what he thinks of you, he won't be able to give the answer you want him to.

Sad... While I like the Buckingham period very much, the Green Era was always on my list still to check out. Maybe now is a good time.