DevonDeathTrip

Fleetwood Mac

Probably the one who did the least drugs and booze in the whole band. RIP.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Really shocked about her death. As others before me have written, she had such an enormous influence over the succes of Fleetwood Mac, both in songwriting and her vocals. Had you asked me to predict who would be the last one standing of the main line up, I'd have said Christine without a second thought only this afternoon. Really the end of an era, could see Buckingham and another one of the classic line up go in the next couple of years. But for now, I'll just honour this wonderful musician, songwriter and human being. RIP Christine :(

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

No fucking way!

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

image.png

image.png

Stevie Nicks pays tribute:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

So I guess I'm the only one here who deosn't like Fleetwood Mac? Thought their music was pretty lame.

• Facepalm 2

6 hours ago, DaDeathGuy said:

So I guess I'm the only one here who deosn't like Fleetwood Mac? Thought their music was pretty lame.

Are you one of The Reynolds Girls? 

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, DaDeathGuy said:

Their music was pretty varied it has to be said ... play Albatross, Go Your Own Way, Tusk and Big Love back to back to see what I mean. I could understand someone not liking everything they put out, but none of it? 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Their music was pretty varied it has to be said ... play Albatross, Go Your Own Way, Tusk and Big Love back to back to see what I mean. I could understand someone not liking everything they put out, but none of it? 

It was songs off Rumours like "Go Your Own Way" and "The Chain" that made me reach that conclusion.

• Facepalm 2

I think 'Rumours' deserves its classic album status, but some of it has suffered from over-exposure: the four singles and 'The Chain' have been flogged to death on oldies radio. 'Rhiannon' is another one, although that actually comes from the previous (eponymous) album. 

• Like 2

On 01/12/2022 at 13:51, Cerberus said:

I think 'Rumours' deserves its classic album status, but some of it has suffered from over-exposure: the four singles and 'The Chain' have been flogged to death on oldies radio. 'Rhiannon' is another one, although that actually comes from the previous (eponymous) album. 

Although Fleetwood Mac appreciates it when Cerberus announces his supporting their Rumours album as a ‘classic’, I’m pretty sure it was the 2nd largest selling album OF ALL TIME prior to the release of Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ LP.  So a publicly declared opinion won’t be necessary, as it is a classic whether one think it deserves it or not.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Sir Cunto said:

Although Fleetwood Mac appreciates it when Cerberus announces his supporting their Rumours album as a ‘classic’, I’m pretty sure it was the 2nd largest selling album OF ALL TIME prior to the release of Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ LP.  So a publicly declared opinion won’t be necessary, as it is a classic whether one think it deserves it or not.

If we're going off pure numbers then Whitney Houston's Bodyguard soundtrack and Shania Twain's Come on Over have both sold at least as many if not more than Rumours (Whitney 45m, Shania 40m, Rumours also 40m, Thriller 70m). So presumably both those albums are both classics too, opinions be damned.

• Like 1