Vaagheid

People Who Are Dead According To Wikipedia...

6 minutes ago, WEP said:

Was a picked in Derby Dead Pool, I guess:

http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2020/celebs_P.html#paniagg020

My goodness it's all a bit confusing because the Wiki name and generally used name has been extended in the DDP - I guess with the family name.

Definitely need more Latin Americans on the Forum to help with these!

Just now, YoungWillz said:

My goodness it's all a bit confusing because the Wiki name and generally used name has been extended in the DDP - I guess with the family name.

Definitely need more Latin Americans on the Forum to help with these!

Well, I do not want to act like a smaet aleck, but DDP sorts Spanish people by the (last) mother's name and most Russian people by the (second) father's name.

Maybe this is compensatory justice.

• Haha 1

Kay Hawtrey, Canadian actress died yesterday (27th June) at the age of 93 according to an edit that has now been reverted.

Seems to have taken on mainly minor roles. Appeared in Police Academy 4 and was one time married to English actor John Clark (b. 1932).

• Like 1

On 15/05/2020 at 13:48, msc said:

Not actually Wikipedia but the Dr Who Guide claims Children of the Stones co-writer Trevor Ray died in 2019. Anyone seen anything to back this up at all? My search skills are failing at it.

Can confirm via a query to DWM that Trevor Ray died in December 2019. So the Doctor Who Guide is correct.

• Like 1

On 29/05/2020 at 04:40, SwiftlyVague said:

The digital magazine can be accessed through here.

Other names include Pat DelanyMelinda O. FeeJerome GuardinoSherwood Price, and possibly John Winston

Melinda O. Fee obit: https://celebratingthesoaps.com/the-young-and-the-restless/daytime-soap-vet-melinda-o-fee-dead-at-70/

(John Winston's death was acknowledged in the Yank Science Fiction Series thread back in early June.)

• Like 2

John Papworth, British Anglican minister, political activist and general pain in everyone's backside, supposedly dead at 98.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

On 06/07/2020 at 10:13, Ulitzer95 said:

John Papworth, British Anglican minister, political activist and general pain in everyone's backside, supposedly dead at 98.

And Papworth’s demise gives me my 14th Shadow List hit of the year :axe:

Sydney Lotterby supposedly dead at 93.

Big time BBC producer – Last of the Summer Wine, Porridge, Some Mother Do Ave Em, The Liver Birds, Yes Minister, Yes Prime Minister, Up Pompeii!, Open All Hours, As Time Goes By... and so on and so forth.

Won four BAFTAs and received an OBE so expect an obit within a day if it's true.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Big time BBC producer – Last of the Summer Wine, Porridge, Some Mother Do Ave Em, The Liver Birds, Yes Minister, Yes Prime Minister, Up Pompeii!, Open All Hours, As Time Goes By... and so on and so forth.

Won four BAFTAs and received an OBE so expect an obit within a day if it's true.

Having net issues but that one will be everywhere by the morning if true. Very respected name in TV.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

What's the source for this news?

12 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

What's the source for this news?

Look at the name of the thread Einstein.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Donald Prell supposedly dead at 96.

Quite an interesting guy. A WWII veteran and prisoner of war held by Nazi Germany. Later became an author, venture capitalist and futurist, pushing innovation in the computer software sector.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Metro carries the story as does British Comedy Guide

Edit: Statement and obituary from Auntie.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Bernard Bailyn, one of the great American historians, dead at 97.

Also being reported on Twitter here.

Confirmed via AP.

• Thanks 1

Going through the DDP emails, some brought up this Wiki edit for broadcaster turned Yewtree jailbird Stuart Hall last year as its by "a normally reliable editor". Now I'm reasonably sure Hall's death would have been major news but I'll pop this here in case anyone gets bored and wants to outright debunk it. Or find out he did somehow die of pneumonia to  a badly worded edited on Wiki and no one noticed...:D

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Going through the DDP emails, some brought up this Wiki edit for broadcaster turned Yewtree jailbird Stuart Hall last year as its by "a normally reliable editor". Now I'm reasonably sure Hall's death would have been major news but I'll pop this here in case anyone gets bored and wants to outright debunk it. Or find out he did somehow die of pneumonia to  a badly worded edited on Wiki and no one noticed...:D

Smells like a hoax for all the reasons you suspect but also because after his date of death it says he "is" - that's really shit editing if it's kosher

11 hours ago, msc said:

Sadly he is still very much  alive

Helen Yate, British Olympic swimmer supposedly dead at 99. The edit has been reverted but Canadian Paul has scrubbed her off his personal list which tends to confirm it’s true.

She was the oldest female British Olympian (and the 2nd oldest overall after Jasper Blackall, who just turned 100).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Helen Yate, British Olympic swimmer supposedly dead at 99. The edit has been reverted but Canadian Paul has scrubbed her off his personal list which tends to confirm it’s true.

She was the oldest female British Olympian (and the 2nd oldest overall after Jasper Blackall, who just turned 100).

Seems to have come from the Oldest Olympians FB which is found via this Twittertweet: 

I mean on the back of this I have no option but to add her to the round up - and today's the day it gets brought forward.

• Thanks 1