Vaagheid

People Who Are Dead According To Wikipedia...

20 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I just searched for Adair, found nothing.  He wrote The Physics of Baseball so a seemingly lock for a NYT obit, doubt it would travel the Pond.  Maybe FB has something...

Edit see attached.  It’s confirmation but not an obit.

EBC67089-3EAC-4A2D-A6DC-6CB27C9FC91F.png

Legacy obit for Adair.

Powfu , Canadian soundcloud lo-fi (c)rapper known for song "deathbed (coffee for you head)" is being announced as dead on Wikipedia. No sources however

6 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Powfu , Canadian soundcloud lo-fi (c)rapper known for song "deathbed (coffee for you head)" is being announced as dead on Wikipedia. No sources however

Looks like a hoax. That song got a crazy amount of airplay earlier this year. If he died I would expect it to hit the news very fast.

• Like 1

Can anyone tell whether this article mentions the death of UK swimmer Helen Yate? I guess it's very, very likely, but it's behind the paywall for me (or do I use a free trial?).

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/in-search-of-britains-oldest-olympian-the-remarkable-story-of-helen-yate-j2qcsr7wg

13 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Can anyone tell whether this article mentions the death of UK swimmer Helen Yate? I guess it's very, very likely, but it's behind the paywall for me (or do I use a free trial?).

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/in-search-of-britains-oldest-olympian-the-remarkable-story-of-helen-yate-j2qcsr7wg

It does!

Helen’s mind was very fertile. She wrote poetry and read The Times every day, highly adept at the crossword. She was mentally sharp when we spoke on the phone but physically she was feeling unwell. We agreed that I would call back when she had improved. It was clear she had many stories to tell.

Then a call came through a few weeks ago from Keith Chamings, Helen’s nephew, and his wife, Anne, that on August 11, aged 99, Helen had died. “Her mind was still alert but it was hard for her recently,” Anne said. “She was very close to her [1948] swimming team and the last one went a little while ago.”

Quite a big one.

Golden-era actress Rhonda Fleming dead at 97.

The edits were made by a long-term Wiki user and appear to be credible.

Picked by 5 teams in the DDP.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

Gonna wait for an obit to show up to mark her as dead, but if true the crowdsource list would be at 20! (And don’t worry, I’ll catch up on obits too, I promise. Just been struggling a bit recently)

The user has an IMDB page that notes him as the best friend of Fleming's son, Kent Lane. Definitely looks legit.

• Thanks 1

Will she get a DDP obit - I mean I put her on my shadow list but she might struggle to get even the Mail.

32 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Will she get a DDP obit - I mean I put her on my shadow list but she might struggle to get even the Mail.

She had notable roles in films Directed by Hitchcock and Fritz Lang and had top female billing opposite Bob Hope,Charlton Heston and Bing Crosby. Given all the big names of the 40s and 50s she worked with have long since died she might not get anything in the next few days,but it would be one of the biggest misses of the year if she doesn't get any obit writeups.

• Like 1

Rhonda Fleming’s date of death isn’t on Wikipedia anymore

1 minute ago, ajlposh said:

Rhonda Fleming’s date of death isn’t on Wikipedia anymore

And?

4 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Quite a big one.

Golden-era actress Rhonda Fleming dead at 97.

The edits were made by a long-term Wiki user and appear to be credible.

Picked by 5 teams in the DDP.

Confirmed.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Well at least someone at Variety clearly reads this forum :lol:

The Hollywood Reporter about as useful as a chocolate teapot every time I contact them with a tip off.

6 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Well at least someone at Variety clearly reads this forum :lol:

The Hollywood Reporter about as useful as a chocolate teapot every time I contact them with a tip off.

I tipped Variety.

• Thanks 1

Country music singer Margie Bowes, dead at 79.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drol said:

Country music singer Margie Bowes, dead at 79.

"Please keep country singer, Margie Bowes in your prayers. She is in CCU at Baptist Hospital after another stroke and has suffered kidney and lung damage. This is her 6th admission in 6 months."

From a 2013 Facebook post. Sounds like she's had a lot of borrowed time since. I see also that she was in a bad car accident in 1995 and that her only child died in January aged 57. Pretty bad luck all round.

4 minutes ago, Dying Probably said:

Hugh Morrow, football player for West Brom and Northampton as well as a Tamworth manager apparently dead at 90.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_in_2020

Think you miss the point of this thread again. His death is sourced, so no need to put him here.

• Like 3

On 28/10/2020 at 19:44, drol said:

Think you miss the point of this thread again. His death is sourced, so no need to put him here.

Guess I had. My apologies.

Adam David Miller (wiki), African-American poet, supposedly dead at 98.

Notes attached to last edit say:

"His death was announced on KPFA radio in Berkeley, CA. Unable to find obit to credit yet."

• Like 1

Basil Yamey (wiki), South African economist, supposedly dead at 101.

Awarded a CBE in 1972, so should obit somewhere.

• Like 1