Vaagheid

People Who Are Dead According To Wikipedia...

OK, checked this one and it actually seems legit.

Don Marion Davis (wiki), silent film actor and the last known actor to have appeared in any film from the 1910s, allegedly dead at 103.

The editor claims to be his grandson and his past user contributions to the page (all constructive) can be seen here. RIP.

Leaves only Mildred Kornman, Garry and and Billy Watson and possibly Silas Hathaway as survivors from the silent era.

Unknown.jpeg.35b5cfc5fd0874289521d41ebe377983.jpeg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

You are quite right.

The sort of thing I normally check too. :banghead:

She’s not dead then ?

8 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

She’s not dead then ?

It would seem not. Just a Wiki vandal.

46 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

It would seem not. Just a Wiki vandal.

People have nothing else to do ? A shame, it could have been a Day which took Don Marion Davis and Carmen Marsh Doll

4 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Don Marion Davis (wiki), silent film actor and the last known actor to have appeared in any film from the 1910s, allegedly dead at 103.

The editor claims to be his grandson and his past user contributions to the page (all constructive) can be seen here. RIP.

Leaves only Mildred Kornman, Garry and and Billy Watson and possibly Silas Hathaway as survivors from the silent era.

It would seem the editor was lying. Wikipedia has brought him back from the dead ! Yet this site claims he died in 2012 ! https://peoplepill.com/people/don-marion/

42 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

It would seem the editor was lying. Wikipedia has brought him back from the dead ! Yet this site claims he died in 2012 ! https://peoplepill.com/people/don-marion/

His 2012 death report was a hoax - many obscure silent film actors were reported dead via Wiki hoaxes around that time period. However usually it was for people that died decades before (perhaps most infamously Pola Illery - died 1993, but a 2012 hoax led to a Telegraph obituary and a DDP hit!), whereas Davis was still alive and well.

And he is definitely dead; the account that updated for his death was the same account that reported his 2012 "death" was a hoax to begin with! Wiki just requires a news source to report on his death before his page can be properly updated, is all.

While I'm here, I'll also note that Don Marion Davis was the second actor to live to see the centennial of their film debut, after Fay McKenzie.

• Like 3

On 13/12/2020 at 11:56, Ulitzer95 said:

Boot Hill have picked it up, as has this Spanish cinema blog.

Still not decent enough in my eyes. Waiting for something to pop up on Legacy or Tucson.com. I've given up trying to depend on the Hollywood Reporter. They're slow these days.

5 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Boot Hill have picked it up, as has this Spanish cinema blog.

Still not decent enough in my eyes. Waiting for something to pop up on Legacy or Tucson.com. I've given up trying to depend on the Hollywood Reporter. They're slow these days.

Starting to look more credible though.I dare say we will have confirmation of his death soon

• Like 1

-removed to DDP and Death of 2020 thread

4 minutes ago, WEP said:

Italian restaurator of Da Vincis's last supper, Guiseppina "Pinin" Brambilla Barcilon has died.

She was a DDP-Pick ten years ago: http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2011/celebs_B.html#bambrp

Yes, but why in this thread?

Just now, drol said:

Yes, but why in this thread?

She is dead according to wikipedia...:scratchhead:

27 minutes ago, WEP said:

She is dead according to wikipedia...:scratchhead:

You keeping getting this wrong, so I will try and explain this thread in the most simple terms possible...

You notice on Wikipedia that someone is listed as having died.

Does it have a source attached or can you find a reputable report on Google to back it up as true?

If YES: Post it in the appropriate thread according to their notability (eg actors, chefs, football etc etc).

If NO: Post it in here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WEP said:

-removed to DDP and Death of 2020 thread

Please accept my apologies.

On 13/12/2020 at 08:56, Ulitzer95 said:

He got a legacy obit, finally... https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/tucson/name/don-davis-obituary?pid=197322270

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

And now his wiki page confirms it, RIP

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Marion_Davis

Nooooo GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, drol said:

Nooooo GIFs | Tenor

what ? till today his wiki page didn't include his date of death, even if his "grand-son" or whoever tries to add changes about it so worth a mention imo

12 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

what ? till today his wiki page didn't include his date of death, even if his "grand-son" or whoever tries to add changes about it so worth a mention imo

Wikipedia can't "confirm" anything.  It relies on reliable (supposedly) sources, and the source this page is relying for his death is the obit linked above. So, well, this does not add anything new to our knowledge.

2 hours ago, JQW said:

Grammy winning songwriter, Geoff Stephens, aged 86. There's currently no citation for his death.

Geoff Stephens - Wikipedia

Interestingly among his many hits was a song called "Doctor's Orders".

A hit in America for Carol Douglas in 1974.Yes it was co-written  but even so.

16 minutes ago, redrumours said:

Interestingly among his many hits was a song called "Doctor's Orders".

A hit in America for Carol Douglas in 1974.Yes it was co-written  but even so.

It was also a hit here in the UK, but I think it must have been somebody else as Carol Douglas doesn't ring a bell with me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

It was also a hit here in the UK, but I think it must have been somebody else as Carol Douglas doesn't ring a bell with me.

It was Sunny, number 7 in 1974

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Antonio Sabàto Sr. (wiki), Italian exploitation actor, reportedly dead from COVID-19 at 77. His son announced it on Twatter, still no suitable obit around.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, drol said:

Antonio Sabàto Sr. (wiki), Italian exploitation actor, reportedly dead from COVID-19 at 77. His son announced it on Twatter, still no suitable obit around.

Nino Barlini in Grand Prix