Vaagheid

People Who Are Dead According To Wikipedia...

10 hours ago, drol said:

Antonio Sabàto Sr. (wiki), Italian exploitation actor, reportedly dead from COVID-19 at 77. His son announced it on Twatter, still no suitable obit around.

Can't find diddly do about whoever this guy is, but I am noting that he was a Leap Day baby Feb 29.

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Can't find diddly do about whoever this guy is, but I am noting that he was a Leap Day baby Feb 29.

No he isn't. His son, of the same name, was the leap year baby. Sabàto Sr. Was in a host of predominantly Italian made movies but is possibly best known as Nino Barlini in the 1966 John Frankenheimer film Grand Prix. 

PS in future, Google is your friend. 

• Like 1

He died from "covid complications". His son is a rabid Trumpite. Anti-masker, anti-vaxxer etc. More to come on this no doubt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JQW said:

Circus owner Gerry Cottle, 75.

Gerry Cottle - Wikipedia

Also owner of the "famously haunted" Wookey Hole caves.

11 minutes ago, msc said:

Also owner of the "famously haunted" Wookey Hole caves.

What a touching tribute...:mellow:

Too big to dump in the birthdays thread in extra curricular. Technically not midnight in the States yet, but it's the 15th in the UK already so why not...

HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY WIKIPEDIA. :party:

Both an incredible help (90% of the time) and a total pain in the ass (10% of the time with incorrect info, hoaxes etc.) for deadpooling purposes.

We couldn't be without her now though!

• Like 5

Former Major League Baseball player and coach Don Leppert is listed as having died January 5th, age 90. I was able to find this obituary of Donald Eugene Leppert Sr., whose birth & death days are November 30th 1930 to January 5th, 2021

https://www.canalefuneraldirectors.com/obituaries/Donald-Leppert-4/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=autopost&fbclid=IwAR1AVoW8RSXoar6alBtBKdViWiLB2FuiWY21qHwVSSoZ9PSEAI7T0LOj_T4#!/Obituary

However, according to Baseball Reference,

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/leppedo02.shtml

Don Leppert was born October 19th, 1931, meaning he'd be 89. Yet, this obit does list him as the man in question.

4 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Former Major League Baseball player and coach Don Leppert is listed as having died January 5th, age 90. I was able to find this obituary of Donald Eugene Leppert Sr., whose birth & death days are November 30th 1930 to January 5th, 2021

https://www.canalefuneraldirectors.com/obituaries/Donald-Leppert-4/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=autopost&fbclid=IwAR1AVoW8RSXoar6alBtBKdViWiLB2FuiWY21qHwVSSoZ9PSEAI7T0LOj_T4#!/Obituary

However, according to Baseball Reference,

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/leppedo02.shtml

Don Leppert was born October 19th, 1931, meaning he'd be 89. Yet, this obit does list him as the man in question.

Never mind. Two different MLB players named Don Leppert, seemingly unrelated.

Keith Arnold (wiki), the first Bishop of Warwick (1980–1990) supposedly dead at 94.

If true it means that 97 year old Henry Moore (wiki) and 95 year old David Galliford (wiki) are the last surviving Church of England bishops who served during WWII.

• Like 1

Hal Holbrook, according to some IP from New York. Dismissable as a vandalism?

15 minutes ago, drol said:

Hmmm, if he died 2 days ago I would have thought it would be public by now so seems unbelievable.

Holbrook is an interesting one. Retired from his Mark Twain role in September 2017 but vowed to keep making movies/TV shows. Never appeared in anything after 2017. I’m guessing that others noticed this as he’s a popular pick on the DDP this year.

21 hours ago, drol said:

I think we can rule that out as fake news ! 

On 24/01/2021 at 16:04, Ulitzer95 said:

Keith Arnold (wiki), the first Bishop of Warwick (1980–1990) supposedly dead at 94.

If true it means that 97 year old Henry Moore (wiki) and 95 year old David Galliford (wiki) are the last surviving Church of England bishops who served during WWII.

Confirmation.

On 25/01/2021 at 12:17, Ulitzer95 said:

Hmmm, if he died 2 days ago I would have thought it would be public by now so seems unbelievable.

Holbrook is an interesting one. Retired from his Mark Twain role in September 2017 but vowed to keep making movies/TV shows. Never appeared in anything after 2017. I’m guessing that others noticed this as he’s a popular pick on the DDP this year.

That Wikipedia editor got it right somehow

• Like 2

The wording and the place the IP was based made me think it was real. Usual troll would have written something à la MorbidKid, like "famous actor Hol Halbrook died in LA following cerebral cortex at the age of 18". 

And CoffinLodger's reply above was the nail in the coffin.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drol said:

The wording and the place the IP was based made me think it was real. Usual troll would have written something à la MorbidKid, like "famous actor Hol Halbrook died in LA following cerebral cortex at the age of 18". 

And CoffinLodger's reply above was the nail in the coffin.

Holbrook died on January 23 of this year, right around the time the person mentioned it on his wikipedia page.  

It probably was somebody who was privy to Holbrook's passing (maybe even somebody who worked for his agent), but was told not to say anything until a formal announcement was made, so hence that person took it down.  

On 28/03/2018 at 19:49, Sir Creep said:

As posted in Scavenger Hunt II, Polish PM Edward Babiuch died on March 4, 2018 according to Wiki.  Shows the edit being made, but no link.
SC

And now Edward Babiuch (wiki) is actually dead aged 93.

Babiuch was notably the last living Prime Minister of the Polish People's Republic, which existed between 1944 and 1989.

Edward_Babiuch.jpg.17255c4ddd5e29004400c967136b4f18.jpg

• Like 1

Only 5 1927-born state leaders alive, three of them are cardinals. The other two are Arturo Armando Molina, El Salvador 70s military dictator who lives in California, and Thailand 1970s right wing strongman Thanin Kraivichien. Seems a much weaker class than 1926.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Kennedy Radio broadcaster Sarah Kennedy reportedly died yesterday according to an alleged media source. Could be credible due to her reculsiveness

The user who added it is a troll who should already have been banned. He did the same with Linda Henry.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, drol said:

The user who added it is a troll who should already have been banned. He did the same with Linda Henry.

I have therefore removed it all.

Ah didn't realise they had form, I suppose it could be true though you never know. We'll just have to wait and see but yes most likely false.