Vaagheid

People Who Are Dead According To Wikipedia...

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Just seen this and you beat me to it!

Looks legit. The IP address of the editor is in Brighton, where Maranne was based.

Can't find anything on FB, Twitter or via Google. @msc anyone your end who could confirm? Hadoke?

No, I wouldn't hear till later if true. Its a one time only edit on Wiki made from Brighton, though.

2 hours ago, msc said:

No, I wouldn't hear till later if true. Its a one time only edit on Wiki made from Brighton, though.

Wiki update has been deleted

U.S. politician Lester Wolff has supposedly died aged 103. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s true given this was him last month.

867D3BB6-6669-4BA5-A96D-6D8F6B7E8037.jpeg

• Like 2

If the above is true, his famous last words:

• Haha 2

Nothing new about Wolff but the ip that added the death date was from Englewood Hospital and Medical Center

16 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

U.S. politician Lester Wolff has supposedly died aged 103. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s true given this was him last month.

867D3BB6-6669-4BA5-A96D-6D8F6B7E8037.jpeg

Confirmation from Politico.

So yesterday was a triple centenarian death day – Gouri Amma, Lloyd and Wolff.

Edit: Also worth noting, Wolff was the last member of either houses of Congress who was born in the 1910s.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Death Impends said:

If the above is true, his famous last words:

As much as I would like to believe this is actually Lester typing this, I think this is either a satirical account or actually Lester Wolff's account but someone (maybe a family member or a caregiver) typing as him here.

One from my centenarians longlist:

Former Senior Vice President of the University of Southern California, Anthony Lazzaro (wiki), supposedly dead at 100.

• Like 1

On 20/05/2021 at 19:42, Ulitzer95 said:

One from my centenarians longlist:

Former Senior Vice President of the University of Southern California, Anthony Lazzaro (wiki), supposedly dead at 100.

Confirmed.

LA Times obit.

• Like 1

T. M. Kaliannan (wiki) supposedly dead at 100.

Indian politician and the last living member of India's first parliament (1950–1952).

Bad year for India. Losing loads of their famous centenarians. Just a handful left now.

• Like 1

On 28/05/2021 at 13:19, Ulitzer95 said:

Indian politician and the last living member of India's first parliament (1950–1952).

Bad year for India. Losing loads of their famous centenarians. Just a handful left now.

And if Kaliannan is dead, means that India hasn't gotten any or nearly any new notable centenarians born in the first half of 2021.

Wikipedia's list of living centenarians mentions 10 alive, the ones born before 1919 are:

Ayiappan Pillai (1914-2022) Oldest bar of India member, Bharatiya Janata party vice president.

Lambert Mascarenhas (1914-2021) Independence movement activist

Man Kaur (1916-2021) Athlete

Shyam Saran Negi (b. 1917) First person to cast vote at the 1951 election.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Confirmed.

• Like 2

On 28/05/2021 at 13:38, arghton said:

And if Kaliannan is dead, means that India hasn't gotten any or nearly any new notable centenarians born in the first half of 2021.

Wikipedia's list of living centenarians mentions 10 alive, the ones born before 1919 are:

Ayiappan Pillai (b. 1914) Oldest bar of India member, Bharatiya Janata party vice president.

Lambert Mascarenhas (b. 1914) Independence movement activist

Man Kaur (b. 1916) Athlete

Shyam Saran Negi (b. 1917) First person to cast vote at the 1951 election.

B. B. Lal and P. K. Warrier are two brand new Indian centenarians. They also have Fauja Singh and Saalumarada Thimmakka who are likely over 100.

Surely Chinese centenarians were left unscathed last year: Ma Shitu, Song Ping, Yang You, Wan Haifeng, Zou Yu, Zheng Min and now Xu Yuanchong seem indestructible. Wang Xiji is joining them in July. 

On 28/06/2020 at 21:18, Ulitzer95 said:

Kay Hawtrey, Canadian actress died yesterday (27th June) at the age of 93 according to an edit that has now been reverted.

Seems to have taken on mainly minor roles. Appeared in Police Academy 4 and was one time married to English actor John Clark (b. 1932).

Kay Hawtrey actually dead this time.

• Like 1

Fawzi Mutlaq al-Rawi (wiki), one of Saddam's henchmen, reportedly dead at 81.

• Like 2

BAFTA-nominated British director Desmond Davis (wiki), best known for Clash of the Titans, supposedly died on 3rd July aged 95.

Surely a QO guaranteed once it’s picked up.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tillie_Kottmann

Tillie Kottmann, Swiss transgender non-binary hacker indicted by a grand jury in the US in March 2021 has, according to wikipedia and some twitterists, died aged 21 in a forklift accident in IKEA. Even though people have died in weirder accidents, sounds odd, no good proof, therefore I don't believe it.

Not dead. One to watch though.

Also, wikipedia says that Charles Albright died in August 2020.

On 16/07/2021 at 17:45, Ulitzer95 said:

BAFTA-nominated British director Desmond Davis (wiki), best known for Clash of the Titans, supposedly died on 3rd July aged 95.

Surely a QO guaranteed once it’s picked up.

How’s that going?

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

How’s that going?

Read the thread title. There’s a reason it said he “supposedly” died. Yeah, would be surprised if he didn’t get a QO if he did die, Clash of the Titans is a somewhat well known film...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Read the thread title. There’s a reason it said he “supposedly” died. Yeah, would be surprised if he didn’t get a QO if he did die, Clash of the Titans is a somewhat well known film...

I contacted one of the papers about it. They could neither confirm or deny it when they looked into it.

The GRO Index REALLY needs updated. Starting to really piss me off. It's incompetence more than anything. Scotland's People is updated every few weeks with all the latest records.

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I contacted one of the papers about it. They could neither confirm or deny it when they looked into it.

The GRO Index REALLY needs updated. Starting to really piss me off. It's incompetence more than anything. Scotland's People is updated every few weeks with all the latest records.

It used to be updated annually, Scotland's People, but they've really been on the ball last 18 months thanks to covid and people not being able to access the records on site right now.

• Like 1

Charles Connor - American drummer with Little Richard and James Brown et al.

Thea White - voice actress for Muriel Bagge in Courage The Cowardly Dog and former wife of sometime drummer involved with the Beatles, Andy White.

Rather more Twitter chatter about Thea White, but chatter - no real reliable sources.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Charles Connor - American drummer with Little Richard and James Brown et al.

Thea White - voice actress for Muriel Bagge in Courage The Cowardly Dog and former wife of sometime drummer involved with the Beatles, Andy White.

Rather more Twitter chatter about Thea White, but chatter - no real reliable sources.

Some reporting from trustworthy sources on Facebook for both.

E87A14A3-F60D-49DC-9FAB-845DFCF2F384.jpeg

F3426E71-D4F0-4FEC-BDF8-F765EAECBAE1.jpeg

• Like 1

Jon Lindbergh, Charles Lindbergh’s second eldest son and an aquanaut is listed as having died July 30, 2021 but I cannot find any proof of this. 

• Shocked 1