Vaagheid

People Who Are Dead According To Wikipedia...

16 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Adelina Santos Rodriguez (wiki), Filipino politician who was Mayor of Quezon City (1976–1986), supposedly dead at 101.

09-1976-1986-adelina-s--rodrig.jpg.791e812dcdd89a4e51994a8d32414367.jpg

Obit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 19/09/2021 at 16:19, drol said:

Typical Murican thick headed mentality. 

I fear for the oldest state leaders and the living centenarians list. 

The oldest state leaders list has been proposed for deletion. If you can somehow intervene to stop these terrorists, please do it now.

• Angry 3

Same idiot, user named Dronebogus starting all these deletion discussions. 

• Angry 1

"But in the discussion above, the "keep" voters are given very short shrift. Nobody exactly laughs at them, but nobody above is taking them seriously at all. In context, I would understand those votes as expressions of distress, from people who feel their views are ignored and their work is casually obliterated. And they have a point: we as a community don't really care what they think, and we don't want this content. All we want is for it to be gone with the minimum of process and fuss. I've sometimes thought that the right solution might be for them to set up a separate gerontology wiki with their own rules."

Given this quote on the chap's main Wiki page and the fact that there's now more than one of them doing this, it feels a bit like deliberately and intentional vandalism.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, msc said:

"But in the discussion above, the "keep" voters are given very short shrift. Nobody exactly laughs at them, but nobody above is taking them seriously at all. In context, I would understand those votes as expressions of distress, from people who feel their views are ignored and their work is casually obliterated. And they have a point: we as a community don't really care what they think, and we don't want this content. All we want is for it to be gone with the minimum of process and fuss. I've sometimes thought that the right solution might be for them to set up a separate gerontology wiki with their own rules."

Given this quote on the chap's main Wiki page and the fact that there's now more than one of them doing this, it feels a bit like deliberately and intentional vandalism.

What a massive bell end this wanker is.Bet he is a traffic warden.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, msc said:

Why? Why? Why the fuck? What could you possibly get out of being like this? Why do they hate old people lists so much? I don't get it. This person just baffles and irritates me.

• Like 2

Hey all, 

@Charles De Gaulle and myself are chatting about this in the DMs right now. We’re going to discuss how and where we should export all this valuable data being deleted from Wikipedia. If you’d like to join the conversation say so now! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Hey all, 

@Charles De Gaulle and myself are chatting about this in the DMs right now. We’re going to discuss how and where we should export all this valuable data being deleted from Wikipedia. If you’d like to join the conversation say so now! 

Yes, but don't give up on this specific discussion. I don't want them to win it again so easily.

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Hey all, 

Would like to

so angry at this user for deleting all of that and so frustrated that we can’t stop him to do so...

22 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Hey all, 

You are right, Ulitzer. Those are crazy fanatic assholes and there's plenty of them. We need to export the data.  I'm in.

How come these people get to decide?  Isn't there anyone in overall charge?

Herbert L. Wilkerson (wiki), U.S. Marine Corps Major General, supposedly dead just shy of 102.

Twice honoured with the Legion of Merit. Veteran of WWII, Vietnam War, Korean War and the Chinese Civil War... phew!

Here's a pic from him in November 2019, shortly after his 100th.

ekaiwchwkaah2xr.jpg.dd07104005e8b661920dcf37429488f6.jpg

Edit: Dozens of tributes from friends and family on Facebook so I assume true.

• Like 2

The oldest state leaders page still exists as of right now (the debate lumbers on) but one of the voices on Wiki in favour of deleting it and other lists is a Random Canadian. This Toast's old pal?

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, msc said:

The oldest state leaders page still exists as of right now (the debate lumbers on) but one of the voices on Wiki in favour of deleting it and other lists is a Random Canadian. This Toast's old pal?

They really want to rack up the deletions...

• Haha 3

On 11/10/2021 at 18:02, Ulitzer95 said:

Herbert L. Wilkerson (wiki), U.S. Marine Corps Major General, supposedly dead just shy of 102.

Twice honoured with the Legion of Merit. Veteran of WWII, Vietnam War, Korean War and the Chinese Civil War... phew!

Here's a pic from him in November 2019, shortly after his 100th.

ekaiwchwkaah2xr.jpg.dd07104005e8b661920dcf37429488f6.jpg

Edit: Dozens of tributes from friends and family on Facebook so I assume true.

Obit as confirmation, finally.

• Like 1

So here goes...

After private talks in the PM about the Wiki lists being deleted I decided to set up a standalone Wiki "Oldests and Lasts" to host the data. In the long term this will be far more feasible than creating threads on the forum.

I copy and pasted the mirrors of the lists that were deleted from Wiki. Think I got them all... but if I missed any, WikiWand still has the mirrors up for now so that'd be a quick fix. The actual links, calculations of ages, etc, will have to be readded manually, which obviously would take some time and effort, but that can wait as just having the articles up again in some form was highest priority. I also might need to reinstate some more templates from Wiki albeit the age and date related ones are largely up.

Additionally, this Wiki can directly link to pages on the original Wikipedia, which involves the template {{wp|(name of article)|(display text, if different from article title)}}. For instance {{wp|Nehemiah Persoff}}, or {{wp|Marsha Hunt (actress, born 1917)|Marsha Hunt}}

Currently only open to registered users though depending on how things progress may start allowing guest edits.

https://oldestsandlasts.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

• Like 3
  • Thanks 12

On 06/10/2021 at 14:10, drol said:

The oldest state leaders list has been proposed for deletion. If you can somehow intervene to stop these terrorists, please do it now.

I'm glad to announce to the world "List of oldest living state leaders" has survived Dronebogus-19!

The result was keep and deletionists got their ass kicked for once! 

• Like 11

On 17/10/2021 at 16:41, Death Impends said:

So here goes...

After private talks in the PM about the Wiki lists being deleted I decided to set up a standalone Wiki "Oldests and Lasts" to host the data. In the long term this will be far more feasible than creating threads on the forum.

I copy and pasted the mirrors of the lists that were deleted from Wiki. Think I got them all... but if I missed any, WikiWand still has the mirrors up for now so that'd be a quick fix. The actual links, calculations of ages, etc, will have to be readded manually, which obviously would take some time and effort, but that can wait as just having the articles up again in some form was highest priority. I also might need to reinstate some more templates from Wiki albeit the age and date related ones are largely up.

Additionally, this Wiki can directly link to pages on the original Wikipedia, which involves the template {{wp|(name of article)|(display text, if different from article title)}}. For instance {{wp|Nehemiah Persoff}}, or {{wp|Marsha Hunt (actress, born 1917)|Marsha Hunt}}

Currently only open to registered users though depending on how things progress may start allowing guest edits.

https://oldestsandlasts.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Just joined and started editing. I'll do some heavier edits over the coming weeks.

Well done once again for putting this together @Death Impends and credit to @chilean way for some very pro-active editing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Just joined and started editing. I'll do some heavier edits over the coming weeks.

Well done once again for putting this together @Death Impends and credit to @chilean way for some very pro-active editing!

One for the notable WW2 vets as I'll forget about it. Sir David Butler was in the army in 1944 as part of the British army in Belgium. (As a tank commander in fact, although he claims he wasn't a very good one.) 

Probably not DLy but certainly a huge favourite of mine.

• Like 2

Lawrence Donald Soens (wiki), U.S. Catholic bishop, supposedly died yesterday, aged 95.

Retired in 1998 but the focus of much media attention during the 2000s when 15 of his former students came forward accusing him of sexually abusing them.

• Like 1

On 02/11/2021 at 16:13, Ulitzer95 said:

Lawrence Donald Soens (wiki), U.S. Catholic bishop, supposedly died yesterday, aged 95.

Retired in 1998 but the focus of much media attention during the 2000s when 15 of his former students came forward accusing him of sexually abusing them.

I can't see any evidence of this being true. Though Catholic Hierarchy hasn't been updated for several days and the U.S. media are busy with special and local elections.

Anyways...

Neal Edward Smith (wiki), oldest living former member of the U.S. House of Reps, supposedly died November 2nd, aged 101. Again, can't find any other mention online.

IF true, then our very own Bob Dole just became the oldest living former member of that house (and it also means that the age of the oldest just fell by 3 years and 4 months).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I can't see any evidence of this being true. Though Catholic Hierarchy hasn't been updated for several days and the U.S. media are busy with special and local elections.

Anyways...

Neal Edward Smith (wiki), oldest living former member of the U.S. House of Reps, supposedly died November 2nd, aged 101. Again, can't find any other mention online.

IF true, then our very own Bob Dole just became the oldest living former member of that house (and it also means that the age of the oldest just fell by 3 years and 4 months).

Confirmation from local press.

Bob Dole now the oldest former member of the House of Reps (though still the 2nd oldest former Senator as James Buckley is still alive).

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1