Vaagheid

People Who Are Dead According To Wikipedia...

14 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

According to an unsourced edit in List of living centenarians, Brazilian researcher and veterinarian Milton Thiago De Mello (Wiki) died on May 25, 2022.

No source yet, maybe a mistake

Since the IP is from Madrid, I'm sure it is a vandalism.

American actress Ann Baker (Wiki) who appeared in some classic films and television series is dead according to Wiki

IMDb say she died on March 2, 2017 at 86 in Torrance, California, but I did not find any source.  Is she dead or not?

Ann Baker in Meet Corliss Archer, 1955.jpg

15 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

American actress Ann Baker (Wiki) who appeared in some classic films and television series is dead according to Wiki

IMDb say she died on March 2, 2017 at 86 in Torrance, California, but I did not find any source.  Is she dead or not?

It says it on the Wikipedia as well so yes she’s dead.

27 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

11 minutes ago, Insane said:

It says it on the Wikipedia as well so yes she’s dead.

4F08C157-815F-4AE0-BAE0-D445A5175A54.gif

• Haha 8

Lise Drougge (Wiki) - Swedish writer and centenarian at 102, someone edited that she died on June 4, 2022. No source, plus Swedish Wiki has no update. Another vandalism?

Sharon Oster (wiki), American economist, reportedly dead at 73.

Dan Goldstein (wiki), Israeli computer scientist, reportedly dead at 67.

Could be a hoax as I'm not finding any confirmation but Han Meilin (wiki), Chinese artist noted for creating the Fuwa dolls (wiki) who where the mascots of the 2008 Bejing Olympics, has reportedly died at 85.

• Like 3

American actress Joyce Holden (Wiki) from the Golden Age of Hollywood appears to have died on January 23, 2022 in Encinitas, California at the age of 91

An unsourced edit made me suspicious and I did a little research for her and still no news or obituary from anyone.

Ps: IMDb updated her date of death on January 21, 2022 (I don't known where they are based)

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0390215/

undefined 

4 hours ago, Gisooo said:

American actress Joyce Holden (Wiki) from the Golden Age of Hollywood appears to have died on January 23, 2022 in Encinitas, California at the age of 91

An unsourced edit made me suspicious and I did a little research for her and still no news or obituary from anyone.

Ps: IMDb updated her date of death on January 21, 2022 (I don't known where they are based)

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0390215/

undefined 

Ask the film historians who run that Instagram page?

On 02/06/2022 at 13:22, Joey Russ said:

4F08C157-815F-4AE0-BAE0-D445A5175A54.gif

We already knew this. ;)

Faye Marlowe (wiki), allegedly died on May 5. 2022, aged 95.

Actress in the Golden Age of Hollywood from 1945 until her retirement in 1955.

29 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Faye Marlowe (wiki), allegedly died on May 5. 2022, aged 95.

Actress in the Golden Age of Hollywood from 1945 until her retirement in 1955.

In June, 5 photos signed by her arrived, but they were late and I don't know in what month they were signed. Plus she had not answered 3 questions that they had asked her

How come these actresses don't get an obituary from the Hollywood Reporter. Very sad. Same thing with Marcy McGuire who was born the same year as Faye and nothing from her or from SAG magazine????? 

2 hours ago, Gisooo said:

In June, 5 photos signed by her arrived, but they were late and I don't know in what month they were signed. Plus she had not answered 3 questions that they had asked her

Last response was actually November 2021. The 5 photos uploaded were actually signed in 2020.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, whoismakoto said:

Last response was actually November 2021. The 5 photos uploaded were actually signed in 2020.

What about Edna May Wonnacott?? The last autograph? 

1 hour ago, Gisooo said:

What about Edna May Wonnacott?? The last autograph? 

Same as well. Picture was uploaded for picture that was signed in November 2020. Last time responded was May 2021.

Inez Voyce (wiki), AAGPBL player for the South Bend Blue Sox and the Grand Rapids Chicks, died on July 26, at the age of 97, according to an unsourced edit to her page (now reverted).

568.jpg.05561ce2f1611e2fb2665e8dd455bb8a.jpg

18 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Inez Voyce (wiki), AAGPBL player for the South Bend Blue Sox and the Grand Rapids Chicks, died on July 26, at the age of 97, according to an unsourced edit to her page (now reverted).

568.jpg.05561ce2f1611e2fb2665e8dd455bb8a.jpg

I believe it is true, the user who made the edit has just registered and may be one of her relatives, plus she didn't look that good

No photo description available. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gisooo said:

I believe it is true, the user who made the edit has just registered and may be one of her relatives, plus she didn't look that good

If it's really a relative, it's a bit awkward that whenever they come to Wikipedia to tell the world, an editor says "NO RELIABLE SOURCE REEEEEEEE".

13 minutes ago, DaDeathGuy said:

If it's really a relative, it's a bit awkward that whenever they come to Wikipedia to tell the world, an editor says "NO RELIABLE SOURCE REEEEEEEE".

I said "maybe", no one knows

Considering her, I don't think it was vandalism since the user is already registered and according to Wikipedia rules needs a death certificate from the family or a post in social media, if there is an obituary it is even better. 

On 29/07/2022 at 10:47, Gisooo said:

I got in touch with the AAGPBL official page on FB. They've said it's a hoax and she's alive.

• Like 1

Ali Haydar (wiki), one of the most powerful man in Syria during the elder Assad's regime, reportedly dead at 90.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, drol said:

Ali Haydar (wiki), one of the most powerful man in Syria during the elder Assad's regime, reportedly dead at 90.

By the way Haydar was known as the father of Syrian Special Forces.

Special Forces had children soldiers who were trained to stab puppies to death in order to desensibilize them. 

Rot in hell, son of a bitch.

• Like 2

On 11/08/2021 at 00:20, arghton said:

Swaraj Parkash (1923-?) likely died around 2004 even though wikipedia has no mention of it.

Pakistan's last one is likely MAK Lodhi

Looks like MAK Lodhi died prior to October 2018 according to this.

Makes sense I suppose. If he was still around at 99/100, the media probably would've made something of it.

• Like 2