Vaagheid

People Who Are Dead According To Wikipedia...

I worded it badly. I intended it should have been announced by the press and not by wiki edits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's been removed from wiki so I am gonna say she is alive

13 minutes ago, cgay said:

Wiki said it was removed due to lack of source. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cgay said:

Why does nobody understand how Wikipedia works? It’s a relatively simple concept.

18 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Golden Hollywood actress Miiko Taka (wiki) and Marlon Brando’s co-star in Sayonara (1957), allegedly dead at 97.

A pick in several pools on here.

The IP who made the edits first wrote 6 January and then 4 January.

Sincerely starting to doubt it.

23 minutes ago, drol said:

The IP who made the edits first wrote 6 January and then 4 January.

Sincerely starting to doubt it.

Based on? You're not really going on much...

Is there a way to use the geolocate function on usernames on Wiki or does it only work for non-registered IPs?

I don't know how to do it. I find suspicious he added two different dates of death.

I tipped Hollywood Reporter, Deadline and Variety on this. Nothing from them so far, but they could be just slow.

5 minutes ago, drol said:

I don't know how to do it. I find suspicious he added two different dates of death.

I tipped Hollywood Reporter, Deadline and Variety on this. Nothing from them so far, but they could be just slow.

If it's true, it's possible that we won't find out for months.

I've seen one photo of Taka in her later years, zero interviews, and StarTiger reveals that autograph hunters have repeatedly failed to get to her. It seems that she's been very far removed from Hollywood culture since her retirement 41 years ago.

• Like 1

Have any of you written a message to the user who made the edit, maybe it's someone close to the actress who doesn't know how to act, I'm just saying since he hasn't made any other edits so far???

20 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Golden Hollywood actress Miiko Taka (wiki) and Marlon Brando’s co-star in Sayonara (1957), allegedly dead at 97.

A pick in several pools on here.

image.png.bcf0076d24b876d36321dacae7e0b2f8.png

Looks to be true.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Come on, @tracy, we all know you are the Hollywood Reporter, write down an obit.

Also gently mention "her death comes a year after diplomat Ri Yong-ho was executed in North Korea", so we get two confirmations at the price of one.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, tracy said:

image.png.bcf0076d24b876d36321dacae7e0b2f8.png

Looks to be true.

Doesn’t prove anything though does it ? Especially with this emojis 

9 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Doesn’t prove anything though does it ? Especially with this emojis 

David Shikata is 35 years old and is the grandson of Miiko, the son of Greg Shikata also his Instagram profile has Miiko photo

2 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

David Shikata is 35 years old and is the grandson of Miiko, the son of Greg Shikata also his Instagram profile has Miiko photo

Hum yes I figured out with the name but does putting your grandma as your profil pic obviously means she’s dead ?

Just now, Lafaucheuse said:

Hum yes I figured out with the name but does putting your grandma as your profil pic obviously means she’s dead ?

It has several of those sad heart-hug reactions, and he doesn't seem to change his PFP very often (not to mention the angel emoji). Tied with the Wiki edits, would seem a little much for it to be a random coincidence.

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

If it's true, it's possible that we won't find out for months.

I've seen one photo of Taka in her later years, zero interviews, and StarTiger reveals that autograph hunters have repeatedly failed to get to her. It seems that she's been very far removed from Hollywood culture since her retirement 41 years ago.

All true but Hollywood reporter do seem to one website that does monitor Wikipedia and then investigate and write obituaries. Unlike the British press who don’t seem too.

1 minute ago, tracy said:

It has several of those sad heart-hug reactions, and he doesn't seem to change his PFP very often (not to mention the angel emoji). Tied with the Wiki edits, would seem a little much for it to be a random coincidence.

idk the emojis don’t correspond if she’s really dead. I mean they’re happy faces. But I agree that this is a bit too much to be a coïncidence. 

2 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

idk the emojis don’t correspond if she’s really dead. I mean they’re happy faces. But I agree that this is a bit too much to be a coïncidence. 

The angel emoji may infer “she’s with the angels now”.

Bernard Kalb (wiki), American journalist, author, media critic etc., supposedly dead just a month shy of 101.

Covered international affairs for decades for The New York Times, CBS News and NBC News. Younger brother of Marvin Kalb (wiki) who will be 93 in June.

The IP who made the edit is based in New York and it seems like it may be legit.

A pick in quite a few pools this year.

• Like 1

If I recall correctly Bernard Kalb appeared as himself in Wag the Dog.

I didn't laugh once during the whole movie.

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Bernard Kalb (wiki), American journalist, author, media critic etc., supposedly dead just a month shy of 101.

Covered international affairs for decades for The New York Times, CBS News and NBC News. Younger brother of Marvin Kalb (wiki) who will be 93 in June.

The IP who made the edit is based in New York and it seems like it may be legit.

A pick in quite a few pools this year.

Bernard Kalb obit: https://www.washingtonpost.com/obituaries/2023/01/08/bernard-kalb-journalist-dies/

(behind paywall)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Naomi Replansky (wiki), American poet, allegedly dead at 104.

I’m out and about. Can anyone find anything? 

18 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Naomi Replansky (wiki), American poet, allegedly dead at 104.

I’m out and about. Can anyone find anything? 

Confirmed via her friend, writer Lesléa Newman, on her Facebook page.

• Like 3