Jump to content
Vaagheid

People Who Are Dead According To Wikipedia...

Recommended Posts

On 19/01/2022 at 22:08, Ulitzer95 said:

A few dead nonagenarians/centenarians awaiting obits:
 

*snip*
Patricia Kenworthy Nuckols (wiki), American field hockey player and WASP during WWII, supposedly dead at 100.

Only the biggest celebrity death reveals from Ulitzer95. You're all spoilt.


Obit as confirmation for Kenworthy.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/01/2022 at 22:08, Ulitzer95 said:

A few dead nonagenarians/centenarians awaiting obits:

Kenneth Norman Jones CBE (wiki), senior Australian civil servant, supposedly dead at 97.
*snip*

Only the biggest celebrity death reveals from Ulitzer95. You're all spoilt.


Obit as confirmation for Jones.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trude Feldman (wiki), American reporter who was a member of the White House Press Corps for decades, allegedly dead at 97.

Interviewed every U.S. President from Lyndon B. Johnson to George W. Bush, before retiring in 2007. 

Here she is interviewing Reagan:
 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

American geologist Leon Silver (wiki) supposedly dead at 96.

Instructor to the astronaut crew of the ill-fated Apollo 13 (yeah, you're thinking of the Tom Hanks film, that's the one)

... as well as Apollo 15, 16 and 17.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/02/2022 at 02:24, Ulitzer95 said:

American geologist Leon Silver (wiki) supposedly dead at 96.

Instructor to the astronaut crew of the ill-fated Apollo 13 (yeah, you're thinking of the Tom Hanks film, that's the one)

... as well as Apollo 15, 16 and 17.


Obit as confirmation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/01/2022 at 14:13, Ulitzer95 said:

Trude Feldman (wiki), American reporter who was a member of the White House Press Corps for decades, allegedly dead at 97.

Interviewed every U.S. President from Lyndon B. Johnson to George W. Bush, before retiring in 2007. 

Here she is interviewing Reagan:
 

 


Obit by the Jewish Standard/Times of Israel as confirmation.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eleanor Owen (wiki), American journalist and mental health professional, supposedly dead at 101.

eleanor-owen-3e9a7b83-f6ab-42c5-aabe-f119561c6a3-resize-750.jpeg.982798a3447f051e576f2795964467f8.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Eleanor Owen (wiki), American journalist and mental health professional, supposedly dead at 101.

eleanor-owen-3e9a7b83-f6ab-42c5-aabe-f119561c6a3-resize-750.jpeg.982798a3447f051e576f2795964467f8.jpeg

Obit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone edited the page of John Keston (wiki) to say he had died today (13th Feb) aged 97, and then the same user deleted it later. May have made a mistake, or maybe they're conscious of jumping the gun before an obit is published?

ezgif-7-9533389d03.jpg.06d4e06e87f424766c9d91c182b57927.jpg

Keston was British but latterly lived in the States. He had a semi-notable career as a stage actor (though just one West End appearance) but is best known as a world-record breaking runner and masters athlete.

He made headlines a couple of decades ago for his world records. Mentioned on the forum only once. Way back in 2006, by @maryportfuncity

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emanuel Marx (wiki), Israeli anthropologist, reportedly dead at 94.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Someone edited the page of John Keston (wiki) to say he had died today (13th Feb) aged 97, and then the same user deleted it later. May have made a mistake, or maybe they're conscious of jumping the gun before an obit is published?

ezgif-7-9533389d03.jpg.06d4e06e87f424766c9d91c182b57927.jpg

Keston was British but latterly lived in the States. He had a semi-notable career as a stage actor (though just one West End appearance) but is best known as a world-record breaking runner and masters athlete.

He made headlines a couple of decades ago for his world records. Mentioned on the forum only once. Way back in 2006, by @maryportfuncity

 

 

I'd say that proves I was prescient but all it really proves is that I've been hanging hereabouts for a fuck of a long time!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/02/2022 at 23:22, Ulitzer95 said:

Someone edited the page of John Keston (wiki) to say he had died today (13th Feb) aged 97, and then the same user deleted it later. May have made a mistake, or maybe they're conscious of jumping the gun before an obit is published?

ezgif-7-9533389d03.jpg.06d4e06e87f424766c9d91c182b57927.jpg

Keston was British but latterly lived in the States. He had a semi-notable career as a stage actor (though just one West End appearance) but is best known as a world-record breaking runner and masters athlete.

He made headlines a couple of decades ago for his world records. Mentioned on the forum only once. Way back in 2006, by @maryportfuncity


Obituary for Keston.

Cause of death given as COVID-19. He was vaccinated (before drol asks).

Also mentions he was a WWII vet, serving in the RAF.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hannah Havrylets' (wiki), prominent Ukrainian composer, reportedly dead at 63.

 

No further details on the circumstances of her death. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welsh poet and historian Ruth Bidgood (wiki) supposedly dead at 99.

 

A pick on several pools on here.

  • Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Welsh poet and historian Ruth Bidgood (wiki) supposedly dead at 99.

 

A pick on several pools on here.

 

I'm very close to emailing BBC News and ask them to investigate if she's alive so I can get points in a pool, lol.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

 

I'm very close to emailing BBC News and ask them to investigate if she's alive so I can get points in a pool, lol.

Her publisher is Seren books

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Her publisher is Seren books

 

I've just written a quick email to them explaining I am a fan of her work and saw she's dead on Wikipedia but no news articles or social media posts confirming this and wondering if they have any knowledge of anything. I'm sure I won't get a response until next week at the earliest.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

 

I've just written a quick email to them explaining I am a fan of her work and saw she's dead on Wikipedia but no news articles or social media posts confirming this and wondering if they have any knowledge of anything. I'm sure I won't get a response until next week at the earliest.

On Twitter someone commented that she feared it was true because she had been ill. Best hope is probably a local Welsh paper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yuan-Shih Chow (wiki), Chinese-American probabilist, reportedly dead at 97.

 

Very strange no Chinese obits are out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, drol said:

Yuan-Shih Chow (wiki), Chinese-American probabilist, reportedly dead at 97.

 

Very strange no Chinese obits are out.


There is a good probability of one appearing in the next few days ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/03/2022 at 16:12, ladyfiona said:

 

I've just written a quick email to them explaining I am a fan of her work and saw she's dead on Wikipedia but no news articles or social media posts confirming this and wondering if they have any knowledge of anything. I'm sure I won't get a response until next week at the earliest.


Loads of tribute posts to her on Facebook now, including from poet Merryn Williams who knew her personally, so it's true.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/03/2022 at 15:34, Ulitzer95 said:

Welsh poet and historian Ruth Bidgood (wiki) supposedly dead at 99.

 

A pick on several pools on here.

(As reported elsewhere) Tribute to Ruth Bidgood published March 7th. Not an obituary, but refers to her in the past tense.

 

https://nation.cymru/culture/beautiful-hieroglyphs/

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

(As reported elsewhere) Tribute to Ruth Bidgood published March 7th. Not an obituary, but refers to her in the past tense.

 

https://nation.cymru/culture/beautiful-hieroglyphs/

I am suspecting she is the sort of person who will get a slot on  Last Word on a slow news week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/03/2022 at 07:17, drol said:

Yuan-Shih Chow (wiki), Chinese-American probabilist, reportedly dead at 97.

 

Very strange no Chinese obits are out.


Obit from Columbia University's Department of Statistics.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use