maryportfuncity

Crashing Companies

Eddie Stobbart.

Not in trouble, I think, but name probably to go.

Eddie Stobbart trucks, not willing to pay the fee for name to the Eddie Stobbart company that owns the rights.

Sell your soul etc etc.....

2 hours ago, charon said:

Eddie Stobbart.

Not in trouble, I think, but name probably to go.

Eddie Stobbart trucks, not willing to pay the fee for name to the Eddie Stobbart company that owns the rights.

Sell your soul etc etc.....

They can easily get round this by calling it Eddie Stobart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 23/02/2018 at 17:54, charon said:

Toys'R'Us in the shite.

Administrators in if they can't get a buyer by Tuesday.

Overpriced and stuck in the 20th century, crammed with packed shelves and very few shoppers. Similar to hmv back when they charged people £15 for a CD only with toys. Only toysrus still think they can get away with being very overpriced. Took my daughter there and a toy she wanted was £26 done a quick check on my phone and saw the exact same one for £14.50p on Amazon. £3.99 for some chalk and £8 for pack of batteries, I left and went elsewhere got chalk and batteries for a quid each in poundworld lol. Surprised toysrus lasted this long.

10 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Overpriced and stuck in the 20th century, crammed with packed shelves and very few shoppers. Similar to hmv back when they charged people £15 for a CD only with toys. Only toysrus still think they can get away with being very overpriced. Took my daughter there and a toy she wanted was £26 done a quick check on my phone and saw the exact same one for £14.50p on Amazon. £3.99 for some chalk and £8 for pack of batteries, I left and went elsewhere got chalk and batteries for a quid each in poundworld lol. Surprised toysrus lasted this long.

Ridiculous prices on Lego Dimensions characters. $16 for a fun pack. Checked online, and Target had them on sale 2 for 1, but they also charge less than Toys-R-US. Got 2 for $14

A quick glance at their prices online has some of the stuff we got for the wean last birthday going for nearly twice the price we got it off Amazon or in the town. No bloody wonder they're going bust then.

11 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Just wondering, how many batteries for 8 pounds? I can find a 4 pack of batteries at my dollar store for a dollar lmao. No surprise they are going down tbh

Pizza chain Prezzo to close 94 restaurants.

51 minutes ago, FixedBusiness said:

Just wondering, how many batteries for 8 pounds? I can find a 4 pack of batteries at my dollar store for a dollar lmao. No surprise they are going down tbh

What make of batteries for a $? 

2 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Mainly lesser-known compagnies that only sell their batteries say, here in Canada but I'm pretty sure I've seen Duracell for either a dollar or 1.50 a pack of 4

3 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

1 minute ago, FixedBusiness said:

Mainly lesser-known compagnies that only sell their batteries say, here in Canada but I'm pretty sure I've seen Duracell for either a dollar or 1.50 a pack of 4

That's pretty good prices. I might go to my local £ shop to see what they have. 

Just now, Paul Bearer said:

That's pretty good prices. I might go to my local £ shop to see what they have. 

Yeah for sure. I'm assuming that all dollar stores have them. At all the dollar stores I've been to, the batteries have been in the check out area near the snacks if you're having trouble looking for them.

1 hour ago, Phantom said:

One opened here a year or two ago in the building that had previously been a branch of Burton. I've never seen anyone in it when walking past. I suspect it'll be amongst the 94 closing.

Duracell used to vary as to their longevity, depending on where they were made.

I think the Belgian made ones were of lesser capacity, but in same packet, and were the ones in poundland etc.

* no idea if this is still the case.

On 01/03/2018 at 18:19, Sir Creep said:

They were padding the books.

Ordered a carpet off those fuckers a fortnight ago and am waiting to hear when it will be fitted.luckily I haven’t parted with a penny, but I bust my ass getting all the paintwork freshened up. I’ll be phoning them tomorrow.

The salesman admitted that January was extremely quiet. He put this down to the weather. I bet they say that every winter.

5 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Can't remember TBH think it was either 4 or 6 they were those lithium ion batteries . I've had them before and they may last a little longer but you get 10 or 12 of the cheap batteries so works out the same, only difference is you have to change the batteries a little more often.

22 hours ago, Phantom said:

Aye, including one I go to which is surrounded by other restaurants.

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, including one I go to which is surrounded by other restaurants.

We don't get that chain of restaurants here. But there's one location that opens up as a pizza restaurant, decorated like an Italian courtyard etc, 6 months later it will close down only to reopen as a pizza restaurant with diner style interior. Of course that closes in about the same time. Then the cycle starts over again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phantom said:

We don't get that chain of restaurants here. But there's one location that opens up as a pizza restaurant, decorated like an Italian courtyard etc, 6 months later it will close down only to reopen as a pizza restaurant with diner style interior. Of course that closes in about the same time. Then the cycle starts over again.

There's one like that here too - it's been several French restaurants over the past few years with different names, with one relaunch keeping the same name as the previous one. It's now turned into a Chinese restaurant, which will probably keep going as there's no other Chinese restaurant in town. There's three Chinese takeaways, though, all on the same street!

We've a Prezzo here, too. I've not heard through the local grapevine yet as to whether it's closing or staying open, but it's never busy when I pass. I believe it only opened in the first place after a branch in the next town closed due to a serious in the floors above.

1 hour ago, JQW said:

There's one like that here too - it's been several French restaurants over the past few years with different names, with one relaunch keeping the same name as the previous one. It's now turned into a Chinese restaurant, which will probably keep going as there's no other Chinese restaurant in town. There's three Chinese takeaways, though, all on the same street!

We've a Prezzo here, too. I've not heard through the local grapevine yet as to whether it's closing or staying open, but it's never busy when I pass. I believe it only opened in the first place after a branch in the next town closed due to a serious in the floors above.

I was relieved when our local Pizza Slut closed down. I ate there once when I first moved to the U.S. At least Pizza Slut in the U.K. is edible. The crap they served up here was just awful, the dough was rubbery, meat was over-salted. If you order a pasta alternative, you'll be asked "What sauce do you want? Red or white?"

1 hour ago, Phantom said:

Place near me that is a total food poisoning hell and caters to pissed up morons on the weekend. When I first saw it it was American Chicken. Closed. Became USA chicken. Closed. Became Southern Chicken. Closed. Became Fresh Fried Chicken. Closed. Became US of A Chicken. Closed. Now trading as Great British Chicken. I expect it to close quite soon. All this in about three years. No wonder the locals look like shit. 

• Haha 1

Pizza Hut is garbage.  As is most chain pizza frankly.  I have a thing for Little Caesar's, guilty pleasure I guess.  Otherwise, you can toss Pizza Hut, Papa John's Domino's, etc in the bin.
SC 

2 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Pizza Hut is garbage.  As is most chain pizza frankly.  I have a thing for Little Caesar's, guilty pleasure I guess.  Otherwise, you can toss Pizza Hut, Papa John's Domino's, etc in the bin.
SC 

Domino's is a once-in-a-while guilty pleasure for me but otherwise agreed. Here in NJ there's a load of local pizzerias and those always blow chains out of the water.