maryportfuncity

Crashing Companies

I've always remembered deathray as a normal poster until a few weeks/ last month I think? Did something happen he may of had a mental breakdown / psychotic episode etc. Or was he a hidden troll? Did he always act like this?

3 hours ago, the_engineer said:

I've always remembered deathray as a normal poster until a few weeks/ last month I think? Did something happen he may of had a mental breakdown / psychotic episode etc. Or was he a hidden troll? Did he always act like this?

He would have some of his moments but it seems he has gotten progressively worse over time. I remember he kept on spamming "user name is a cunt" until he got banned for a week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Deathray has had many "moments" but spamming the forum AND chat on New Year was quite memorable and a great effort.

I have fond recollections of Magere Hein (rip) saying "I've got to put the list up, just ban him will you?" 

Look, with all these companies closing, it really is simple.

Put more money in the pockets of people and they will spend. Stick it to them with low or zero hours contracts, minimum or stagnant wages, growing inflation, high energy bills, houses they can't afford and the economy will suffer.

I expect this thread will start becoming hugely active over the next few years. Unless things change.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, themaninblack said:

Café certainly not black anymore...

Cafe rouge - says it all!!

20 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Put more money in the pockets of people and they will spend. Stick it to them with low or zero hours contracts, minimum or stagnant wages, growing inflation, high energy bills, houses they can't afford and the economy will suffer.

I expect this thread will start becoming hugely active over the next few years. Unless things change.

Eating out of course being one of the first things to hit the wall. The ingredients for a pizza costing 15 quid can be had for about a pound (esp veg ones).

If one assumes the staff are all on min wage (it's food service right? So notoriously badly paid). How come these restaurants are going to the wall with that profit margin on the ingredients?

I'm no economist but rent with 'upward only' rent reviews is going to figure in a big way.

So it's those working their butts off to sell to those who can ill afford it with the money winding up in the pockets of those who just own things and do nothing at all.

• Like 1

My perception is that there are just far too many of these restaurant chains.   Some towns seem overloaded with restaurants. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Toast said:

My perception is that there are just far too many of these restaurant chains.   Some towns seem overloaded with betting shops. 

FTFY

32 minutes ago, Toast said:

My perception is that there are just far too many of these restaurant chains.   Some towns seem overloaded with pound shops. 

FTFY

46 minutes ago, Toast said:

My perception is that there are just far too many of these restaurant chains.   Some towns seem overloaded with restaurants. 

58 minutes ago, En Passant said:

The ingredients for a pizza costing 15 quid can be had for about a pound (esp veg ones).

13 minutes ago, themaninblack said:

My perception is that there are just far too many of these restaurant chains.   Some towns seem overloaded with pound shops. 

Aha - I spy a vertical integration opportunity!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

The only businesses that i can see in 25 years are the services industry but even they aren't safe . Barbers,salons,pawn shops and bookies etc Things you can't get online but they'll be so many it will nullify the potential profits . I know that restaurants and cafes are closing and they're services but that's over saturation of the market too . Too many restaurants/coffee shops etc.Not many people can afford to eat in restaurants every week or not at all anymore combine that with more restaurants than ever competing for a smaller portion of the population, add rental costs and that industry looks like its in big trouble.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

So this thread will start becoming hugely active then. :P

1 hour ago, Toast said:

56 minutes ago, themaninblack said:

FTFY

Yer both right.

It's just clearing the stragglers away in an over-saturated market. Nando's is a licence to print money, same as Wagamama's. Dumb cunts will pay £15 for a burger, cold fries and drink at Five Guys and there's a ton more of those hitting UK malls and cinema complexes in the upcoming years. Shake Shack, Wahaca, Franco Manca... these kinda places will be replacing the Cafe Rouges and Asks. 

I went to Five Guys once, and if anyone can explain the fascination I’m all ears.  Shan’t return.

SC

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I went to Five Guys once, and if anyone can explain the fascination I’m all ears.  Shan’t return.

SC

I don't even want to think about that.

Or is it an American food place?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/3/2018 at 17:38, Phantom said:

Took my son to Toys-R-US earlier so he could see if the new Lego Marvel Avengers sets had been released. 

Saw this on the door on the way out.

20180303_155722.jpg

This is the equivalent of graffiti.

200w.webp

On 3/9/2018 at 07:08, the_engineer said:

Even with the 10% off, can still find them cheaper elsewhere. Too bad, I was hoping they'd slash their prices. 

I just bought my daughter’s Schwann bike that was cute as fucking hell from Toys R Us two months sgo.  Return policy lol??