maryportfuncity

Crashing Companies

Imagine the drop in Rates income as all these prime sites fail and stand empty.

Lack of imagination from Govt/local Govt.

3 hours ago, Toast said:

Doubling as handily-placed concert venues. 

Aye, who cares about buying towels in House of Fraser anymore?

19 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, who cares about buying towels in House of Fraser anymore?

Going into any department store nowadays is like walking down the high street anyway as inside it is all segregated into different brands and concessions. Not surprised that we’ve lost Allders, BHS and potentially HoF!

There was never a branch of HoF near me, so I'm not in the habit of shopping there.  As it happens, I do now live within 20 miles of one (which is not one of the condemned ones) but I've never set foot in it.  There's a Debenhams and a John Lewis right beside it. 

Toys R Us mascot Geoffrey the Giraffe gets a second life after death.

But first, Geoffrey's funeral:

New Jersey Gamer Con held an impromptu funeral viewing for Toys "R" Us mascot, Geoffrey the Giraffe, on July 8 to commemorate the official closing of the company's corporate headquarters on Friday.

Now:

Toys R Us mascot Geoffrey the Giraffe starts second career at children's hospital
SC

After nearly 118 years of publication, The Raymond/Prinsburg News is no more.  The weekly newspaper serving the communities of Raymond and Prinsburg in Kandiyohi County (MN) delivered the news in its final edition July 4. "It was a very hard decision,'' said Ted Almen, who along with his wife, Kari Jo, have published The News since they acquired it just over 20 years ago.  (Not one week did they make a profit).

The Raymond/Prinsburg News announced the closing with a front page modeled after the original Raymond News as published with its founding Nov. 23, 1900. This last edition marked the 6,124th week of continuous publication.
SC

1jk6bb2nedcyzoqqbw1-lxswcl2jdcx8b.jpg

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

After nearly 118 years of publication, The Raymond/Prinsburg News is no more.  The weekly newspaper serving the communities of Raymond and Prinsburg in Kandiyohi County (MN) delivered the news in its final edition July 4. "It was a very hard decision,'' said Ted Almen, who along with his wife, Kari Jo, have published The News since they acquired it just over 20 years ago.  (Not one week did they make a profit).

The Raymond/Prinsburg News announced the closing with a front page modeled after the original Raymond News as published with its founding Nov. 23, 1900. This last edition marked the 6,124th week of continuous publication.
SC

1jk6bb2nedcyzoqqbw1-lxswcl2jdcx8b.jpg

So if anyone out there finds Ted Almen buying their business - be very afraid

On 14/07/2018 at 06:32, Bentrovato said:

Ouch-o, with no rescue deal secured, prepares to appoint administrators.

On 23/07/2018 at 17:52, gcreptile said:

Tesla is looking for money:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/23/tesla-is-seeking-cash-from-its-suppliers-wsj.html

I'm seriously thinking about creating a thread on Elon Musk.

Be careful he might call you a paedophile.

On 15/07/2018 at 13:33, Bentrovato said:

Debenhams denies cash crunch problem.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44838413

Goodbye. 

Was there on friday. Three or 4 floors most of the people i saw were staff standing around, i saw more staff than shoppers. The place looked alot brighter and very clean since last time but lifts took ages and you had to get off one lift and walk across to another to get to the top floor. Shelves packed, no queues. This was friday after 6pm so not sure if thats dead hour or what , but the size of it you'd imagine it would always need to be packed to pay rents,staff etc.

37 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Squirrel Nut Zippers. 

:lol:

18 minutes ago, Toast said:

:lol:

One size fits all

4 hours ago, Phantom said:

NECCO (New England Confectionery Company) have ceased production with the loss 230 jobs.

They make Sweethearts and Squirrel Nut Zippers. 

Ive followed this for a 6 months now, coulda attached to my posts.  Thanks for sad update anyhow.

SC

7 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Ive followed this for a 6 months now, coulda attached to my posts.  Thanks for sad update anyhow.

SC

I couldn't find anything when I searched

11 minutes ago, Phantom said:

I couldn't find anything when I searched

Presumably that's why they're shutting, then.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

Presumably that's why they're shutting, then.

Or that they make substandard confectionery