Sign in to follow this  
Octopus of Odstock

2009 DDP

I left her out but that's just because I dislike Eastenders and have no interest in her. Yes even after all these years of dismal DDP performances I'm still choosing my team based on those whose obituaries I'd be interested to read.

She's a rubbish actress, and she's not going to die - I left her out too. I've got more chance of dying next year than she has.

She was a crappy Just a Minute panellist too.

I left her out but that's just because I dislike Eastenders and have no interest in her. Yes even after all these years of dismal DDP performances I'm still choosing my team based on those whose obituaries I'd be interested to read.

She's a rubbish actress, and she's not going to die - I left her out too. I've got more chance of dying next year than she has.

She's so wooden, I don't know what the fuss about her is - I've seen more wood in my bedroom this year, and that's saying something, believe me.

I've made room for Wisdom....

It means my team for 2009 will not have any of the eight survivors from 2008, which means at least 1/2 of them will peg it in the next 12 months..

Anyone who doesn't want to post their teams until it's all confirmed, I will try & do tomorrow's bunch asap. But I have a NY party to get drunk to instead!

A couple of things to say:-

Team-wise, it should be around the same amount again - we may lose a couple of the older stalwarts, but most big guns are still here and there's a lot of newcomers.

Less out-and-out theme teams this year, but those that have.. have been interesting... very interesting.

Famous for being ill? Well, all the expected suspects have been chosen - Evans, Endersby etc - but not a plethora of them, which is something.

One of the most controversial, most personal, yet probably one of the funniest picks of all time has been chosen by one team.

Swayze, Wisdom, Kennedy, Fidel, Mags & Kirky D are all popular & will not be unique hits. Neither will the likes of Novak, Atkins, Birch, Cundy & Maurice Allais.

Fingers crossed, I'll have 08 sorted & 09 up asap. Thanks for your patience in advance!

She's so wooden, I don't know what the fuss about her is - I've seen more wood in my bedroom this year, and that's saying something, believe me.

Anyone who has a collection of more than 1,000 ornamental frogs can't be that bad. I liked her as Miss Brahms and thought she worked well with Mollie Sugden who has been off the radar for a long time.

Anyone who doesn't want to post their teams until it's all confirmed, I will try & do tomorrow's bunch asap. But I have a NY party to get drunk to instead!

Team-wise, it should be around the same amount again - we may lose a couple of the older stalwarts, but most big guns are still here and there's a lot of newcomers.

Less out-and-out theme teams this year, but those that have.. have been interesting... very interesting.

Famous for being ill? Well, all the expected suspects have been chosen - Evans, Endersby etc - but not a plethora of them, which is something.

One of the most controversial, most personal, yet probably one of the funniest picks of all time has been chosen by one team.

Swayze, Wisdom, Kennedy, Fidel, Mags & Kirky D are all popular & will not be unique hits. Neither will the likes of Novak, Atkins, Birch, Cundy & Maurice Allais.

Fingers crossed, I'll have 08 sorted & 09 up asap. Thanks for your patience in advance!

Kirky D? :skill2:

Kirk Douglas. Will we recognise the personal pick when we see it or will you let us know when all teams are in?

Kirk Douglas. Will we recognise the personal pick when we see it or will you let us know when all teams are in?

I picked him. There's no way I will win. And you have no idea how long it took me to type this without typos. Jack Daniel's has a lot to answer for.

My team will be sent at some point tomorrow OoO, hopefully not as late as the 10 p.m. I sent it in last year, I fully expect all my team to survive the year, they normally do, so to all of you who have picked Mr. Wisdom, sorry, it's my fault if he survives 2009. Spotted a wrong description on a pick for the 2008 DDP OoO, I'll tell you the details in 2009 as he is on my next team :skill2: .

Kirky D? :huh:

Of course. So many names! It makes me dizzy.... :skill2:

Well, the pick is unique, so I better keep shtum for now. But yes, you will recognise the name :skill2:

Well, the pick is unique, so I better keep shtum for now. But yes, you will recognise the name :skill2:

They've not picked you have they?

It means my team for 2009 will not have any of the eight survivors from 2008, which means at least 1/2 of them will peg it in the next 12 months..

I'm guessing... Tolimir... was the last hold out?

Just to be different, I've kept Richard and kicked out Llewellyn, mainly because I hate typing his name all the time. Toyed with Birch as my joker, but picked someone more certain instead. I'll submit tomorrow OoO, just in case I run into someone strange or unique worth picking. At most I'll have 3 uniques but, since none of them are terribly secret, that number will likely be a lot closer to 0.

Haven't enjoyed this this much in a while... brings back memories... :skill2:

Just to be different, I've kept Richard and kicked out Llewellyn, mainly because I hate typing his name all the time. Toyed with Birch as my joker, but picked someone more certain instead. I'll submit tomorrow OoO, just in case I run into someone strange or unique worth picking. At most I'll have 3 uniques but, since none of them are terribly secret, that number will likely be a lot closer to 0.

Haven't enjoyed this this much in a while... brings back memories... :skill2:

No as it happens. I've not even considered Tolimir for this years list. Last man standing was John Mortimer, who gets the consolation of being the sub.

Actually, I may put in a self-imposed rule of completely replacing my DDP team, rather like the 25 replacements for DL every year. But that might compromise my chances of winning. Would make for interesting teams every year though...

Haven't enjoyed this this much in a while... brings back memories... :huh:

No as it happens. I've not even considered Tolimir for this years list. Last man standing was John Mortimer, who gets the consolation of being the sub.

Actually, I may put in a self-imposed rule of completely replacing my DDP team, rather like the 25 replacements for DL every year. But that might compromise my chances of winning. Would make for interesting teams every year though...

Damn, that was going to be my second guess. I hope I've been better at picking my own DDP candidates. :skill2:

Reet, I'm in, with the most conservative set of picks I've ever fielded. The one safe prediction I'll make about the Carkers Convention line up of 2009 is no unique pick bonuses.

Finally sent mine in.

With that off my mind I can finally get round to constructing my blog...

I'm eager to announce that Master Mind 2009 was entered a few days ago. I stand very confident in my teams performance and I'm aiming at my first DDP championship. I would also be the first modern American to win the competition. I'm anticipating the quality in other teams that my rivals have created and I look forward to seeing what they got.

I'm eager to announce that Master Mind 2009 was entered a few days ago. I stand very confident in my teams performance and I'm aiming at my first DDP championship. I would also be the first modern American to win the competition. I'm anticipating the quality in other teams that my rivals have created and I look forward to seeing what they got.

What does this mean? Did Pocahontas win it once?

<---- my team for DDP is finally in.

By all accounts I've had a poor year in 2008.

Heaven only knows how my 2009 team will turn out!

Looking forward to seeing all the team line-ups.

I think past winners Fallen Sparrow and the late MT Graves were "modern Americans".

I'm in now too. We'll see if a similar mix from last year will serve me well again this year... dropped my number of 90+ers from 6 to 4 this year, with hopes that some of the much younger crowd will make up for that...

I sent mine in a few days ago - it was my normal draw-from-a-hat list. :old: I like it that way.

Phew! Just got it in. I hope.

I got my 2009 DDP entry in as well.

I am hoping for a better result this year

Congrats to The Living End team for winning DDP 2008!