Sign in to follow this  
Boudicca

President (recumbent) Barack Obama

A thread for the President Elect.

My God!!!

You are a right load of bloodthirsty old Harpies.

I'd give him 6 months. :)

My God!!!

You are a right load of blood thirsty old Harpys.

Id give him 6 months. :)

Less of the old, grandad.

Someone's bound to try and bump him off, and I'll do anything for points.

is he a secret Halibut

Is he a secret Halibut?

Is this a question? A witty comment perhaps? Is there some irony I'm missing? What the f**k does religion have to do with any of this?

Oh, first post, sorry Wobbles. Welcome to Deathlist where anything goes, even poor grammar, non-existent punctuation, religious bigotry and barely disguised racial overtones. We're a broad church, or should I say mosque.

I was particularly impressed by Barry's huge landslide win in the popular vote.

Apparently he got a whopping 52% of the popular vote to McCain's 46%. (What happened to the missing 2%?)

It's reassuring to know he's as wildly popular as the media made out.

My God!!!

You are a right load of bloodthirsty old Harpies.

I'd give him 6 months. :)

Whenever this bloodthirsty old harpy puts someone on her list, it tends to breathe new life into them and they survive, so I am only doing him a favour :) .

S'cuse the lack of bloodlust here but.......I have f*****g loved it, I mean LOVED IT, watching the news tonight. I know he's only human and nobody can live up to that level of expectation but if he manages the same level of statemanship that Nelson Mandela showed in taking on a similarly impossible job, the whole planet will be a better place.

There's plenty of deadpool fodder out there without this one. An enlightened pick and enjoyable score might involve one of us googling to find the stupidest bloodthirsty racist bigot posting about wanting Barak offed. With any luck the thick f**k will have his head blown apart on live TV by secret service men who take him out just before he pulls the trigger on BO. How cool would that be to have that deadman as a unique pick and reap the points as every major news source reported his death?

S'cuse the lack of bloodlust here but.......I have f*****g loved it, I mean LOVED IT, watching the news tonight. I know he's only human and nobody can live up to that level of expectation but if he manages the same level of statemanship that Nelson Mandela showed in taking on a similarly impossible job, the whole planet will be a better place.

There's plenty of deadpool fodder out there without this one. An enlightened pick and enjoyable score might involve one of us googling to find the stupidest bloodthirsty racist bigot posting about wanting Barak offed. With any luck the thick f**k will have his head blown apart on live TV by secret service men who take him out just before he pulls the trigger on BO. How cool would that be to have that deadman as a unique pick and reap the points as every major news source reported his death?

Is this your equivalent MPFC to Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech? I found the coverage and speech-making all quite moving and inspiring, dimming the old cynic in me. Watching those villagers in Kenya brought it home just what a big deal this is.

As a fan of the West Wing I couldn't help thinking how the whole campaign mirrored the Matt Santos storyline, even down to the decent, older Republican opponent. The only difference is that if the TV series had scripted in a rabid Alaskan hockey mom the producers would have thrown her out as too unreal.

Even Bush came over as presidential for once in his life, acknowledging the significance of the event.

Excuse me, but this has to come out ...WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

You know what I'm tired of? Pundits and commentators remarking over Obama's cool collected demeanor. Compared to what? Can we agree that this has been so far a very hysterical decade?* Oh, the hollering, the jumping on couches, the endless river of big wet crocodile tears flowing just about every time you turn on the telly... I mean, you know you haven't made it as a celeb unless you've teared up during a few 60 Minutes interviews. So compared to this ruckus naturally our president elect is a bit reserved.

*Yes I know I said WHEEE but I was very restrained in my use of color and font.

Obama received 98% of the black vote, and people here still won't admit that it was race motivated and, as such, racist.

I wanted neither of them, the only major party candidate I would have voted for was Ron Paul. (Because he's white, obviously. Not. But if that were the case it should be acceptable based on all those who voted for Obama based on his skin color.)

This is going to be an interesting ride, of that I'm certain. I have recently moved to the South of this great land and had forgotten how deeply the racial divisions still were here. I would not be surprised if one or more of these nutbars made an attempt on his life before inauguration day.

And you're in the northern south, TH. :)

The only demographic group that broke for McCain was 65 and older. Latinos and Asians also voted more than 60% for Obama.

My own anecdotal evidence culled from my fellow full time employed upper middle class soccer moms was that many of us probably would have voted for McCain if it hadn't been for Palin.

The only demographic group that broke for McCain was 65 and older. Latinos and Asians also voted more than 60% for Obama.

My own anecdotal evidence culled from my fellow full time employed upper middle class soccer moms was that many of us probably would have voted for McCain if it hadn't been for Palin.

See, I don't get that. What pissed all the girls off about Sarah Palin? I get the religious zealot part, but that's common in the Republican Party. Overall, I kinda liked her. She was like the "approachable" cheerleader in high school.

My problem with Obama, now that he's won, is the damned near across the board "empowerment" (meaning license to say racist stuff out loud and celebrate as if this were a "race-only" issue) actions of black people. Hell, my freaking accountant is black and is telling me he's "up on me" now. I sorta mentioned that I was considering not paying my bill and changing firms and that changed the conversation considerably, but, damn, and condemn me to hell if you want, the word "uppity" has tried to spring from my throat. It hasn't, but not without a struggle.

In my opinion all this election has proved is something that most of us moderate white Americans have known for years; black people are intrinsically racist.

See, I don't get that. What pissed all the girls off about Sarah Palin? I get the religious zealot part, but that's common in the Republican Party. Overall, I kinda liked her. She was like the "approachable" cheerleader in high school.

My problem with Obama, now that he's won, is the damned near across the board "empowerment" (meaning license to say racist stuff out loud and celebrate as if this were a "race-only" issue) actions of black people. Hell, my freaking accountant is black and is telling me he's "up on me" now. I sorta mentioned that I was considering not paying my bill and changing firms and that changed the conversation considerably, but, damn, and condemn me to hell if you want, the word "uppity" has tried to spring from my throat. It hasn't, but not without a struggle.

In my opinion all this election has proved is something that most of us moderate white Americans have known for years; black people are intrinsically racist.

Because women don't like other women in the public eye. Reality TV shows regularly have women voting off other women.

There are still racial issues in America, which you have demonstrated TH... :)

Well there were a few other issues I had with Palin. Overturning Roe v. Wade, Creationism in schools, putting her unborn SN child in jeopardy, her astounding ignorance - that sort of thing. Aerial shooting of wolves sounds pretty cool though.

Uppity Negroes TH? You need to put the boy in his place quick smart. Tell him you need a shine next time you see him, that should do the trick :)

Well there were a few other issues I had with Palin. Overturning Roe v. Wade, Creationism in schools, putting her unborn SN child in jeopardy, her astounding ignorance - that sort of thing. Aerial shooting of wolves sounds pretty cool though.

Uppity Negroes TH? You need to put the boy in his place quick smart. Tell him you need a shine next time you see him, that should do the trick :)

Poor wolves :) , I'd rather have aerial shooting of Sarah Palin.

Poor wolves :) , I'd rather have aerial shooting of Sarah Palin.

You could always organise a shooting holiday for Mrs. Palin.

I suggest over the mountains of Afghanistan. At least then aerial shooting would be more competative...

Aaaand, he wins $100.00! I had a bet with a friend visiting here that even in England people associate the word "uppity" only with black people. It's a common word in the South, used more often towards peoples' own children than any race or creed. My apologies for any upset I might have caused any of you. I mourn and lament the loss of a very useful and descriptive word to the preconceptions and biases of apology. I will continue to be uppity, though, I consider it a virtue. Except when directed at me by my children.

I am not racist in the least. I am, however, possessing of degrees in both English (from an American university, so, not so much English as American) and Philosophy and I do have issues with people who butcher or hijack the language regardless of their heritage. Uppity is a colorful (from the standpoint of it's flavor and meaning) yet colorless (from the standpoint that it does not have a necessary racial indication) word, and I for one will continue to warn my step-son against being same.

I have tremendous respect for Obama as a speaker, as a person, and as a politician. He scares me from the standpoint that he is such an unknown quantity. I'm a "deeds not words" kind of guy, and all I can find about the President-elect's positions are his words. He seems to have a very contradictory history of deeds and associations. Nevertheless, I remain optimistic.

I voted the Objectivist Party, by the way. My vote was counted in California where I also voted against the ban on gay marriage, which, by the way, 85% of black voters voted for, which confuses and confounds me.

Another interesting statistic being ignored by the media, and that confuses and confounds me, is that 98% of black voters voted for Obama. Sorry, but that's racism. Statistically proven racism, as well.

I will fade back into obscure monitoring again now, but thanks for the hundred bucks.

Aaaand, he wins $100.00! I had a bet with a friend visiting here that even in England people associate the word "uppity" only with black people.

I hope your friend isn't niggardly.

I hope your friend isn't niggardly.

Another fine word hijacked for simply sounding like something it has nothing to do with.

... even in England people associate the word "uppity" only with black people. ...

No, I associate it with the Roger Hargreaves character. He's purple, if that affects your little wager at all.

... even in England people associate the word "uppity" only with black people. ...

No, I associate it with the Roger Hargreaves character. He's purple, if that affects your little wager at all.

Haha, guess I shouldn't have said only.