Sign in to follow this  
Worthing Paul

Brian Clough

I recenlty had the great pleasure of meeting Brian Clough (he's an ex football player and manager for those of you the other side of the pond).

Oh dear, he really is not a well bunny...

:) Sorry to hear that about old Clougie. He's still my favourite (ex) football manager by miles.

My favourite ex-manager is Tommy Docherty for the sole reason that he managed Man Utd when they were relegated in the 70's..........

My favourite ex-manager is Tommy Docherty for the sole reason that he managed Man Utd when they were relegated in the 70's..........

And what better reason could there ever be to love a Man U manager?

I suppose the only thing I can think of would be being the Manchester United manager and putting your players on a technically suspect aeroplane...

...perhaps one travelling between Germany and England....

WP

Guest Amo

He was a great Manager (not better than Bill Shankley & Bob Paisley though!)

An aquaintance from Nottingham Police once told me that they used to have a seepstake to guess the difference between declared attendance at Forest home games and the real figure. Apparently this was often out by 25%, leaving a small fortune in ready cash for Mr C

Guest Brian Cough

I was a moany old git werent I? Helloh Grim Reaper!

Guest Daz

The greatest of them all. There will never be anyone like him again.

A couple of people who should get a mention at this point are Mr. Stats for picking-up on Clough's poor health in early February:

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=96

and Worthing Paul who was also predicting an early bath for Brian:

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=375

Good tipping fellas!

DWB :referee:

There he goes, there he goes, there he goes...

There he goes, there he goes, there he goes - ows.

Sung to to the tune of "Here we go", except we didn't, and he did.

rest in peace Brian. you certainly entertained us over the last 25 years :referee:

Brian Clough quotes

"If God wanted us to play football in the air, he'd have built a pitch in the clouds". Well Cloughie, you're about to find out whether he did or not. :referee:

Seriously though, top bloke. Never afraid to speak his mind and ruffle a few feathers.

The first football match I ever went to was Man Utd v Derby at Old Trafford (don't ask me why, don't support either!). Derby came away with a 1-0 victory (Hector or O'Hare I think). I got into the spirit of things afterwards standing outside the ground giving the V's to the great man as he sat on the team coach. He just sat there with that instantly recognisable self-satisfied expression on his face.

A true character! Don't have any managers around these days who are even remotely like him.

[Can't believe he was a mere 69!]

RIP Brian. Perhaps Sir Bobby Robson could oblige us next, he's not got much else on these days

I don't rate those liver transplants!...Watch out George...

Talking of transplants ...

Two slebs for the price of one.

Great result Brian. Well played. Bad news is that Heaven's a full house .......... though I'm sure when the oficial figures come out there is only 23,000 in this week. Just think you can sit on the right hand of Bill Shankly now.

Oh Yangse - beautiful river - full of fish.......

Sir Alex next ....... same complaint ..... bring it on.

Guest simon
I was a moany old git werent I? Helloh Grim Reaper!

brian clough :ghost: is a legend

I know of Gerard Depardieu, Brian Clough, George Best & David Crosby getting new livers. Anyone know of any other celebs having organ transplants?

I know of Gerard Depardieu, Brian Clough, George Best & David Crosby getting new livers. Anyone know of any other celebs having organ transplants?

In terms of living people with liver transplants, there's also Jim Nabors, Evel Kinievel, Phil Lesh (Guitarist for Grateful Dead), Pat Summerall, former Arkansas governor Jim Guy Tucker, and of course our good friend Mr. Larry Hagman.

Gary Coleman, Carroll Shelby, Kerry Packer and Vanity are all lucky recipients of kidney transplants.

Musician Freddie Fender has apparentely had both. :ghost:

Guest Guest

why you been sad to brian clough he waz the bestest ever no 1 lyk im u self lil dick head prick

why you been sad to brian clough he waz the bestest ever no 1 lyk im u self lil dick head prick

Yeah, like.

Imagine; if Bruno Brimley were born in Nottingham and drank nothing other than suicidally strong lager....