doomchanter

Rupert Murdoch

I would like to nominate my old chum Rupert Murdock for next years deathlist ....aside from his age (73?) I have no reason other than wishfull thinking.

• Like 1

Is it me or is Murdoch looking a bit peaky?

Some of you may vomit at what he has to say, but this isn't the issue. The issue is that he doesn't look a particularly well man to me...

When I saw it, I thought he may be going through chemo or something. But thats probably a well known fact that I was oblivious to...

Rupert Murdoch was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2000 and he stated at the time that he hoped the disease would be successfully treated with radiotherapy. If his hopes not have been realised and the cancer took hold, eventually spreading to his bones, then there is every chance that he could have reached the chemotherapy stage a decade later. He could be a good outside bet for DL 2011.

I wonder if his business empire might die before he does? Will the traditional media he's made his money from be engulfed by the technology that makes everything he once sold free of charge?

Since the DL seems to like the older candidate it is worth noting that Rupert's mother, Dame Elisabeth Murdoch, is still alive at the the age of 101.

She seems to be famous in her own right in Australia, and would get a British obit for obvious reasons...

Cynical marketing ploy and desperate attempt to combine the appearance of being in charge (by the Murdochs) with the generation of some sympathy (for those losing jobs), and thereby deflect criticism of the phone hacking, or summat. I'm not sure how the company is structured financially but if NOTW is a separate financial entity and they suddenly stop the income stream, there'll be some chance of deflecting damages claims because there won't be anyone to sue.

Cynical marketing ploy and desperate attempt to combine the appearance of being in charge (by the Murdochs) with the generation of some sympathy (for those losing jobs), and thereby deflect criticism of the phone hacking, or summat. I'm not sure how the company is structured financially but if NOTW is a separate financial entity and they suddenly stop the income stream, there'll be some chance of deflecting damages claims because there won't be anyone to sue.

Well it's buggered up Mondays for the rest of the press, nowt decent to follow up now.

I thought as much

I thought as much

How long do you think it'll be before the launch of 'The Sunday Sun', or summat similar?

I thought as much

How long do you think it'll be before the launch of 'The Sunday Sun', or summat similar?

July 17th?

I thought as much

as soon as they think we've forgotten about this scandal...

I hope Rupert Murdoch keels over and dies along with his disgusting paper.

The only thing I want to die is the bloody scandal itself*. I'm sick fed up hearing about it.

It's been completely sensationalised...

*Excluding my DDP picks.

Steve Coogan has now joined battle on Newsnight,dancing on the grave of News of the World.Theres a lot of happy celebs today! It's worth a look on iplayer.Coogan nearly ripped th e head off a tabloid journalist! Very entertaining

It's interesting to read the BBC website, where they're postulating the NoW will sell even more copies (as their final print). But who will want to collect this useless "rag" in the future..3+ million "collectors" means that the last edition will never be worth more than cost price.

Wait for the announcement "News of the Globe", "Sunday Sun" or someother shite name to fill the gap.....with the same editors and staff as the NoW...FFS

I keep thinking hes dead.As if we'd get so lucky.

This is why I still come here. Very amusing.

LOL - that was the first time I've ever found Stephen Fry amusing. :P

Love the Kerr Avon avatar by the way. :o

I am happy to announce the death of Rupert murdochs attempts to take over the world James Bond stylee

I'm getting a hint of what it must have felt like for an Egyptian a few months ago...

I am happy to announce the death of Rupert murdochs attempts to take over the world James Bond stylee

Rupert? Is that you?

• Like 1