Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

"Sensational" Sherri Martel has died:

Sensational Sherri passes away

Sherri Russell aka Sensational Sherri Martel passed away, believed to be this morning at home. She was 49.

No other details are available at the moment. Police are currently at her residence with her husband.

In 1991, while managing Randy Savage, Sherri was the only woman ever to win the Manager of the Year award.

A link to the article concerning Sherri's death for anyone who cares.

For all the wrestlers some of us do consider as being at risk for an early casket call, someone we hadn't considered always seems to bite us when we're not looking.

• Like 1

The wrestler, Chris Benoit, has been found dead at his home, alongside the bodies of his wife and young son.

The wrestler, Chris Benoit, has been found dead at his home, alongside the bodies of his wife and young son.

F**king hell...

Always thought they were tempting fate by doing the "Vince is dead" angle.

Can't believe this.

He was meant to be on a PPV last night but there were rumours he had problems and wouldn't show.

Genuinely stunned by this.

shocked also. All authorities will confirm is that Benoit, his wife and 7-yr old weren't shot.

shocked also. All authorities will confirm is that Benoit, his wife and 7-yr old weren't shot.

Apparently he no-showed the PPV because his wife and kid were ill and coughing up blood. Then all were found dead.

Very suspicious.

I was shocked to hear especially since I found out his wife and son had also died. My first thought was an overdose but this is outrageous. Could it have been planned by the family? Were they poisoned? It's early at this point to be jumping at conclusions but it's certainly caught me off guard.

I was shocked to hear especially since I found out his wife and son had also died. My first thought was an overdose but this is outrageous. Could it have been planned by the family? Were they poisoned? It's early at this point to be jumping at conclusions but it's certainly caught me off guard.

At least one North American news source is saying they were "found slain," and that's a pretty harsh word.

At least one North American news source is saying they were "found slain," and that's a pretty harsh word.

He could have been exaggerating with the tone of that word, but either way the truth behind this is ugly.

It's a f****n shame.

If this is another "storyline" in this so-called sport then I hope the scriptwriter :)^_^ is the next to go

F**king hell...

Always thought they were tempting fate by doing the "Vince is dead" angle.

Can't believe this.

He was meant to be on a PPV last night but there were rumours he had problems and wouldn't show.

Genuinely stunned by this.

Apparently the WWE was all set to show a three hour "tribute" to McMahon last night, but then had to pre-empt it when someone really did die.

This is the ultimate real world boy who cried wolf. You can just imagine all the Wrestleheads going, "Yeah, right, Vince 'died', now Chris Benoit. Good one", then later seeing on CNN it was for real.

Well, we gave it a shot with Roddy Piper.

It's now being reported that Benoit killed his wife, then his son the next day before himself.

Oh, and that a ridiculous amount of steroids were found at the house...

Edit to add:

"The details, when they come out," said Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard, "are going to prove a little bizarre."

"The details, when they come out," said Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard, "are going to prove a little bizarre."

To add to that bit, it has been bugging me not being able to speculate on any wrestling sites about what that might actually mean.

I think the strange text messages he sent could have been him coming out, or perhaps there was something sexual/necrophiliac involved with his wife and/or kid.

And yes, now that it looks as though he killed his wife and seven-year-old kid any time I had for him has vanished.

Years back I actually used to be a big WWF fan, especially around the times of Wrestle Mania 14 when Stone Cold Steve Austin (who I believe is one of the greatest characters in professional wrestling to ever live' was on his rise to fame. I always took Benoit for a more of a WCW wrestler, but I watched when he arrived six or seven years ago. Every now and then I watch Raw just to see what it is, and I personally think the Vince McMahon getting wacked by a car bomb stunt was just horrible. I mean you always knew these people were incredible athletes as they were actors, but to fake a death is just to dramatic and it really makes it too fake for viewers.

Now that Chris Benoit and his whole family are found dead it sure makes Vince look important. I hope the writers learn a lesson from this.

I had to laugh at this: "His hug with Eddie at WrestleMania XX was one of wrestling's most memorable moments."

And they call this a sport? Sounds more like synchronised swimming.

I think the strange text messages he sent could have been him coming out, or perhaps there was something sexual/necrophiliac involved with his wife and/or kid.

The words "hideous" and "heinious" are now doing the rounds...

I'm starting to think I was right :)

So Chris Benoit killed everybody and jerked off to their dead bodies.

What channel is the Vince tribute? :)

Found this elsewhere and goes with what I saw:

Just seen press conference...

Tied up wife by ankles and wrists and strangled her. Left Bible by her side.

Then strangled son and left Bible by him.

Then later strangled himself with his weights!

Dr H, I've never heard of this chap - was he up to much in the wrestling fame stakes? Was he a George Best or a Robin Friday?

Dr H, I've never heard of this chap - was he up to much in the wrestling fame stakes? Was he a George Best or a Robin Friday?

Was trained by Bret Hart's father, and was influenced by Tom Billington, the Dynamite Kid.

Big in Japan, underused in WCW but was pushed in WWF/E and won one version of the World Championship.

"Wrestling" fans always thought he was underappreciated and writers are now calling him one of the best 15 wrestlers of the past 30 years.

So we're probably talking Ian Rush level. Ish.

And I've now seen that press conference and what I put about is correct.

Semi-official confirmation of murder-suicide

Typical ultra-macho steroid-induced lunacy I fear.

And it gets worse...

They're talking about this on CNN Headline News right now. Scott Ballard the D.A. on the case said seven-year-old Daniel, Beniot's son, had needle marks and they believe he had been on growth hormones for some time.

I always thought Benoit was a pill popper. I mean as I said when I first heard I thought it could have been from the result of an overdose or a heart attack caused by these body diminishing drugs, but now the story just gets weirder and weirder. His seven year old son was doing steroids, everybody was dead with bibles in their arms, I don't know what the hell to think. At least I don't think it will beat Anna Nicole Smiths story.

Comprehensive article in today's Sun about the multitudes of the wrestling dead.

The article mentions the famous Von Erich wrestling family, three of the six Von Erich brothers committed suicide, one died in childhood and the other died of drug overdose - one brother, Kevin Von Erich, is still alive...

• Like 1